Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:13:56:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Alphabet at a glance 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3  Print
Author Topic: Alphabet at a glance  (Read 1359 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #24 on: 09 04, 10, 12:46:49:AM » Reply

Saying an actor cannot express his political feelings is like saying a plumber can't, or a hairdresser can't.

When did a plumber or a hairdresser have a platform and media coverage available to express his political feelings?   A bit of a difference there dontcha think?  The only exception that comes to mind is "Joe"!
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #25 on: 09 04, 10, 01:10:20:AM » Reply

Hate Crimes
"Since real and actual 'Hate Crimes' are so rare, the act of not agreeing with another is now considered a hate crime. Unless the target of the crime is white, male and straight."

Yeah, you see people plying that crapola right here on this board. 

BTW, I don't believe in the concepts of hate crimes or hate speech.  I think ALL violent crimes are hate crimes and color, sexual orientation nor other attributes of the victims make any similar crime more egregious than another.

And as for hate speech, all speech is speech -- unless it causes immediate harm or injury or does permanent damage to a person's livelihood -- there's scummy speech, and nasty speech, and pejorative speech, and angry speech, and invective, and vituperative speech, but again, color, sexual orientation nor other attributes of the targets of those negative types of speech make any similar speech more egregious than another.

Those concepts are against the overriding Constitutional promise of Free Speech and the Constitutional promise of Equal Protection Under the Law.

Hollywood
"The source of all evil in western civilization. Controlled either by Disney, feminists, liberals, and 'militant radical homosexual activists.' Hollywood is also a place where a conservative actor fears speaking out for fear of being ostracized. The first amendment has actually been repealed in Hollywood."

Ridiculous statement.

Honor
"Being Honest.

I learned my lesson 'I learned my lesson.'

Honor is more than just being honest.  Honor is steadfastness in upholding higher principles even at personal cost.

Jesus Christ
"The Son of GOD"

So it has been written, by inspired men.

Judicial Activism
"The attempt to thwart or rewrite the Constitution."

True when either side does it.  The biggest attempt with some success to thwart the Constitution was the badly misnamed Patriot Act.  BUT the BS laws like those for hate crimes and hate speech.  They are also attempts to thwart the Constitution and like the Patriot Act they managed to slip on through.

Judicial System
"Adhering to the Constitution."

Incorrect definition, though our Judicial System should adhere to the Constitution, that's not the definition.

Leech, welfare bum/queen
"Any person who is a Leech, welfare bum/queen."

Yes, true.  And all corporations which receive corporate welfare are the worst of the leeches.
julianne
Honored Member

Initial Impressions Matter

« Reply #26 on: 09 04, 10, 01:28:02:AM » Reply

Jim, as the daughter of a woman who was widowed when my brother was 6 years old and I was just a baby at the age of 2 , who were also the offsrping of a mother who lost her husband due to the callousness of the railroad barons, I deeply resent your "broad brush" of the feminist movement that enabled women to succeed against all of the odds.

Btw, my brother and I, as well as our mother and her sister were "Latch Key Kids" long before the term was initiated and we all went on to lead very successfful lives in spite of the stigma associated with women in the work place due to our very strong "American values" that were handed down by our Irish-American ancestry.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #27 on: 09 04, 10, 02:09:28:AM » Reply

My mother was widowed in 1959. She had to raise 6 children on her own. I was latchkey too, as was my 3 brothers and two sisters. Some mothers chose to make their children latchkey while others have that forced on them. I happen to know my mother would have preferred to stay home while my father worked. I assume yours would have too.

I also assume since you detest stroking of broad brushes that you're busy typing up a scathing response to Wally as I post this.

g'night

julianne
Honored Member

Initial Impressions Matter

« Reply #28 on: 09 04, 10, 03:15:34:AM » Reply

Jim, since I do not support "extreme" views on either side of the politcal spectrum, all I can say is God bless your mother for being a good parent and I hope that you have a good evening.
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #29 on: 09 04, 10, 05:53:17:AM » Reply

What a wast of time this is, trying to explain anything to a liberal, do you not know they are all Morons.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #30 on: 09 04, 10, 06:58:36:AM » Reply

blaming something on disney?  what a mickey mouse excuse for being a screwed up parent.  what crap.  and if kids today are so bad and have been since the 70's because of women wanting to be treated equally...why is the violent crime rate lower now than back then? 
Pages: 1 2 3  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Alphabet at a glance
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About