Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:55:36:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653540 Posts in 297934 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Memorial Day Menu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Memorial Day Menu  (Read 120 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 05 26, 17, 08:44:32:PM » Reply

went grocery shopping and got some stuff for a backyard barbeque...excited...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 05 27, 17, 12:32:48:AM » Reply

We haven't decided what to do.  I have some halibut and shrimp in the freezer, or we have steaks...but this weekend is being spent working the wetland clearing and hauling downed tree limbs and wood to the woodpile.  If I can stand upright at the end, I may cook, I may not...

Right now, I'm so tired and sore I just want to sleep...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 05 27, 17, 04:25:31:PM » Reply

I'm sure there is something in the freezer I can cook. :-) We don't grill so I bought Costco Angus burgers...take 2 minutes to heat and are restaurant quality.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 05 27, 17, 07:16:57:PM » Reply

don't want to cook cause of the weight loss in Memphis... but I think a couple pounds won't hurt too much.

didn't get a chance to get to the fest contest... left before that happened and was running out of funds... but next time I will...

the barbeque that they sell at the stores was just not that good... one guy sold some okay barbeque but the bread that came with it was stale... so that meal was a waste...I gave up with the locals... but now I missed the real contest...again next time...

today was a nice day in Hellsville but the dampness got me achy so I'll have to do something next week... maybe...it's the rainy season here... will be doing nothing but clean up or spring cleaning next week....

oh and the front porch project starts again... didn't finish it... it kept the thieves from entering... will board the house up when I leave again....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 05 27, 17, 07:26:35:PM » Reply

You sure have your hands full, luv!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 05 28, 17, 11:02:40:AM » Reply

We headed to our favorite BBQ place yesterday to grab some brisket sandwiches for lunch and a rack of ribs for Sunday dinner...and they were completely sold out.  I was afraid that would happen on a holiday weekend with so many people passing their place on the way into the mountains.  But, we'll figure out something...I have some shrimp in the fridge so I can grill those.  We've been working outside all day long so I mostly worry about getting enough water...in fact, heading to the store this morning to restock.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 05 28, 17, 11:43:34:AM » Reply

since the water lines busted here... I've been getting clear water... it was muddy at first... so I just bought water in the bottle... I do have a filter on the sink faucet but they recommend boiling for now... ooooooook

I went the other day to get pork shoulder to barbeque... and I know I can't eat eggs but what is a potato salad without them... so I'm going to be sick... bracing myself for it...seriously...also will be making a banana pudding... with corn and string beans on the side...

and if I get enough energy will be having chicken to barbeque... don't like it... rather have chicken noodles or rice...

will be portioning cause I have enough room in the freezer to do that now...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 05 28, 17, 05:56:16:PM » Reply

Chicken and potato salad here!  The Veterans were outside the market and I bought my poppy as I usually do each year.  Have a good Memorial Day weekend everyone.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 05 29, 17, 08:44:00:AM » Reply

Seems like a lot starts on this day for outdoors activities...

rained a lot last night... bigum got out when I opened up the gate and ran like he stole something... I let him for 2 hours... and called him when it started to thunder and he ran his crazy ass back inside...he had fun...it was midnight...so didn't worry about folks walking down the street...

it's going to be a nice day in Hellsville... I think...cause I'm going to make it that way....
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Memorial Day Menu
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory