Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 04:58:20:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Bush Did It 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Bush Did It  (Read 488 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« on: 09 04, 10, 08:05:52:AM » Reply

Even some liberal pundits call for Bush, the now long-missed moderate, to draw on his recognized tolerance and weigh in on the Ground Zero mosque or the Arizona anti-immigration legislation. Apparently the erstwhile divider is now the healer that the healer Obama is not.

As President Obama’s polls dip, as Congress is widely disdained, and as the economy slumps, suddenly George Bush is missed. Why so?

1) The Obama record. We naturally compare Bush to his chief critic and successor Barack Obama — and find the latter increasingly wanting as time goes by. Obama turned Bush’s misdemeanor deficits into felonious trillion-dollar annual shortfalls. He will pile up more debt than any other prior president.

Indeed, if reelected, Obama will borrow more than all previous administrations combined. Bush was tarred in 2004 for a “jobless recovery” when unemployment hovered near 6%. It is now almost 10% and Obama still harps about “jobs saved.” Scott McClellan may have been singularly inept; we are not so sure after Robert Gibbs. For every Brownie there is a worse Van Jones or Anita Dunn. For Katrina we have BP. Bush’s NASA did space; Obama’s seems to prefer Muslim outreach. Bush’s prescription drug benefit was an unfunded liability; ObamaCare is a trillion-dollar financial black-hole.

Obama’s lackluster record is improving Bush’s legacy every day.

2) Obama as Bush. Senator and then candidate Obama demagogued Bush on a variety of issues, which, as president, he simply flipped and endorsed. Remember Bush’s gulag at Guantanamo? Or how about the terror-producing Predators? Or the need for an immediate pull-out from Iraq? Or those terrible renditions and tribunals?

In case after case of national security, Obama dropped the cheap rhetorical one-upmanship, and, when invested with the responsibility of governance, simply adopted, or even trumped, the Bush protocols.

Candidate Obama claimed the surge failed and all combat troops should be out of Bush’s Iraq war by March 2008. President Obama now calls Iraq a “remarkable chapter” as his vice president claims it as one of the administration’s “greatest achievements.” In short, almost daily, Obama is following the Bush anti-terrorism policies — the irony made worse by petulance and ingratitude in not acknowledging his debt.

3) Bush Did It. It is a uniquely American trait to shun whining and petulance. Rugged individualism and can-do optimism used to be ingrained in our national character, and even in our 11th hour have not wholly disappeared. So the public is tiring of Obama’s Pavlovian blaming of Bush. After 20 months, it is time for the president to get a life and quit the “heads you lose/tails I win” attitude about presidential responsibility.

cont @

‘Bush … Come Back, Bush, Come Back’

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 10, 08:15:20:AM » Reply

I wish bush was in jail with dick cheney for war crimes, myself.  i don't give a shit what he thinks about some muslims building a community center on land they own two blocks from WTC...why does anybody care?  they are already using that building for muslim church services, so that can't be it....
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 10, 08:19:41:AM » Reply

You have to be an American to understand, you are a funken communist hodaddy.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 10, 08:26:41:AM » Reply

You would have to put Obama is prison for war crimes also, Hooty.  That is the point.... 
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 10, 08:30:51:AM » Reply

why would that be, bitch?  obama had nothing to do with bush invading iraq on lies and torturing prisoners in our custody and in secret prisons in other countries by secret renditioning.  why do you just make up shit to yell out?  are you really this fucking stupid?
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #5 on: 09 04, 10, 08:40:27:AM » Reply

The hell with war crimes, barry should be in jail for Crimes Against Liberty.....

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #6 on: 09 04, 10, 08:54:27:AM » Reply

crimes against liberty...what a dumbfuck.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 09 04, 10, 09:01:17:AM » Reply

In case after case of national security, Obama dropped the cheap rhetorical one-upmanship, and, when invested with the responsibility of governance, simply adopted, or even trumped, the Bush protocols.

Candidate Obama claimed the surge failed and all combat troops should be out of Bush’s Iraq war by March 2008. President Obama now calls Iraq a “remarkable chapter” as his vice president claims it as one of the administration’s “greatest achievements.” In short, almost daily, Obama is following the Bush anti-terrorism policies — the irony made worse by petulance and ingratitude in not acknowledging his debt.

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #8 on: 09 04, 10, 09:35:07:AM » Reply

no, he did not.  you are lying.  it is a great thing that all of our combat troops are finally out of this lying, senseless war, but it was not a great achievement, it is the only way to get them out of there. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 09 04, 10, 09:49:34:AM » Reply

And Obama had to do nothing but follow Bush's 2008 withdrawal agreement with Iraq...
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #10 on: 09 04, 10, 11:29:15:AM » Reply

And Obama had to do nothing but follow Bush's 2008 withdrawal agreement with Iraq...

which Obama advocated long before Bush finally agreed to it and that Bush swore he'd never sign but did because he had no other choice.

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 09 04, 10, 12:15:23:PM » Reply

which Obama advocated long before Bush finally agreed to it

Obama wasn't even in the picture with Bush's withdrawal plan.  Barry was still whining about the Surge at that point even when it was successful.

Barry had nothing to do with the SOFA agrement.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Bush Did It
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About