Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 07:05:58:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: When you get a spring day in the middle of winter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: When you get a spring day in the middle of winter  (Read 267 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 01 22, 18, 04:46:50:PM » Reply

You fix it!  I added the curvy blocks in the middle of the garden, made a birdbath stand  about 3 feet tall out of blocks. The little square blocks are temporary...getting rid of them soon. 

* IMG_7389.jpg (305.41 KB, 1068x818 - viewed 12 times.)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 01 22, 18, 10:03:01:PM » Reply

That looks really wonderful!
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 01 23, 18, 12:10:23:AM » Reply

I'm so impressed with what you do sunshine.  I remember all the creative gardens in your other house. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 01 23, 18, 05:34:41:AM » Reply

Thanks..if it was left up to me, I would have the whole back yard in a hardscape of some sorts but we have an HOA.....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 01 23, 18, 12:51:11:PM » Reply

22 trips up the steps and 22 trips down...all the spare blocks are sold and out of here...came inside to rest and I get a message someone wants the bird bath I was selling...so 2 more trips up and down and will be picked up later. I love craigslist! It's 70 degrees right now!!! It is so humid my garage floor is completely wet.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 01 23, 18, 01:16:57:PM » Reply

Oh no, that's not good.  Is the concrete still not cured completely?  I am told that can happen.

The rain has returned with a vengeance.  I need to go out and spread more mole deterrent (my two pronged approach seems to be working, but it's a process)...we toted another wheelbarrow full of dirt from the lawns to the gardens...these little turds are the most prolific diggers, but they are making a mess!
Our lame deer Eileen and her baby (as yet unnamed because she doesn't show much personality) and the tall doe, Betty Grable were back, so they got the last of the apples and pears.  Time to get to the store, maybe after work tonight...

We have a list of must do's for the summer about a mile long.  Trying to find the time is the issue.  Hubby is so frustrated with the whole contractor issue that he wants to tackle the entries by himself...a post here, a post there, it's going to take a long time.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 01 23, 18, 01:55:36:PM » Reply

We had a professional coating put on the floor....the type they do on showrooms and it is super shiny. I usually have to mop the floor after we drive in with rain. We had to do something because it was cracked and had oil stains from the old truck. No stains or cracks now but requires some mopping of the elements.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 01 24, 18, 05:00:18:AM » Reply

I think I know why it was so wet...it's like a window when it's cold and the humidity and  heat is on it, it steams up. It never happened at all last summer and it gets 100% humid here sometimes. The floor was still cold and the air was very warm.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: When you get a spring day in the middle of winter
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory