Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:29:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Southern California highways 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Southern California highways  (Read 262 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 08 28, 17, 08:49:46:PM » Reply

I like to travel with my eyes shut and wish I could borrow someone's crash helmet.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 08 28, 17, 09:54:36:PM » Reply

Oh Emily!!! Lol No not funny!! Big difference from your quaint lovely Willamette Valley eh?
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 08 28, 17, 11:54:27:PM » Reply

Yes Pacifica it always shocks me when I come back.  Yesterday afternoon the 210 seized up on the way to Glendora.  We were finally able to get off after inching forward inch by inch for 30 minutes.  Must have been quite an accident.  It's also 106 degrees here today but hubby says it's 103 in our town in the Willamette Valley and there's smoke everywhere from the fires.  I fly home Wednesday.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 08 29, 17, 12:51:11:AM » Reply

Emily, I wondered if you were talking about the 210...or any would apply! Think it hit 102 here, 104 next town over according to weather app, (not so sure how accurate)...less than forcasted but hotter tomorrow and throughout week. So sorry about the heat and fire smoke in Oregon!

Even though more stop lights, usually when headed to another foothill community here, i'd probably take Foothill Blvd/Rt 66 or Arrow Hwy, etc. But lots of traffic everywhere regardless!
Freeways at a crawl is one thing but when it opens up the crazies go crazy, speeding and whipping through lanes....then more gridlock and repeat.

As i've posted i try to take side routes when i can/have time but many people do too, lol so what can you do.
My Dad having a day surgery in morning so i will be driving him before dawn. Hope you have a seemless flight on Wed and know your Hannah will be waiting at window!!! : ' ]
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 08 29, 17, 05:41:17:AM » Reply

It's like that here emily. I will not drive on i95 in DC area...no way...ever. I only go if hubby is driving. My NY friends moved from NY to FL last couple weeks ago. It took them all day to go a 4 hour trip. Some of that was because of the solar eclipse. It was so bad they booked the rest of the way on the Auto Train.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 08 29, 17, 08:16:25:AM » Reply

They do drive, fast in the slow lane in Southern California... I remember ...

I think  Phoenix Arizona was the worst for me driving cross-country...

one thing Memphis Tennessee taught me wear your seatbelt because they play bumper cars all the time

one good thing about Hellsville is that there are few cars on the highway ...

Hardly

you can drive in Hellsville for 5-10 minutes on a highway and not have a car drive near  you

Memphis Tennessee is a different world.

Wear your seat belts....road rage.  I felt that...

2 places I wish never to drive...
LA freeway and the whole state of TX..

Lessons taught...lesson learned...
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 08 29, 17, 01:17:59:PM » Reply

I will never get used to the traffic here after moving to Oregon and a small town.  I know without a doubt I would never drive here again, even though I drove all the freeways before, it just seems so much worse.  My daughter recently got a new car and wanted a stick shift.  Crazy!  She drives like her father and keeps reminding me that there are no brakes on the passenger side.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 08 29, 17, 01:38:55:PM » Reply

Out here, when there are no accidents, they will run you over when you are already at 85.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Southern California highways
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory