Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:43:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stevie Wonder takes both knees 'for America' after Trump NFL remarks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Stevie Wonder takes both knees 'for America' after Trump NFL remarks  (Read 42 times)
wvit1001

« on: 09 24, 17, 11:00:54:AM » Reply

Legendary musician Stevie Wonder took both knees at a New York music festival, seemingly showing solidarity with NFL players criticized by President Donald Trump hours earlier.

"Tonight, I'm taking a knee for America; but not just one knee, I'm taking both knees," he said on stage Saturday before his performance at the Global Citizens Festival.

"Both knees in prayer for our planet, our future, our leaders of the world and our globe. Amen ..."

During the event, Wonder also spoke about interrupting hate, bigotry and condemning sexism.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 09 24, 17, 12:31:01:PM » Reply

is stevie wonder supposed to be someone of importance wvit?

He's also free to leave America like you are!
seahooker

« Reply #2 on: 09 24, 17, 12:57:40:PM » Reply

he is so old he probably had no choice or he was striving for publicity for forgotten singer!
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #3 on: 09 24, 17, 12:59:12:PM » Reply

Celebrities live in a alt universe partly because they deceive others for a living

No one of any import cares what these overpaid baby child's have to say about anything but their own art

Keep making yourself s irrelevant lefties
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #4 on: 09 24, 17, 01:19:28:PM » Reply

"Both knees in prayer for our planet, our future, our leaders of the world and our globe. Amen ..."

Air Force football players kneeling in prayer are branded a 'putrid' example of 'Christian supremacy' that could provoke ISIS [/HIGHLIGHT][/COLOR]

[/HIGHLIGHT][/COLOR][/HIGHLIGHT][/COLOR]
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 09 24, 17, 01:23:08:PM » Reply

A former U.S. Air Force officer has branded the ritual of military football players kneeling in prayer a ‘putrid’ example of ‘Christian supremacy’ and demanded it must stop.

Michael Weinstein, president and founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), insisted the public prayers so often seen on the football pitch before games are ‘a scandalous outrage’.

He said Air Force Academy football players had approached the MRFF claiming they were forced into joining the prayers, for fear of punishment.

‘It’s a disgrace,’ said Mr Weinstein, who graduated from the Academy in 1977.

‘It’s a putrid example of fundamentalist Christian supremacy, triumphalism and exceptionalism and it has to stop.

‘Those individuals that are dressed in the Air Force uniform; that’s their uniform of the day. They’re members of the military and they are under different rules that the civilian counterparts they’re playing on the field.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3349334/Air-Force-football-players-kneeling-prayer-branded-putrid-example-Christian-supremacy-provoke-ISIS.html#ixzz4tcNX9is2
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 09 24, 17, 01:23:44:PM » Reply

you don't even read the stuff you post do you local.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #7 on: 09 24, 17, 01:25:01:PM » Reply

Once in awhile one gets by me. 
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 09 24, 17, 01:27:44:PM » Reply

how does one get by you?  do you not even read them?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 09 24, 17, 03:26:41:PM » Reply

Stevie Wonder is an idiot.  He is totally blind to reality.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #10 on: 09 24, 17, 04:11:16:PM » Reply

oh anchoragedan is trying to be cute with his bigoted comment regarding the highly respected Stevie Wonder.

anchoragedan regularly disrespects the heart-felt expressions of other citizens - particularly the disabled.

In 2009, Wonder was named a United Nations Messenger of Peace

He has recorded more than 30 U.S. top ten hits and received 25 Grammy Awards, one of the most-awarded male solo artists, and has sold over 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the top 60 best-selling music artists.

Clearly, Stevie Wonder is a far more successful American citizen and human being than the evil anchoragedan.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #11 on: 09 24, 17, 04:23:30:PM » Reply

Jw shows he doesn't know what 'bigoted' means.  He and Stevie Wonder are still idiots.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Stevie Wonder takes both knees 'for America' after Trump NFL remarks
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory