Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 05:23:50:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662689 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: so close 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: so close  (Read 148 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 12, 17, 09:26:55:AM » Reply

to returning the damn computer... looking at the receipt right now...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 06 12, 17, 11:27:44:AM » Reply

Where did you buy it?  What kind is it?  Is it new or a refurb?

Most computers come preloaded with all necessary software.  Anything extra included in the box is generally sponsored and usually not necessary for operation.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 06 12, 17, 05:58:57:PM » Reply

I hate it when technology won't work.  Hope you get it sorted out.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 06 12, 17, 09:45:45:PM » Reply

thank goodness I keep back ups... tablets, laptop, cellphones... etc.... on laptop now... will check to see if the tablets work...I'm so ready to take it back... that zeus virus is a killer...

and me not knowing a damn thing about computers... well... the new one I have the receipt for is going back to Walmart purchased it on May 26 and it's not even a month old.... it's a Windows 10 HP....

tired... so tired...

still waiting on the title to the van so I can get it registered... want that out the way too...

it's so hot.... and I can't seem to get enough down...outdoors...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 06 13, 17, 03:51:07:AM » Reply

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-windows-detected-zeus-virus-popups/

Not likely the virus came with the computer or any of the software included.  So taking it back to Walmart might not yield the result you want.  They are not responsible for your downloads.

How Does the Zeus Virus Infect a Computer?
The Zeus Trojan infects computers in one of two ways: infected email attachments, and infected computer downloads. Particularly nasty with the Zeus Trojan is that deployments of the malware infect otherwise legitimate sites as one means of delivery to targeted computers. Links to infected downloads may be distributed through fake Facebook profiles and pages, which is how many Facebook users were infected.

When a computer is initially infected, the Trojan will create a folder in, “%windir%\system32\wsnpowem” where it will save “audio.dll” and “video.dll.” These files are then used to save information stolen from the computer under attack as well as the the configuration file that is downloaded after infection. The folder will then be hidden by the Trojan after creation. Next, the virus will copy itself to “ %windir%\system32\ntos.exe” and in certain modifications of the virus will rename itself to “oembios.exe” in the same location. After this step, the virus will check the running processes on the computer for active computer firewalls. If there are none, it will then conduct registry modifications in order to run the malware on computer start-up and continue to spread throughout the computer.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 06 13, 17, 06:43:05:AM » Reply

I'm taking it back today.... got the receipt and it did what you said Takn.... i guess... I'm no brain when it come to computer I have admitted countless times...

I have the receipt and the box it came in... had it less than a month and I do believe that the McAfee didn't work and I don't do facebook or haven't downloaded anything...

just set it up and it went berserk and trojan popped in....

did what emily suggested .... avast... and it sited McAfee as the problem...

this one is going to have to be refurbished...I got the critical process died... screen....

shouldn't have to take it to a computer repair shop whereever that is... if I find one I will take the other ones to the shop cause I will get the refund from the newest on I got less that a month ago... and wait and have it repaired while I use this old XP laptop that works find for what I need it for...

tired....

it's going to be 91 degrees here...

and that's Hell enough for me....

going to try and get the title to the van and get it registered today... and the list goes on and on....make it stop...lol
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 06 13, 17, 10:35:38:AM » Reply

I always used Windows but not any more.  I hated Windows 10 and it seems it is more susceptible to viruses and you always need to have protection.  My desktop is a Mac and my tablet is Android, they both run faster and so far have never  needed protection, although I read that the arseholes who hack computers will soon be turning their pursuits to these operating systems.  I'm dumping my laptop soon as I have more problems with Windows than any other devices.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: so close
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About