Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 03:13:34:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662026 Posts in 298750 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Florida Officials Beg Trump To Stop Visiting Their State 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Florida Officials Beg Trump To Stop Visiting Their State  (Read 45 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 28, 17, 03:26:04:PM » Reply

Trump’s nonstop vacations to Mar-A-Lago in South Florida are not only costing taxpayers big time, but they’re also costing tons of money for local businesses that have to shut down when he visits.  Road closures, no-fly rules, and everything else that goes along with a presidential visit are devastating the local economies, and representatives from those areas are begging Trump to either stop visiting or to pay back the economic losses. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

Public officials from Palm Beach County, Florida are issuing an ultimatum to Donald Trump. They’re saying either stop taking your weekly vacations in our district or start paying back the money that you are costing businesses who cannot operate when you come down here every couple of days. You see, Palm Beach County happens to be where Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago is located, and since he goes down there basically every weekend for about three days, that causes local businesses to shut down.

https://trofire.com/2017/03/28/florida-officials-beg-trump-stop-visiting-state/
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 03 28, 17, 03:30:51:PM » Reply

What a crock!  The prez can go anywhere he wants.
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #2 on: 03 28, 17, 03:55:30:PM » Reply

Don't blame the president. Put blame where it belongs. That's the people who have foul, offensive intentions towards the president and worse.

If people were not criminally inclined the protection for presidents would be minimal.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 03 28, 17, 04:04:14:PM » Reply

so the public and the business owners who are losing money are just screwed?  is that what your saying?
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 03 28, 17, 04:08:12:PM » Reply

According to estimates provided to CNN by the sheriff’s department, it costs about $60,000 in overtime every day Trump spends in Florida. Trump has spent, before this weekend, 14 days in Florida since taking office in January, meaning costs to the sheriff’s department likely topped $1 million during this weekend’s visit.

Though the number is minimal when considering how much it costs the Secret Service to protect Trump, it is a sizable — and unbudgeted — amount for the county.

Local officials, who are starting to grapple with the idea that they might foot the bill, say if the county has to pay for it, it will mean either tax hikes or cuts to services in the coming years.

“It means the local taxpayers will have to bear the added burden of being part of the security for the president of the United States,” Paulette Burdick, the Democratic mayor of Palm Beach County, told CNN Friday. “It will either be cuts or increase in taxes.”

http://kfor.com/2017/03/20/palm-beach-officials-asking-president-trump-government-to-pay-for-overtime-costs/
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 03 28, 17, 04:10:11:PM » Reply

Congresswoman Lois Frankel says President Donald Trump’s trips to his Mar-A-Lago estate have become “a financial burden” in Palm Beach County, and she wants the White House to pay up.

If the Trump administration won’t cough up the cash, Frankel’s message is clear: the president should stay away from Palm Beach as much as possible.

“If compensation is not assured of being forthcoming, we respectfully ask that you curtail your visits until such time as that matter is resolved favorably to our area,” writes Frankel in her letter to Trump, whose Mar-A-Lago estate lies in her congressional district.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/national-govt--politics/west-palm-joins-county-seeking-money-for-trump-security-costs/sFizArhvSH8GokcbFypv4O/
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #6 on: 03 28, 17, 04:35:21:PM » Reply

Isn't Palm Beach full of NY Jewry who love Trump Huh?

They won't mind ponying up a lil extra in taxes to have celebrity in their neighborhoods.
caserio1

« Reply #7 on: 03 28, 17, 04:43:57:PM » Reply

west palm beach is a disaster area with trump around

the airport is too close to the city

when bush lived in florida he flew to a nearby airport and took a limo or a helo in so as not to overly

screw up the natives

but since trump doan give a shit about every day americans he ain't gonna be inconvenienced

in any way
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 03 28, 17, 05:06:21:PM » Reply

When Gore and other dem dignitaries visited NYC, if they arrived in Newark, the NJ Turnpike was shut down.  Damn, did that ever disrupt commerce!
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 03 28, 17, 05:07:45:PM » Reply

that doesn't happen every weekend does it duke?   Trump's trips to Florida are an every weekend event.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 03 28, 17, 05:10:09:PM » Reply

So what?  Disruptions happen all the time.  The problem isn't the prez but the haters he must be protected from.
caserio1

« Reply #11 on: 03 28, 17, 05:12:55:PM » Reply

yeah, the businesses along the njt really suffer
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Florida Officials Beg Trump To Stop Visiting Their State
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory