Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 12:20:16:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662334 Posts in 298767 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I need a vacation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I need a vacation  (Read 315 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 07 04, 17, 11:03:48:PM » Reply

...from vacation.
Two weekends in a row, we've had guests...no chance to do any weeding, blackberry cutting, wetlands work...and it's been hotter than Hades, so the plants are suffering from lack of enough watering... tomorrow we have to go back to work, so it will be at least 3 more days till I can do anything...
I'm pooped...
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 07 04, 17, 11:39:41:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z_rq7Z18_mg&amp;sns=em" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/z_rq7Z18_mg&amp;sns=em</a>

Hope this comes through. On my mobile now. Just saw a Statue of Liberty special on PBS and they ended with this gorgeous song with Lady Liberty footage i wish i could have found on youtube. To soothe you Takn. I know what you mean, sometimes we need a vacation from a vacation or a staycation.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #2 on: 07 04, 17, 11:48:32:PM » Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_rq7Z18_mg&sns=em
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 07 05, 17, 05:35:40:AM » Reply

It does feel like Hades....oh man it was hot yesterday.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 07 05, 17, 10:58:24:AM » Reply

It was blistering here.  The house was rocked with bombs bursting in air until midnight when it finally stopped.  Hannah was frantic and I finally had to give her the doggie medicine Acepromazine and it knocked her out.

Takn, when we had the beach house the grandkids spent their entire summer holidays with us.  I was comatose when they went home!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 07 05, 17, 12:18:36:PM » Reply

I guess my new home is  close to a big display....it was loud and  lasted a long time.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 05, 17, 01:23:04:PM » Reply

We all tried to get to bed early, even out here in the sticks, the volleys of fireworks went on for hours.  The kids were up at 4 am to get off to the airport.  Still haven't heard if everything went okay.  The little guy was not too happy about the early wake up call, but I sent him off with lots of hugs and a warm sippy of milk and some oatmeal for the road...

Got a call that my mother-in-law is in very bad shape so trying to figure out how I can get flights to New Mexico...

Things could be worse, but right now, I'm just overly pooped and it all seems rather overwhelming.  And then, there's work...ugh...

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #7 on: 07 05, 17, 01:34:51:PM » Reply

Oh so sorry about your mother in law, sometimes things come up so quickly!! Life is fragile and precious.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #8 on: 07 05, 17, 01:48:37:PM » Reply

Sorry to hear about that takn.  It also makes me realize how difficult life can be when we're so far away from immediate relatives.  Sometimes the airlines make concessions for medical emergencies, have you tried contacting them.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 07 06, 17, 03:21:04:PM » Reply

Gotta talk to my union rep again today...going to see if I can use my bereavement leave at any time.  I would rather do hold Mom's hand and read her Bible passages now, then attend a funeral later. 

I spoke with her this morning and she is in a very weakened state.  Even cancelled her latest dr appointment because she didn't feel strong enough to make the 50 mile trip.  Her daughter is trying to make arrangements in hospice care so she can have a nurse with her at all times; I would like to see her moved to Albuquerque where she can be in a decent hospital, not the little tiny one off the dirt road in the middle of freakin' nowhere...
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I need a vacation
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory