Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 01:47:06:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661970 Posts in 298746 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Not paying 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Not paying  (Read 337 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 14, 17, 10:21:57:AM » Reply

bills on line cause of the zeus trojan... I tell you the world is changing....

got to find out where to pay in person....I tell you
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 06 14, 17, 10:53:07:PM » Reply

got the trojan on the laptop now....

wtf...

called spectrum... and I know they know its a scam so why haven't they done something to stop it....

told them if it continues... I'm gone...seems to me with all the tech stuff they can stop trojan without folks losing their money to scammers...

oh...don't happen on tablets or cellphones... go figure....

don't want to spend another minute trying to figure it out...

had the receipt for the computer but lost it in a snap moment... now I've got to hunt it down... it somewhere close...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 06 14, 17, 11:10:19:PM » Reply

There was something to be said for just putting a check in the mail but you never know how safe that is any more.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 06 15, 17, 05:09:48:AM » Reply

Even the snail mail is not reliable anymore. Not to mention, they can't drive. LOL My mail person almost hit me while I was taking a walk...so close I felt the hair on my arm rise.  It took almost 3 weeks to get a birthday card to my sis 6 hours away.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 06 15, 17, 08:46:21:AM » Reply

well I found the receipt... going to take it back...looked at the downloads on the laptop and got rid of them... don't know what to do... except take the money I get for the returned computer and take the other one to the computer shop and maybe the others month to month...by the end of the year... I should have a lot of working computers that need updating.... or I could invest in a really good tablet or good smartphone...

undecided.... first thing first...

and still waiting on the van title...

why can't things just do right....and be on time when that happens....

tired.....

update on the mental folks around here... nothings changed... but I have.... I really have....

still in the planning stages for memphis... but not investing a lot... just want to finish and decide what to do afterwards...

I'd like to stay in Memphis but in a different type of location.... like where you have no neighbors ever...

all I would need is a riding lawnmower or 2...lol
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 15, 17, 10:48:37:AM » Reply

Lol sun, I sent a birthday card to my God daughter as she was visiting her Mum in California.  I mailed it a week in advance of her birthday and it only just arrived and she left for New York the day before.  Now her Mum is going to mail it to N.Y. and she should get it by Christmas!!!  I think the USPS has gone back to the wagon train!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 06 15, 17, 11:15:18:AM » Reply

It's getting so you can't trust anyone or anything these days.

If the virus has infected both your laptop and desktop, did you call your internet provider?  Or, are you using the same software and how are you downloading it?  Using a disc, or online?  There are a lot of questions that make it difficult to understand how two separate devices ended up with the same virus.  BTW, if it's coming via your internet service provider, then you seriously need to contact your state attorney general and the BBB.  Not only is it likely a violation of FCC regs to ignore known hacking or malware attacks, but in most instances, it is required they provide free credit monitoring and reimburse you for any costs associated with repair and removal of viruses. 
We've never had any virus issues with any computer we've purchased from Walmart.  The only time we ever ended up with a takeover virus (Win7), was via an online download my son did, through one of his online gaming sites. 
We never open any spam emails we don't recognize.  Never open any email links that appear to be from friends.
You can scroll your mouse over any email address and see if it's legit or not.

BTW, your local utilities should have drop boxes or stations at their facilities where you can make payments in person.  You can send them via the US snail mail, or go to your library and use a secure computer.

Good luck.  Sounds like you have another plateful. 
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 06 15, 17, 04:10:09:PM » Reply

it does put you in a different state of mind...

I did call the ISP and talked till I got tired of listening cause if you can't do nothing.... what's the point....

I tried to take it back to walmart... 15 day refund on computers... not 30 like I thought....dragged the freaking thing back to the house...

hp contacted me and they will send FED EX to pick it up and fix it... wondering will they take the other mess I got from them from Walmart...

lesson... not spending over 2.00 from Walmart at one time ever.... I mean that... everytime I spend over 100.00 on their products... I have to return them... unbrella,,, turkey fryer... the list is stupid... I say no more....

one of the telephones I've had for a long time decided it didn't want to work... so Target got the deal... funny how folks don't sell land lines anymore....

needed one to monitor caller ID and speakphone that I can hear... the others well you can't hear them and the screen is just too small to read... blame that on aging....

Anyway.... this laptop is working ok... just limited to what you can do but to have to watch every move you make is something to think about...

going tomorrow to pay the electric and gas bill... for some reason here they don't have utilities companies that do that anymore... you have to to to the grocery store to pay and they charge you 1.50 for each transaction... so my cheap ass is going to pay enough for 2 months to save 3.00...that's what I do....

I may get the computer back in a couple of weeks... setting it up and taking it down... goodness...

still waiting on the title to the van... but it's not a priority right now.... it's just I don't take bigum to the park in the other car... he's just too hair... and it would take a lot to clean it out and he's a terrorist when he get excited and starts tearing stuff up... seats, etc....

but he is a gentle giant.... don't want the top of the convertible to  be damageed like I know he knows how....

the van... well... it's cheap and who cares...

all one can do is inhale and exhale when living in hellsville....

but if I can get a tranqulizer... I'd take it...I would...lol

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 06 15, 17, 06:13:50:PM » Reply

just talked to HP and they can't help me with the trojan...says it's a virus and its not the product....

wanted to sale me a monthly service of some sort...

taking it to a computer repair shop and reporting to BBB

too pissed to focus...

talking to the manager at walmart
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 06 15, 17, 06:29:22:PM » Reply

It all sounds like a nightmare luv!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 06 15, 17, 08:19:54:PM » Reply

if I was computer smart it would be understandable...

all I know is I bought a computer from Walmart.... HP did research afterwards and found out the company is divided into 2 entities... it's not the HP of yesterday... it's a horror story.....

wikipedia...

anyway... I'm stuck with another bad computer...wasted money and time... stress like you just don't know... pissed cause...how would you feel???

paying an ISP bundle when all I need is the freaking cellphone with the internet that comes along with it... but I do need the telephone service and cable...together without the internet would cost more...

I will never shop at Walmart again... for nothing that cost over 2.00 and the includes the tax...
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 06 15, 17, 08:26:01:PM » Reply

this is not the first time I got suckered by Walmart... it's the 2nd computer... should have gotten a refurbished from Amazon...

all the crap I spent for the use of a PC... like printers, fax, ink, paper, magic jack... surveillance... the list is stupid.... and now they want me to take a new computer to a computer repair shop... whew!

I'll remain calm until I talk to the manager at Walmart in the morning.... not really their fault... but they had to know... they had to know...and that's why they had a 15 day return policy... never heard of such a thing....
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Not paying
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About