Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 07:47:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661883 Posts in 298731 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Our conservation district held a plant sale... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Our conservation district held a plant sale...  (Read 265 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 02 10, 18, 02:23:39:PM » Reply

...it's annual pre-Spring sale and even though we didn't get there early enough to stock up on kinnickinick, which I use to hold the hillsides from erosion, I got at least 30 trees (they were in bundles of 3 and 5) and lots of wetland grasses to fill in along our new little "streams".  I did miss out on the oak trees as well, but I can pre-order next year.

And the best part is, I spent only about $100...if I had gone to the nursery, it would have cost me $500 minimum.  I couldn't convince anyone to help fund my projects though, LOL...still looking for that sugar daddy with a preservation and restoration grant that will allow me to retire and work full time on my dreams, LOL.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 02 10, 18, 04:05:03:PM » Reply

Wow...good for you!! I used to plant a new tree every earth day but I  have no room at this place for a single new tree.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 02 10, 18, 05:35:36:PM » Reply

JSYK takn, you work harder in retirement than when employed, lol.  Look forward to the pictures of your project.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 02 11, 18, 12:58:51:PM » Reply

I need more plants in the wetland and was given permission by the environmental scientist who does our assessments...so willows and grasses will help and it should be easy to plant them, you just have to poke a hole and pop them in...I did get some big leaf maples for my forest garden though, but I have one more swath to clean first...we'll see if I can get it partially done today...and that pile of gravel is calling me name too, LOL.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 02 11, 18, 02:52:22:PM » Reply

When it's all done I'll be first line when you start the tours.  Sounds like you have it all planned out.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 02 12, 18, 01:38:16:PM » Reply

I asked hubby if I could build a "little free library" and station it right next to the forest garden, but he said NO...LOL

I planted about 60 trees, shrubs, and grasses yesterday and I still have 6 big leaf maples, but it's only 27 degrees this morning, so that will have to wait a few days...I need to clear some more space for them, although a couple have areas ready to go. 

The best thing about Conservation District sales is the price.  You can get all native growers and they are so cheap, to encourage people to restore habitat.  I definitely need to pre-order next year because I missed out on the oak trees and columbines...
I want some of these little guys that we found while we were out camping...Thing2 took this picture.

* lilium columbian.JPG (1741.18 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 14 times.)
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 02 12, 18, 02:49:53:PM » Reply

It's all going to look so nice and the plant sale was a great opportunity.  We have snow predictions this week and the frost this morning was so heavy it made me shiver just to look at it.  No yard work for a while!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Our conservation district held a plant sale...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory