Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 04:25:56:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662801 Posts in 298815 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Those Who Oppose The Mosque 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Those Who Oppose The Mosque  (Read 5306 times)
Amazed
« Reply #96 on: 08 25, 10, 11:01:13:PM » Reply

"The point was that Integration, voting rights and the end of slavery was not easy to obtain. It was a long uphill battle with a lot of misery in between."

Are you saying that muslims have a long uphill fight to gain their rights in this country?

Were you not also saying that you did not want the mosque in it's downtown location and you thought the muslims should accept that?

Perhaps it is you who ought to change your attitude.

jim, you are the problem, not the muslims, your own words reveal that.

It's not ok jim.

It's not ok to deny muslims their rights.
darkflower

« Reply #97 on: 08 25, 10, 11:04:18:PM » Reply

"This battle with the mosque can be solved by simply moving the spot a mile away"

That will not solve anythng though because this is not really just about one building. This is just one of many battles of anti-muslim vs muslim. Some are already calling to ban islam completely, everywhere. There are actual mosques over a thousand miles away from gz being fought against. There are muslims being denied service at public establishments. Time for Americans to stand up and take the high road and defend the muslims. Moving the building will not fix anything, they should not have to move it, and it will make things even worse by giving another victory to muslim haters.
Lysistrata
Honored Member

« Reply #98 on: 08 25, 10, 11:13:01:PM » Reply

There is no "easier option" when it comes to equality and freedom.  There's no halfway point that is acceptable.  Either you are free or you are not.  Either you are equal or you are not.  You are either treated equally under the Constitution, or you ride in the back of the bus because you make intolerant people uncomfortable.  Punishing innocent people for the actions of terrorists is irrational, un-American, illegal, and immoral.  You don't have to like these people, but you do have to allow them their Constitutional Rights. 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #99 on: 08 25, 10, 11:14:47:PM » Reply

Some are already calling to ban islam completely, everywhere. There are actual mosques over a thousand miles away from gz being fought against. There are muslims being denied service at public establishments.

This is probably in retaliation for this current mosque. Nobody was against muslims before 9/11, nobody was in this "uproar" before the mosque proposal, so its not americans causing this.  If you're going to stir the bee's then don't blame the bee's for being disturbed.

Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #100 on: 08 25, 10, 11:17:57:PM » Reply

There is no "easier option" when it comes to equality and freedom.  There's no halfway point that is acceptable.  Either you are free or you are not.  Either you are equal or you are not.  You are either treated equally under the Constitution, or you ride in the back of the bus because you make intolerant people uncomfortable.  Punishing innocent people for the actions of terrorists is irrational, un-American, illegal, and immoral.  You don't have to like these people, but you do have to allow them their Constitutional Rights.

I guess you're finished with that "Tolerance" and "Sensitivity" stuff.  Or does that only flow in one direction?

ok, I said I was outta here. Now I am.

Lysistrata
Honored Member

« Reply #101 on: 08 25, 10, 11:25:49:PM » Reply

No, I am not finished with tolerance.  I would defend the right of any church to legally practice their religion according to the Constitution.  And we are not bees, Jim.  We're rational adults with Constitutional laws that define our liberty.  Or at least we are supposed to be. 
Amazed
« Reply #102 on: 08 25, 10, 11:27:43:PM » Reply

"This is probably in retaliation for this current mosque. Nobody was against muslims before 9/11, nobody was in this "uproar" before the mosque proposal, so its not americans causing this.  If you're going to stir the bee's then don't blame the bee's for being disturbed."

Because of the 9/11 attack a wave of anti mislim sentiment swept the country, bigotry if you weill, holding to account the group for the actions of the few ie the Al Qaeda terrorists.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions and their own hearts. It is not acceptable to act in a  bigoted manner, it is not appropriate to hold an entire group responsible for the actions of a few. it is also illegal to deny basic rights to memebrs of minority groups and appropriately so.

You can hate muslims jim, but you cant deny them their rights.

Dont come here and act like some kind of hero or in any kind of self righteous manner because you are bigoted agaisnt muslims, if you do you will be confronted with it as I am confronting you.

My conscience requires that.
Amazed
« Reply #103 on: 08 25, 10, 11:30:07:PM » Reply

"I guess you're finished with that "Tolerance" and "Sensitivity" stuff.  Or does that only flow in one direction?"

I have little tolerance for bigotry.

It's genreally not the bigot who is hurt, he likes it and is the aggressor...it's his victim I defend.

The innocent.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #104 on: 08 25, 10, 11:35:59:PM » Reply

Yet you defend the biggest bigots in the world today, Muslims!

They murder children, women and anyone who they feel insults Islam!

Why do you insist upon the building of the Hamasque?

Why endorse a Islamic statement of victory over the graves of 9/11 victims!

For liberals everything is race!
Lysistrata
Honored Member

« Reply #105 on: 08 25, 10, 11:38:47:PM » Reply

I don't extend my tolerance and sensitivity to people who take a stand against the Constitutional rights of other people, or to bigots who blame the actions of terrorists on innocent people. 
Amazed
« Reply #106 on: 08 25, 10, 11:40:30:PM » Reply

I have no tolerance or sympathy for d2d, he is an incredibly sick and unapologetic bigot.

And incredibly stupid to boot.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #107 on: 08 25, 10, 11:59:47:PM » Reply

Amazing, you can call me all the names you want but it won't change the fact the Hamasque will be viewed by Muslims around the world as a declaration of victory over the infidels.

That declaration will be used as a recruiting tool by Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, etc!

Why do you want more Americans to die?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Those Who Oppose The Mosque
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats