Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 03:23:24:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660720 Posts in 298615 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Alphabet at a glance 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Alphabet at a glance  (Read 1363 times)
justincase

« Reply #12 on: 09 04, 10, 12:03:41:AM » Reply

One "side" can't post anything but that the other side doesn't come back with their own version.  As has been said before, a house divided cannot stand.  The surest way to destroy a country is to ensure that the people fight amongst themselves. 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #13 on: 09 04, 10, 12:04:07:AM » Reply

If you or anyone else truly believes this, then I hope you aren't hypocritical by going to movies or watching them on TV. 

I do believe it, and every time I see Sean Penn my movie experience is interrupted with flashes of Hugo Chavez, and next time I see a John Cusak movie I will no longer see the character he is trying to portray, instead I will see a the lunacy of someone wanting to create a satanic death cult center for Fox.  My movie enjoyment has been robbed from me. Do you think I should remain silent?  They may have a right to their own opinion but they had no right to take this away from me.

What do you see when you see an actor on the Right?  Don't you think everything would have been better off if they ALL had just kept their opinions to themselves?  I happen to believe they have obligations to their fans that outweigh and overrule certain personal opinions they may hold.

Lysistrata
Honored Member

« Reply #14 on: 09 04, 10, 12:07:23:AM » Reply

It's hard to believe that there are still people walking around in the U.S. in 2010 who persistently cling to beliefs that have been proven false time and time again.  That's what is so amazing and entertaining about this board. 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 09 04, 10, 12:07:57:AM » Reply

Captain_Kook,  when I was 17 I actually caught my couch on fire lighting farts. It was funny as hell and nobody knew until months later when they turned the cusions back over.  :- )

justincase

« Reply #16 on: 09 04, 10, 12:08:01:AM » Reply

Your opinions are your own as are anyone elses.  You cannot stop another person from expressing their opinions, you can only control how you allow their opinions to affect you.  Stop trying to change other people and change yourself!  Saying an actor cannot express his political feelings is like saying a plumber can't, or a hairdresser can't.  ANYONE in the US can express their political opinions and if you can't accept that, then you can't accept the Constitution of the United States.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 09 04, 10, 12:09:53:AM » Reply

It's hard to believe that there are still people walking around in the U.S. in 2010 who persistently cling to beliefs that have been proven false time and time again.  That's what is so amazing and entertaining about this board. 

What, you don't believe in farts?

Lysistrata
Honored Member

« Reply #18 on: 09 04, 10, 12:11:52:AM » Reply

Farts are fine.  But assholes that spew ignorance don't get my respect. 
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 09 04, 10, 12:16:38:AM » Reply

Saying an actor cannot express his political feelings is like saying a plumber can't, or a hairdresser can't.

I never said they can't. I am saying there are repercussions when they do.  There used to be a time when we automatically said "sorry, I don't discuss politics or religion."  We did that because we all knew we had differences, and we valued friendship and camaraderie higher than we cared to argue our differences. Our beliefs were ours and ours alone. You had yours, I had mine, and we kept them separate from friendship.  I'm not arguing over anyones Right to opinion. I'm questioning the common sense of it.

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #20 on: 09 04, 10, 12:22:57:AM » Reply

Hey justin...I don't know what things are like in your household, but last time I checked...parenting was a two person gig...takes two to tango, all that jazz.

There are just as many men who work their asses off (my husband for one) and share the parenting duties as equally as possible...

I think that Jim's analogies on these topics are probably counters to what wralst posted about them earlier and are his opinion...doesn't mean we have to agree with them, but his opinions not necessarily bs either...
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 09 04, 10, 12:25:24:AM » Reply

Yes, it was a reply to what Wally posted earlier.

justincase

« Reply #22 on: 09 04, 10, 12:25:29:AM » Reply

In a perfect world, I would agree that parenting is a two person job, but this is not a perfect world.  Many, many women are raising children on their own due to divorce, death, or having a child while not being married. Many, many children grow up to be productive citizens after having been raised by one parent.  So, I have to disagree that parenting is a two-person job. 
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #23 on: 09 04, 10, 12:43:31:AM » Reply

Career
"The greatest deception ever perpetrated upon women by "radical feminists" and one of the primary causes for The Breakdown Of The Family.  While women have every right to pursue careers, they have throughout history always been the nurturer while men have always been the provider. There is nothing stopping women from changing that, but they do so at the risk of losing the special mother/child bonding as well as adding more latchkey children to mix.  Studies have shown that children with significant amounts of time with no adult supervision (often called latchkey children) demonstrate more delinquent and anti-social behavior than their supervised peers. "

So THAT's why Sarah Palin's teenaged daughter got pregnant by one of her mother's staffers.  Because Sarah was too busy with her career and distracted when her cutie staffer was boffing her daughter.

Criminal
"Someone who breaks the law."

I agree.

But how about the backwoods PD bastards who broke into our 2nd home and stole a bunch of precious irreplacable items along with a brand new computer and all the items in our safe which included all my babies artwork that I had saved since they were old enough to pick up a crayon and two books of poetry that my husband and I had written and a friend caligraphied for us.  Are they criminals?  Or doesn't it count because they are "LEOs?"

Criminal Rights
"The worse the criminal the more they will be defended by the far left."

BS or they'd have to be so far Left they met the "Right" coming the other way.  Look at Bush Cheney and Rove.  They're some of the biggest criminals of all time.

Cult
"Any religious organization that preaches, practices, or condones antisocial behavior or violence toward others.  While Islam is not considered a "cult" a great proportion of its followers do fall into the criteria.

Look at all the so-called Christian cults that exist and have existed. 

And it's NOT a "great proportion" of Muslims or Christians that fall into cult behavior.  It's just SOME of them."

Disney
"The main force behind teaching children to disrespect parents, that cartoons are real, that trees have feelings."

Oh, that's interesting since the Disney Company is held by Right-Wing "Conservatives."
Domestic Partner Benefits
"Same rights and benefits as married couples, given to any non-married couple that legally request it."

You know, we should all have civil unions through the government -- if we wish to be united with someone else for life -- or until somebody breaks the contract.  And that would include domestic partner benefits.  Then the gay marriage thing would no longer be a problem or wedge issue.

Domestic Violence
"A problem that affects Families from all cultures, and handled the same in all cultures."

NO, it's not the same in all cultures.  If there is violence done in American culture or many civilized cultures, the legal governmental authorities handle it.  They don't send the parties home to handle it themselves.

Feminist
"A term used by 'freed' women whose paranoia has driven them to believe that men are out to get them and want them all barefoot and pregnant."

Paranoia?!  No.  In the old days and in some cultures still even here in the US, male domination is the "law" -- in fact many use the Bible to back this -- which is of course selective use of passages.  Funny, I rarely ever use the term feminist, but I have no negative associations with the word.  I just think of people as people, some strong, some weak, some good, some bad, but just people without a need to stick a specific label on them.

Continued>>>>
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Alphabet at a glance
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats