Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 06:04:06:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660562 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Broke down 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Broke down  (Read 145 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 02 27, 17, 10:02:46:PM » Reply

and purchased earthquake insurance...........Ouch.  We've been through two major earthquakes and never had earthquake insurance and for the first one we had to get an SBA loan to repair the damage.  However, the warnings and projections of a 9.0 on the Cascadia Subduction Zone keep coming with town hall meetings and earthquake preparedness seminars.  It is not if but when this is going to strike and predictions are chilling.  It is now long overdue and is said to wipe out the west coast.  If we're alive and able to make a claim when it strikes, we can now sleep more peacefully.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 02 28, 17, 04:51:04:AM » Reply

I could never live in an area that prone to getting them.  But good for you to plan for it.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #2 on: 02 28, 17, 08:38:26:AM » Reply

That's kinda how I feel about tornadoes and hurricanes.....couldn't live there....although could make an exception for say Dallas or a FL beach heehee....Now that I think about it, wouldn't want to live in a canyon/fire zone or flood zone either. Gee wiz or a tsunami zone. Where can we be safe!

Emily, you being near the Northridge quake back in '94--think I read that--gave me pause. Seeing those buildings collapse on tv was scary (was living out in the IE where your kids are now, at the time)
and have heard these days in the San Gabriel Valley that a Whittier fault would be more dangerous here than possibly the San Andreas fault line out there.

Yes, have earthquake insurance here
but for some reason not scared of earthquakes. The exception the '71 quake we felt as kids, we ran to our parents bed; somehow felt safe there.' )

These days when in a large parking structure or under a freeway pass----- I sometimes think -- hope there isn't an earthquake.   
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 02 28, 17, 10:19:31:AM » Reply

Insurance insurance insurance...can't say it enough...
Don't worry too much about the natural things that happens in my case...it's the arsonist, thieves, crack heads, addicts that seem to be more of a concern... I guess it what part of the country you live...huh?
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 02 28, 17, 01:02:02:PM » Reply

I haven't checked into the cost here in WA, but the way they suck the life out of us in taxes, I would imagine they charge a pretty penny.

We continue to hear the not "if" but "when" and how we need to buy all these survival supplies, get insurance, beef up our house...if the 8.0 + they predict occurs, it won't matter.  The 6.8 Nisqually quake in 2001 was a wake up call for the region, but they have spent 15 years pissing away all the funding they promised would help retrofit and secure roads, bridges, and buildings.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 02 28, 17, 06:52:53:PM » Reply

With this enormous Cascadia subduction zone the geologists say that when one plate slips under the other it will trigger the biggest earthquake in U.S. history.  The fault line runs from northern California up to the Canadian border and is about 200 miles out in the ocean.  They say it is ready to go and it depends on where the point of impact is that will suffer the most.  The predictions are all so grim and if you live on the coast you can't even buy earthquake insurance.  Supposedly everything west of Interstate 5 will either be wiped out or suffer major damage and we are about 12 miles east of I-5 which is about 75 miles from the coast inland.  It is getting so much publicity that doesn't go away, so we can't say we haven't been warned.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Broke down
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About