Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 11:21:45:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660600 Posts in 298606 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: It was rough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: It was rough  (Read 206 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 05 08, 17, 08:13:13:PM » Reply

But I cut the grass at 82 degrees today I got somebody else doing it from now on all summer thank God
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 05 08, 17, 10:57:59:PM » Reply

It was quite hot here and we decided to clean out the gutters.  We were growing plants/weeds in them they were so bad.  I wanted to get someone to do it but was met with silence.  I went to the store (he must have been waiting for me to leave).  When I drove back he was up high on a ladder with both my neighbors on either side nagging him and telling him I would be mad at him when I got home.  True!  You just don't do that when you're on your own.  He was determined to do it so I just pitched in and cleaned up the flying debris from the gutters.  It was solid dirt/earth and weeds.  We'll never let it go that long again before cleaning them out.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 05 09, 17, 04:12:01:AM » Reply

Since moving, we've had to clean ours out twice!  The pine needles layer everything around here with each rain.  Everytime I rake up the muck in the driveways, the next rain, it's all back...ugh.

Hubby bought me a blower to help, but so far, it's been so wet, it blows the gravel around more than the needles.

And yes...men are the most stubborn creatures.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 05 09, 17, 07:06:29:AM » Reply

Suggestion:

Gutter covers that'll stop all the leaves and crap
that gets into your gutters and you can also get rain barrels for when you don't have enough rain and use the water from the downspouts to water your gardens.

Gutter covers are really cheap trust me.

I know you get a lot of rain water...a treasure in some parts of the country...but you can store it for the times you need it...or divert it to parts of the garden that needs it...how much fun is that....

Thinking about that in Memphis cause it rains a lot but it evaporates so fast into the soil that you wouldn't know if it rained or not.  I see folks here watering like crazy.  The cost got to be over the top...saving rain water in barrels to me is the only way....follow by example...but you have to study it to keep mosquitoes out of the mix... to that I say Dawn soap...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 05 09, 17, 12:48:47:PM » Reply

Gutter covers here, with the amount of rain we get and the amount of needles and leaves ends up pouring stuff over the gutters.  everyone we've talked to said they don't work here.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: It was rough
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory