Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:03:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653433 Posts in 297921 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Another big fire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Another big fire  (Read 265 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 09 03, 17, 02:19:43:PM » Reply

This time in Los Angeles County and saw the news last night where it was burning either side of the 210 freeway.  Supposed to be huge and in La Tuna Canyon and Sun Valley.  Hope Pacifica is ok as I still haven't figured out how close she is to it.  I am praying the fires won't start up again in the hills directly behind our daughter's house, like they did when they had to be evacuated years ago.  It's always a fear down there.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/02/us/los-angeles-wildfire/index.html
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 09 03, 17, 08:06:20:PM » Reply

I wish it would rain, Emily!! Well rain without the lightning! Too bad for these latest fires. Yes, no events please!out East near your daughters. I need to check the news if Burbank area will get some much needed showers. La Tuna Caynon... Burbank...so close but so far. Meaning in the Mt's West of here in the San Fernando Valley area.

All well here where i am in San Gabriel Valley and am a good few miles south of the 210, South East of San Marino. Nice view of Mt Wilson in these foothill communities here and am glad i'm not in what is considered a fire zone. But with fire or any natural disaster mother nature rules.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 17, 12:51:02:AM » Reply

We are praying for rain here too Pacifica.  You are probably getting the bad air where you are.  Our grandson lives in Glendora and works for the City of Pasadena.  We were there last Sunday and then had dinner in a really nice pub in La Verne.  I didn't realize what a cute town it is.  I'm glad you are not near the fire area.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 17, 10:57:24:AM » Reply

Morning update/googled

Posted 1 hour ago

Morning Update: All evacuations in Burbank have been lifted + Road closure updates
Good morning,
Overnight, the weather cooperated and we received some rain. It appears, at least for now, that the fire in the Burbank hillside has laid down significantly. We no longer have ANY evacuation orders in place in the City of Burbank.
Let's take a look at the latest:
>> No current evacuation orders in place.
>> Country Club Drive has been re-opened.
>> Road closures remain in place for the following, with the exception of residents with identification and members of the media:
Bel Aire / Vista Ridge
Brace Canyon / Rolling Ridge
Sunset Canyon / Walnut
Sunset Canyon / Harvard Rd
Haven Way / Rolling Ridge
Lamer St. / Wedgewood Dr
>> Burbank Police are still operating on a Department-wide, staggered 12.5 hours on/12.5 hours off schedule. Day watch has been deployed as of 5:30 A.M.
Things are looking much better. Take care.
###
Sergeant Derek Green, Press Information Officer
[/Recommended actions
Monitor public information and listen for directions from police officers and emergency service personnel.
Evacuations Lifted, Firefighters Make Progress On Largest Wildfire in Los Angeles History[COLOR=#NaN0000]The Weather Channel · 4 hours ago[/COLOR]At least 700 homes in Los Angeles, Burbank and Glendale were evacuated as the so called La Tuna Canyon wildfirethreatened structures in the Sunland-Tujunga area of northern Los Angeles.[/list]
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 17, 11:05:24:AM » Reply

Sending good thoughts and wishes and prayers out west.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #5 on: 09 04, 17, 11:06:58:AM » Reply

Best wishes are Sunshine wishes!!!

Emily i hope you get rain up there soon and things back to normal. Being around smoke and ash is the pitts so i know you're making the best of it in your cooled home i'm sure! Read you were thinking of taking a motor home trip but you might have cancelled due to the conditions.

Lucked out here so far this time with the breeze direction so didn't get hit with the smoke and ash as we so often do.

Didn't realize you also have family in Glendora! And works in Pasadena... you lunched in La Verne, etc. What a small world it is. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 09 04, 17, 03:19:59:PM » Reply

Best wishes are Sunshine wishes!!!
``````````````````````
Pacifica...I may be in need of those wishes if Irma decides to visit next week.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #7 on: 09 04, 17, 05:53:06:PM » Reply

I R M A.  . o my goodness!!! What is she up to , that's riiight!!! Between all the heat, fires and floods

I hope she has been behaving herself....!! :  |

Gearing up for sunny wishes your way and in hopes won't be needed only for extra beams on your flower beds.

Will check the weather reports.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 09 05, 17, 01:43:31:AM » Reply

Had to stay in all day as the fires are still burning up in the canyon and the air is so bad.  We have to go through the pass there if we decide to go to the Bend area next week.  We might just go to the coast instead but we have a membership park that we like to go to near Sun River.  We are undecided at the moment.  The big fire now is in the Columbia River Gorge and they have closed I-84 after Troutdale.  Such a beautiful area and some idiot let off a firework and now the fire it started is out of control.

Pacifica - we had the best fish and chips in Lordsburg Taphouse & Grill in La Verne - thoroughly recommend it.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #9 on: 09 05, 17, 03:16:20:AM » Reply

Emily, just went to Yelp and hit the menu photos!!! Lord have mercy, that looks good! The food, the drinks, everything. Thanks for the recommend my dear lol!! I am so ready to at least take out at H Salt within a day or two now
which coink we've been thinking about. Haven't had fish n chips in a long time. Lordsburg i'm thinking would be better!! Speaking of long time --it's been since i've been out that way.

End of week the extensions tax season starts back up which means yuuge commutes...so am gearing up for that. But my boss is the sweetest lady and lets me work my own hours so i try to leave hours before dawn my favorite routes, beat the traffic, well sort of in a 24 hr metropolitan area ( i remember like you do Emily the days we could take the uncrowded freeways and streets with a lot more ease ). I usually get to work when still dark, a 24 hr building w/ security.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Another big fire
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory