Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:53:53:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653580 Posts in 297939 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: Prayers for "Mom" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Prayers for "Mom"  (Read 1810 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 06 09, 17, 03:08:34:PM » Reply

We just received word that my mother-in-law has incurable esophagus and liver cancer.  The esophagus cancer was not caught until she ended up with a blockage in her throat that prevented her from being able to eat.  She was simply eating and regurgitating everything and her son toted her off to the hospital.  After all the blockage was removed, they discovered the cancer, did full scans and xrays and discovered it has spread to her liver and will eventually spread throughout her body.  She is 82 and has decided NOT to use the harshest means of fighting this, but will do what is necessary (starting with a stint in her throat to help her eat again) to enjoy her final 6 to 24 months with us on Earth.

I would simply ask all who are inclined to offer prayers for her successful stint surgery and comfort as she begins this final journey.  No pain, only good times ahead for her and her husband, time to simply enjoy what she chooses to do, travel if they wish, or just sit on the porch quilting and rocking babies.

Thank you.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 06 09, 17, 05:11:21:PM » Reply

Thoughts and prayers going out! Aw, so sorry to read the sad news. May this surgery go well.
Your husband's mom? Hope she has many more comfortable days and nights -- All that the good Lord sees fit to give. Prayers for you and hubby to stay strong.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 06 09, 17, 05:14:05:PM » Reply

Peaceful comfort to you all, tak'n.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 06 12, 17, 04:22:22:PM » Reply

Thank you.

I was able to talk to her on her birthday and although there is not much I can do from this distance, I reassured her that if she needs any little thing, we will take care of it...housekeeping, laundry, cooking...so she can be free from those burdens.

It's going to be a long road though, getting her through this surgery will be the first step.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 06 13, 17, 06:07:12:AM » Reply

Yes, hope the stint surgery goes smoothly and was re-reading first post....glad she has her husband by her side. You and hubby are a rock of support for them.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 14, 17, 04:13:04:PM » Reply

Thank you
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #6 on: 06 26, 17, 11:51:21:AM » Reply

Hope your hubby's mum is hanging in, Takn. My brother & me were at our Dad's and found one of our late mom's largest hand made maple leaf quilts wrapped in a string bow with my brother's name on it. We burst into tears...she must have known that last summer/Fall before her surprise passing in Jan. that her time was near...That late summer of 2015 out of the blue she told me 'this quilt' she had on a spare bedroom bed 'is for you'/patchworks with embroidered family events.

Best to your mom-in-law, Tkn.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 06 27, 17, 12:18:20:PM » Reply

Thankyou.  She just had her stint put in her throat so she can eat again.  Was told she's waffling on chemo, already hates the pump they put in.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #8 on: 07 25, 17, 08:27:34:PM » Reply

Hope your mother in law is hanging in, Takn. Forget to mention on other thread, was sidetracked w/ the ginger

not just too bad about ginger ale carbonation being hard on her throat even though ginger is suppose to soothe tummy and nausea, but too bad the others didn't leave for her the milder sparkling waters you thoughtfully bought for her (& yes the food too!) and instead they bogarted them! All of them. And food too. grrr.

Know how you feel now as a family member --i'll call him young grasshopper:x --has eaten all 18 of those little individual apple sauces my Dad likes when we make him pork chops or roast. I said could you have at least left one!!? Lol. I try to keep dad well stocked so when cooking meals have everything needed. Have recently re-bought the indiv. apple sauces now 3 times. Well guess who will be going to store for them when Dad next wants pork chops. Not me and not Dad teehee.

Actually have been meaning to homemake apple sauce the way my mom did.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: Prayers for "Mom"
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About