Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:04:10:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653556 Posts in 297938 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Mass Teacher Walkout Closes Schools Across West Virginia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Mass Teacher Walkout Closes Schools Across West Virginia  (Read 51 times)
wvit1001

« on: 02 23, 18, 11:13:22:AM » Reply

West Virginia public school teachers launched a statewide walkout Thursday that canceled classes in all 55 counties, protesting over pay hikes signed by the governor hours earlier that the teachers say don’t go far enough.

Thousands of teachers and support staff converged at the gold domed Capitol in Charleston on Thursday, seeking to pressure lawmakers who are still considering other proposals for them. It was their first statewide strike since 1990 in West Virginia, where teacher pay ranks 48th in the nation.

The walkout is scheduled for two days, and teachers say they’re willing to go longer if need be.

Chants of “Do your job so I can do mine” reverberated throughout the Capitol halls, along with other slogans including “55 strong” — a reference to the state’s 55 counties.

Gov. Jim Justice on Wednesday night signed a 2 percent raise next year for teachers, followed by 1 percent raises the following two years. But teachers say the increases are too stingy. They also complain about projected increases in health insurance costs.

“You have all these state employees out here who are furious,” said Melanie Pinkerman, a counselor at Huntington High School and one of those protesting. She held up a protest sign mocking the governor, joined by other demonstrators outside the House of Delegates chambers.

Justice on Wednesday night signed a 2 percent raise next year for teachers, followed by 1 percent raises the following two years. The average teacher salary in West Virginia is $45,622, well below the national average is $58,353. When the teachers last struck statewide in 1990, their pay ranked 49th in the nation.

http://time.com/5172509/west-virginia-teacher-walkout/
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 02 23, 18, 11:19:47:AM » Reply

If all teachers were doing their job of teaching then why do we have students fresh out of high school that can't make change on a $21.60 purchase when you hand them $25.60 instead they go in a state of confusion and stare at both hands like what the hell!
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #2 on: 02 23, 18, 02:51:09:PM » Reply

Don’t the leftist Democrat super wealth Rockefellers own WV?

At least they don’t have sancturary state illegal murders to deal with as their voting base like Kalifornia does
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 02 23, 18, 02:55:05:PM » Reply

you and zippy's kids can't make change blammey?   
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #4 on: 02 23, 18, 03:01:24:PM » Reply

Blamey went to Leftarded dumb downed indoctrination centers like you did nitwit Huh?

Don’t think so, dumber than zippy, right blamey ?
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 02 23, 18, 03:03:15:PM » Reply

are those sentences supposed to mean something zippy?
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #6 on: 02 23, 18, 03:15:22:PM » Reply

"zippy's kids", ms/master wvit1001?
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 02 23, 18, 03:20:22:PM » Reply

does zippy not have any kids omaiqt?
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

« Reply #8 on: 02 23, 18, 03:40:46:PM » Reply

Who or what is "zippy", ms/master wvit1001?
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 02 23, 18, 03:44:52:PM » Reply

you can be zippy if you want omiaqt.   you act about like him with your stupidity sometimes.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #10 on: 02 23, 18, 03:47:29:PM » Reply

Power to the people!
omiaqt

« Reply #11 on: 02 23, 18, 03:48:43:PM » Reply

Have your Mom/Father read the question and explain it. Then come back with an appropriate response. You may also ask a teacher if at School.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Mass Teacher Walkout Closes Schools Across West Virginia
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory