Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:06:41:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Facing Trump’s threats, why in God’s name would NK disarm? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Facing Trump’s threats, why in God’s name would NK disarm?  (Read 67 times)
wvit1001

« on: 09 24, 17, 11:16:21:AM » Reply

Trump’s speech to the United Nations General Assembly this past week did not put worried minds at ease.

What began as a factually sketchy boast about his own domestic accomplishments quickly devolved into the moment an American president stood up at the UN — a forum dedicated to dialogue and diplomacy — and threatened to wipe another nation off the map.

There’s been a lot of discussion about the North Korea threat in recent months, but Trump’s speech should prompt an uncomfortable question: Why would a nation like North Korea agree, voluntarily, to make itself defenseless against the United States?

North Korea is clearly a brutal and repressive regime, forcing its citizens to live in a society closed off to the rest of the world. Unfortunately there’s no good or easy way to change that. It is also a highly militarized regime and not one likely to back down easily.

From Pyongyang’s perspective, North Korea needs a nuclear deterrent to ward off potential attacks from the U.S. — and when Trump stands at the UN podium and threatens to “totally destroy” the entire country, Kim Jong-un can only feel vindicated in this regard.

Trump seems to see the issue in simplified terms: Do what we say and denuclearize or we’ll destroy you. He told world leaders that “denuclearization is [North Korea’s] only acceptable future.”

Kim likely sees it very differently: If we are stupid enough to disarm, it will be easier for you to invade and destroy my regime, so why would I be so foolish? As long as he can threaten the U.S. with nukes, Kim feels relatively safe as the supreme leader of the hermit kingdom.

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/24/facing-trumps-threats-why-in-gods-name-would-north-korea-disarm/
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 09 24, 17, 11:20:56:AM » Reply

Trump warns Kim Jong-un 'won't be around much longer'

Trump's latest provocative Twitter comment came as a major anti-America rally was held in Pyongyang.

Late on Saturday night, Mr Trump wrote:

Donald J. Trump
✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!

11:08 PM - Sep 23, 2017

In an unprecedented statement on Friday, Mr Kim described Mr Trump as a "mentally deranged dotard" whom he would tame with fire.

He said North Korea would consider the "highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history" against the United States and that Mr Trump's comments had confirmed his nuclear programme was "the correct path".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/24/donald-trump-warns-kim-jong-un-wont-around-much-longer/
caserio1

« Reply #2 on: 09 24, 17, 11:28:56:AM » Reply

we admire a man who fights for his country unless he's north korean

remember how the north vietnamese kicked the shit out of us defending their country

talking tough was mussolini's stock in trade never active fighting though

(remind you of someone?)
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 09 24, 17, 06:42:10:PM » Reply

remember how the north vietnamese kicked the shit out of us defending their country

Yep, all because LBJ lied.

talking tough was mussolini's stock in trade never active fighting though

(remind you of someone?)

You.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #4 on: 09 24, 17, 07:15:45:PM » Reply

Facing North Korea's threats, why in God's name would America surrender?
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 09 24, 17, 07:19:11:PM » Reply

Who would surrender America to North Korea?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #6 on: 09 24, 17, 07:21:15:PM » Reply

That is what you are demanding we do!

In letting North Korea become a nuclear power who threatens their neighbors you are demanding we surrender!
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 09 24, 17, 07:24:50:PM » Reply

North Korea has about as many allies in America as North Vietnam did must be something about communism that draws the left to the communist side maybe wvit or davik62 can explain why they support communism.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #8 on: 09 25, 17, 02:48:35:AM » Reply

Thought you had me on ignore, BM!

Why would you include a comment about someone on ignore?

A true Diplomat would stop the petty insults on Twitter and talk to China.
Frump said solving the ME Peace Crisis would be a snap, so why not send Jared?
If the 1000 yr old conflict in ME is so easy, then this should be piece of cake.
Yet it doesn't seem that way.  Frump is floundering and getting restless...
EVERYONE thinks we could be at war with M Korea in second now.

I dare say Hillary would NEVER have let it get this bad, but elections have consequences.
D2D

« Reply #9 on: 09 25, 17, 02:55:39:AM » Reply

Davik continues to post like an ignorant child!

He also thinks all diplomacy involves servile appeasement!
KensanIV

« Reply #10 on: 09 25, 17, 03:17:42:AM » Reply

If Obama had pulled his head out of his ass, Trump would not be dealing with these problems....  Same with Iran.  You cannot stop kooks and nuts by being nice to them.

Assuming China & Russia would help with the Trump idea and truly allow (NO) financial help or supplies to N. Korea in a period of time (possibly less than a year) there will be a coup and Kim will be a name from the past.

Yes I am aware that there have been boycotts and sanctions against N Korea for years..What Trump has designed... will cause a government over- throw. 

We must not allow this sort of kook to have nukes and threaten the world.  And it looks as if Trump has to be the designated bad-ass.

Of course there is a military option.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #11 on: 09 25, 17, 08:04:54:AM » Reply

LOL WHAT has Frump done to make the NK Situation ANY Better?
So far Frump has just twittered his way to make everything worse!
What has Frump done to make the situation ANY better?  Answer that one.

At this point there is nothing left but war.
Short of China just "stepping in" to de-escalate NK, there is nothing left but war.
Frump has done a GREAT job ensuring that we will go to war.
I guess Frump knows "Military Diplomacy" and that is all.
Frump carries a big stick, and that is all.
Frump will use up our brave men & women, because THAT is all he knows.

So sad, that he has no diplomacy skills at all, and will get us in an
avoidable war.  And ALL that blood will be on Frump's hands, AND
the hand of EVERY Idiot that voted for him.

Hillary MIGHT have prevented this, but we will never know...
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Facing Trump’s threats, why in God’s name would NK disarm?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory