Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 04:25:19:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662961 Posts in 298829 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Cost of border wall vs. illegal immigration! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Cost of border wall vs. illegal immigration!  (Read 134 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 03 28, 17, 01:28:36:AM » Reply

The findings of this analysis show that if a border wall stopped a small fraction of the illegal immigrants who are expected to come in the next decade, the fiscal savings from having fewer illegal immigrants in the country would be sufficient to cover the costs of the wall. This analysis takes the likely education level of illegal border-crossers and applies fiscal estimates developed by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAS) for immigrants by education level. NAS calculates the future fiscal balance immigrants create — taxes paid minus costs. NAS reports fiscal balances as "net present values", which places a lower value on future expenditures than on current expenditures.
Based on the NAS data, illegal border-crossers create an average fiscal burden of approximately $74,722 during their lifetimes, excluding any costs for their U.S.-born children. If a border wall stopped between 160,000 and 200,000 illegal crossers — 9 to 12 percent of those expected to successfully cross in the next decade — the fiscal savings would equal the $12 to $15 billion cost of the wall.1
Among the findings:
  • There is agreement among researchers that illegal immigrants overwhelmingly have modest levels of education — most have not completed high school or have only a high school education.
  • There is also agreement that immigrants who come to America with modest levels of education create significantly more in costs for government than they pay in taxes.
  • A recent NAS study estimated the lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) of immigrants by education. Averaging the cost estimates from that study and combining them with the education levels of illegal border-crossers shows a net fiscal drain of $74,722 per illegal crosser.2

• The above figures are only for the original illegal immigrants and do not include any costs for their U.S.-born descendants. If we use the NAS projections that include the descendants, the fiscal drain for border-crossers grows to $94,391 each.

• If a border wall prevented 160,000 to 200,000 illegal crossings (excluding descendants) in the next 10 years it would be enough to pay for the estimated $12 to $15 billion costs of the wall.
  • Newly released research by the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) done for the Department of Homeland Security indicates that 170,000 illegal immigrants crossed the border successfully without going through a port of entry in 2015.3 While a significant decline in crossings from a decade ago, it still means that there may be 1.7 million successful crossings in the next decade. If a wall stopped just 9 to 12 percent of these crossings it would pay for itself.

• If a wall stopped half of those expected to successfully enter illegally without going through a port of entry at the southern border over the next 10 years, it would save taxpayers nearly $64 billion — several times the wall's cost.
Important Caveats and Observations About These Estimates
  • In addition to crossing the border surreptitiously, aliens join the illegal population primarily by overstaying a temporary visa. A southern border wall would not address this part of the illegal flow.
  • A large share of the net fiscal cost of illegal immigrants is at the state and local level, not the federal level. The costs of building the wall will be borne by the federal government.
  • To create its long-term fiscal estimates for immigrants by education level, the NAS uses the concept of "net present value" (NPV). This concept, which is commonly used by economists, has the effect of reducing the size of the net fiscal drain that unskilled immigrants will create in the future. The NAS does this because costs or benefits years from now are valued less in economics relative to more immediate costs. But this means the actual net lifetime fiscal cost of illegal border-crossers, given their education levels, is possibly $140,000 to $150,000 each in their lifetimes if the NPV concept is not used.4
http://cis.org/The-Cost-of-a-Border-Wall-vs-the-Cost-of-Illegal-Immigration
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 03 28, 17, 01:49:47:AM » Reply

We all know, from when Bush wanted to build a wall, that the Bigly, Huuuge, Beautiful Wall will cost at or over $1 trillion.  So don't bullshit us on that Comrade Dildo.  However, I do find your alt-facts (lies) to be interesting.  While your LIFETIME cost analysis of the cost of illegals is at the inflated by you cost of $75,000 is not completely inaccurate, you seem to have failed to mention that the lifetime income to the United States by those same illegals was more than doubled the inflated figure you provided.  I am absolutely certain that a gentleman of your stature would not have intentionally left that fact out, so I thought I would assume you did not have the time to type that in and am just assisting you.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 03 28, 17, 01:52:39:AM » Reply

Good fences make good neighbors.

Whether it's a physical barrier, electronic barrier, or a combination of both, it's worth the cost at twice the price.
gwboolean

« Reply #3 on: 03 28, 17, 01:55:15:AM » Reply

Sorry Biz, but I have no reason to want to spend at or near a cool $1 Trillion of my money to build a fence just because you mistakenly believe that good fences make good neighbors.  But I would love to know how you believe it is worth the cost, at any price?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #4 on: 03 28, 17, 02:01:15:AM » Reply

Your money Gw?

That is quite a change in perspective!

Democrats claim all money is the government's money and the people should be grateful to get what ever money the government allows them to have!

Hypocrite!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 03 28, 17, 04:56:44:AM » Reply

bool the fool seems to be in complete denial about anything negative regarding illegal immigration.  He must be illegal himself, proving he never was a Navy SEAL.
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #6 on: 03 28, 17, 06:37:57:AM » Reply

Since MOST illegal immigrants in the US came into the country through airports

the wall won't do much except cost a lot of money.

CIS again - not accountants, just anti-immigrant activists
trying to make a stupid idea seem to make sense.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 03 28, 17, 08:15:03:AM » Reply

The "wall" doesn't have to be terribly expensive.  I've seen militarized borders that were difficult to cross undetected.
gwboolean

« Reply #8 on: 03 28, 17, 10:06:36:AM » Reply

Your money Comrade Dildo?  Yes, your money.  We all know that you and your Soviet Comrades usually only spend my money, but yes, your money.  You TrEA$on party turds believe that only the TrEA$on party elite should have any money and that we should all be grateful for anything that they/you might, in your great generosity, bequeath us with and allow us to have.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 03 28, 17, 10:12:31:AM » Reply

boolshit, fool.
D2D

« Reply #10 on: 03 28, 17, 10:28:07:AM » Reply

Since MOST illegal immigrants in the US came into the country through airports

the wall won't do much except cost a lot of money.

CIS again - not accountants, just anti-immigrant activists
trying to make a stupid idea seem to make sense.
My source says otherwise!

Why do you place so little value on the lives of Americans?

Why do you value those who violate our borders so highly?
August West

« Reply #11 on: 03 28, 17, 10:35:26:AM » Reply

Trump wants his own Maginot line as a monument to his and his followers stupidity and cowardice. 2 Oceans aren`t enough for them, they need a wall to cower behind.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Cost of border wall vs. illegal immigration!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory