Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 08:43:04:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660476 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Hubby put up our new flagpole today 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Hubby put up our new flagpole today  (Read 435 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 05 22, 17, 12:57:26:AM » Reply

We spent about 10 hours outside; he got the flagpole erected and did a full burn on several piles of slash.
I spent the day hand weeding around the trees and plants in a portion of the eastern wetland so that I could start cutting back the long grass...it's already about 3 foot high but it's also still pretty wet in places, so Cubby had a hard time pushing through the muck.  Searching for the plants was a chore, a lot of them are barely starting to grow because the weed layer's so thick.  But this has been the first decent weekend to really start working on it.  I'm pooped.

* P1100303.JPG (163.64 KB, 480x640 - viewed 24 times.)

* P1100305.JPG (174.95 KB, 480x640 - viewed 23 times.)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 05 22, 17, 05:46:13:AM » Reply

Awesome....  I miss mine. We are not allowed to do it here.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #2 on: 05 22, 17, 10:19:04:AM » Reply

That old glory is placed so beautifully! And with top light too!? Spectacular!! Have never seen one before that I can remember.

And looks to be surrounded, a guess, your round driveway we raved about, Takn! Lots of work but your new home and property is really coming along beyond well. Not sure what 'did a full burn on several piles of slash' or the 'Cubby' part means unless=hubby.

Long grass in the wetlands.......sounds pretty.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 05 22, 17, 11:31:19:AM » Reply

A full burn is simply burning piled up slash and yard debris.  We buy an annual permit and are allowed to burn (24/7 should we choose so long as the fire is tended constantly), except in July and August...we took down our veggie garden fence and created the burn area there.  When we get enough cleared, we'll put our garden back into service.

Cubby is my Cub Cadet push trimmer-like a brush hog...looks like a funky lawn mower, runs on gas, and makes lighter work of brush clearing, as opposed to hold up a regular weed whacker for hours and hours. 
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 05 22, 17, 02:54:43:PM » Reply

Cool, didn't think i was such a city grl. Slash being what was slashed unless that's a name of a tree or bush. Got the burn part, my parents a few years ago talked about when they used to do burns back in the day when we were little here in southern California.
The Cubby sounds useful lol, cubby/hubby very good thangs.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 05 23, 17, 04:29:54:AM » Reply

Yes, slash is essentially any downed tree limbs, brush, leaves, etc., associated with clearing land
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 05 23, 17, 08:59:31:AM » Reply

Took 4 cuts to get the lawn outback down that was chin high...today will plant flower seeds....and bulbs I found on sale...
Pulled everything out of storage bin...took 4 trips...some still left  in the car...will get that today also...

The weather here is workable...but rain is in the next couple of days...

Got a new computer but have to go to the library to see how to set it up...damn...

The other computers will go to the shop one a month...really tired of this crap...i tell ya...

Got to have a working one...this is the cellphone I post with...

Lot of stuff to do and feel rushed...

When I wake up in the morning it takes a moment to think where am I now...lol
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 05 23, 17, 12:13:00:PM » Reply

I forgot...where are you?
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 05 24, 17, 04:08:31:AM » Reply

Why not just get rid of all the other computers and have only one?
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 05 24, 17, 06:57:35:AM » Reply

Never hurts to have a back up one to use if one breaks. I have an ipad incase my desktop goes kaput.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 05 24, 17, 12:23:42:PM » Reply

We have a tablet and our "smart phones"...

Perhaps that's what she means, other devices...though I can't imagine wasting money on repairs, which from my experience having our desktop worked on, and seeing people snap at the Verizon store when they take their non-functioning devices in to be worked on, can be quite expensive.  Sometimes it's cheaper just to wipe the slate clean and get a new one.

We keep an external hard drive and when one of our kids is home, have them help me update everything from the computer on to it, that way we won't lose photos and documents.  I don't keep much of anything except some photos on my phone...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #11 on: 05 24, 17, 01:51:53:PM » Reply

I have a desktop, an android tablet and smart phone.  Hubby has the same.  I find the desktop handy for printouts and other stuff.  I can work much faster on it too.  However, it seems nobody sends emails anymore.  It used to be that we actually got letters in the post from overseas and from friends and that went out with emails a while ago.  Now all we get our texts and like my brother in the UK, I hate texting.  So many times I have to correct it or it gets "corrected" for me and changes the whole substance of the message.  My phone is pinging all day and I feel I have to answer texts when they are from family.  Even phone calls and chats seem to be disappearing.  Maybe pretty soon we can just get an implant, think a message and the brain will have some way of sending it.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Hubby put up our new flagpole today
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory