Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 03:55:38:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653508 Posts in 297928 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Games  |  First Person Shooters  |  Topic: Core I9 processor announced! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Core I9 processor announced!  (Read 10693 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 05 30, 17, 04:11:33:PM » Reply

During its press conference at Computex 2017, Intel has officially announced the upcoming release of an entire new family of HEDT (high-end desktop) processors along with a new chipset and platform to power it. Though it has only been a year since Intel launched the Core i7-6950X, a Broadwell-E processor with 10-cores and 20-threads, it feels like it has been much longer than that. At the time Intel was accused of “sitting” on the market – offering only slight performance upgrades and raising prices on the segment with a flagship CPU cost of $1700. With can only be described as scathing press circuit, coupled with a revived and aggressive competitor in AMD and its Ryzen product line, Intel and its executive teams have decided it’s time to take enthusiasts and high end prosumer markets serious, once again.Though the company doesn’t want to admit to anything publicly, it seems obvious that Intel feels threatened by the release of the Ryzen 7 product line. The Ryzen 7 1800X was launched at $499 and offered 8 cores and 16 threads of processing, competing well in most tests against the likes of the Intel Core i7-6900X that sold for over $1000. Adding to the pressure was the announcement at AMD’s Financial Analyst Day that a new brand of processors called Threadripper would be coming this summer, offering up to 16 cores and 32 threads of processing for that same high-end consumer market. Even without pricing, clocks or availability timeframes, it was clear that AMD was going to come after this HEDT market with a brand shift of its EPYC server processors, just like Intel does with Xeon.

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/Intel-Core-i9-Announced-18-core-Skylake-X-Kaby-Lake-X-and-X299

Sounds like I will have one for my next build!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 05 30, 17, 04:21:54:PM » Reply

My desktop has an AMD chip and I am quite happy with it.  Some have told me to keep far away from AMD.  What is your opinion of AMD vs Intel?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 05 30, 17, 04:25:30:PM » Reply

I am always rooting for AMD their Ryzen chip is wonderful and slightly less expensive!

https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Ryzen-and-art-benchmark-maintenance

I love it when to processor manufacturers are competitive!

If your motherboard has an am4 socket it may handle the Ryzen!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007671%20601294612
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  Games  |  First Person Shooters  |  Topic: Core I9 processor announced!
Jump to:  

Courtesy Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Onboard Games

Lend a hand