Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 12:56:24:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660539 Posts in 298598 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Armed Deputy at Stoneman School Never Went Inside 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: Armed Deputy at Stoneman School Never Went Inside  (Read 657 times)
justincase

« on: 02 22, 18, 06:34:40:PM » Reply

Fla. school officer waited outside building for 4 minutes as killings happened, sheriff says

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel says armed school resource deputy who was on duty at Stoneman Douglas the day of the shooting "never went in." The deputy was suspended without pay pending investigation, but he opted to resign/retire, the sheriff says.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fla-school-officer-waited-building-minutes-killings-happened/story?id=53288339&cid=social_fb_abcn

Oscar_LaVista

I need more cowbell! And walls!

« Reply #1 on: 02 22, 18, 07:01:15:PM » Reply

never hire an armed guard to do a teacher's work. 
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #2 on: 02 22, 18, 07:09:06:PM » Reply

Sadly the fla cop was doing his job. The Supreme Court ruled police have no duty to protect the general public.

Yet just the other day a Kansas cop was honored for running into a building where a mass shooting was occurring, without backup, and taking the shooter out.
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #3 on: 02 22, 18, 07:10:52:PM » Reply

no, the cop was not doing his job.  did you read what the post said?  are you incapable of reading or incapable of comprehending what you read? 
Local5th

« Reply #4 on: 02 22, 18, 07:26:33:PM » Reply

I'll agree the cop wasn't doing their job as I see it. But that doesn't change the facts short round.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 02 22, 18, 07:31:06:PM » Reply

What Supreme Court case are you referencing local?   
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #6 on: 02 22, 18, 07:33:43:PM » Reply

I'll agree the cop wasn't doing their job as I see it. But that doesn't change the facts short round.

you need to read the actual opinion of the court to see just how little you know about what the ruling was all about. it is not as black and white as you sum it up.  and the cop involved WAS SUSPENDED...his superiors obviously thought it was his job- right?  since when it is a constitutional case for the police to judge the actions of policemen under their authority? and the ruling was basically saying police, and police officers, have the right to do their duty to protect and serve as they see fit given the circumstances at the time, and not NECESSARILY be sued and certainly not be arrested if they decide discretion is the better part of valor.  Remember when federal agents waited 51 days before taking any real action at Waco?  How about firefighters who decide it is too risky to enter a flaming building even if they know people may be inside?  how about ambulance drivers and emergency vehicles and even cops who will stay away from an active shooting event if it is deemed to dangerous?
Local5th

« Reply #7 on: 02 22, 18, 07:49:43:PM » Reply

What Supreme Court case are you referencing local?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #8 on: 02 22, 18, 08:03:19:PM » Reply

Moral of the story:  Don't put cops on this sort of duty who are counting the days to a cushy retirement.
Oscar_LaVista

« Reply #9 on: 02 22, 18, 08:04:30:PM » Reply

why don't you be a cop, sonny?  you got the talking brave part over with. 
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 02 22, 18, 09:06:10:PM » Reply

What was the purpose of having an armed deputy there? He was a coward, he didn't do his job period!
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #11 on: 02 22, 18, 09:44:16:PM » Reply

More reason to allow teachers who want to be armed, who have permits to carry concealed, to do so.
You no longer need to worry that the cops are just 15 minutes away. You have to worry whether they will help you when they are there.
I mean honestly, since when are people no longer allowed to protect themselves?
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Armed Deputy at Stoneman School Never Went Inside
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory