Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 11:25:40:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653720 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Chaos is coming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Chaos is coming  (Read 82 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 07 25, 17, 11:26:58:PM » Reply

We are in the path of totality and every hotel room, parking lot, spare ground, etc. is already spoken for.  One of our neighbors commented that we had better all stock up on supplies at least a week beforehand because getting to the store will be difficult and the deliveries may not be able to get through as all the roads are going to be clogged.

People are renting out their spare rooms for a fortune - that could be a bit risky!

"Whoever scheduled the solar eclipse for Aug. 21 should be fired.

That’s the joke, at least, among land managers bracing for the tidal wave of humanity expected to descend on the nation’s public lands for the once-in-a-lifetime event.

Millions of visitors are projected to swarm the forests and mountains in states within the eclipse path of totality, at the same time wildfire danger and summer tourism is reaching its apex.

“It literally could not be happening at a worse time,” said Jean Nelson-Dean, public information officer for Deschutes National Forest in Oregon, the first state that will get eclipse views.

“It’s the peak of fire season. Our emergency responders are going to be spread thin. And the forest is going to be filled with a lot of people who don’t camp very often and might have little experience with the outdoors,” Nelson-Dean said.

The nightmare scenario is a wildfire breaking out while roads are clogged with cars and campgrounds filled with people.

But there's also concern about thousands of people fighting for just a few open campsites, along with flip-flop wearing hikers attempting to climb dangerous mountains.

“The thing we’re worried about is people waking up the morning of the eclipse, heading out and expecting to find a campsite or beautiful place to view it,” said Cody Norris, public information officer for Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri.

“Don’t show up at the last minute," Norris said. "And once you’re here, be prepared to get stuck somewhere for a long time.”

Cont’d

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2017/07/20/eclipse-could-bring-chaos-oregons-forests-and-mountains/486534001/
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 07 25, 17, 11:40:18:PM » Reply

Actually, there is only one spot in the U.S that will receive an "Actual" FULL Total eclipse, due to the distance between the Moon and Earth and Sun. . The rest of us will only get a partial eclipse.

I believe that spot will be somewhere around Decatur Tennessee. Or thereabouts.  There is a video about it somewhere where this "Eclipse Chaser" created an algorithm which shows him the exact "Deadspot."  And that Deadspot is only a few meters wide. Anywhere outside that small circle and you will see a peeking of Sun. Only that one deadspot will be total black.

And the actual Eclipse will only last a few seconds before the sun starts peeking out the other side.  Its not going to as grand as everyone is making it out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc7MfcKF1-s
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 07 26, 17, 10:29:53:AM » Reply

It's insane, all the people that are predicted to come here.  They are opening up the beaches to cars and campers on Lincon City where they predict 55,000 visitors in a town of approx. 7,000.  Can you imagine the litter when they leave!
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 07 26, 17, 10:38:20:AM » Reply

Just saw the forecast for August 21.  Overcast!
omiaqt
Blacks will not truly be free from the bondage of slavery, until they free themselves from the Democrat Party!

Democrats are anti-Make America Great Again

« Reply #4 on: 07 26, 17, 10:49:09:AM » Reply

Did Al Gore Jr. make that weather prediction?
caserio1

« Reply #5 on: 07 26, 17, 10:54:18:AM » Reply

the right wing is shot through with cassandras

such a negative miserable life style

is there anything positive in yer existance ??
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 26, 17, 01:41:40:PM » Reply

Miserable and uncalled for comment, Caserio.
caserio1

« Reply #7 on: 07 26, 17, 01:44:07:PM » Reply

mebbe so

but it is accurate
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #8 on: 07 26, 17, 01:53:11:PM » Reply

When one wears negative glasses one sees like asserio

everything in a negative light!

Another accurate accessment of the morally bankrupt left !
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #9 on: 07 26, 17, 02:06:26:PM » Reply

We'll get about 80 percent here in NE Ohio. That's good enough for me. I'm not going wacko and driving hundreds of miles for a few seconds
    more than 80 percent.

Cool USPS Stamp to commemorate the Eclipse:

Heat of your finger changes eclipse to view of Moon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eclipse-stamp_us_5906daf4e4b0bb2d086f7d53

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/160511174201622115/
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #10 on: 07 26, 17, 02:12:12:PM » Reply

I'm not sure what we will see here in the Mid Ohio Valley.  I guess we'll see. Our weather has been so changeable as of late (we had golf-ball sized hail on Saturday night, I kid you not), so we might not even be able to see anything if we get a lot of cloud cover that day.  One day it's nice, the next day it's horribly hot and humid, and the day after that, we're under a severe thunderstorm and flash flood watch.  Don't like the weather?  Give it an hour or so; it's going to change.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #11 on: 07 26, 17, 04:00:21:PM » Reply

I agree that you and the family need to be prepared...because it will be chaos and you'll have people just randomly show up on your doorstep or take up a spot in front of your house.  I would also suggest calling the local police or sheriff's office and ask if they have a crowd control plan or what you can expect or do in case you have someone squat in your area.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Chaos is coming
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About