Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 12:58:45:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660254 Posts in 298568 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Banks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Banks  (Read 293 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 02 24, 17, 10:20:54:AM » Reply

Whew!

If you have auto payment due on the first...why are they paying on the 24th...cause if they know you don't have the amount it causes overdrafts...

I need a big pillowcase. .

Lol
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 02 24, 17, 10:46:57:AM » Reply

I never do auto pay.  It is better that you have the control to pay your bills.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 02 24, 17, 11:07:04:AM » Reply

My HOA forces us  to pay automatic. I subtract it from the checkbook on the 1st but it shows up from the 5-7th by the time it clears the bank.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 02 24, 17, 01:35:09:PM » Reply

I'm seeing that now
Emily cause my bank paid the auto pay due the first today the 24th..Huh?.if I had not checked the balance this morning...I could have been embarrased if my card was declined...especially if was put in the tank...some folks tell you to fill then pay...I never carry cash except change...
Contacting the bank on this as soon as I cool...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 02 24, 17, 02:06:18:PM » Reply

The thing about auto-pay is that if the business you're sending money too is not "on network", then YOUR bank is forced to send an actual draft (bank check), which means, in order to arrive in time to meet your specified payment deadline, they have to send that draft 5-8 business days prior to the actual due date.

We have auto-pay for our car and life insurance now, because our mail kept getting crossed and we were either short on the payments, or getting credited for paying too much.  So I know the date I've set up to pay them, I just have remember that about a week prior, they will be pulling the money out to send.

We have had to go to online bill pay for pretty much all our utiities and payments, as a lot of businesses now charge an additional "handling" fee if you send a check.  Stupid, right?
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 02 24, 17, 03:53:24:PM » Reply

Been on the phone all morning trying to see what happened...the storage company got the check on time and choose not to deposit it until yesterday...my bank statement
 says it was paid...so I'm going along with my balance online...

waking up seeing the difference made me stop and make some calls...I have a headache now...called the storage place and they apologized...yeah right...it's at the end of the month and it could have costed me big...it's only an inconvenience cause now I have to wait on my welfare check due on the first of March...@$!#:
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 02 24, 17, 07:03:45:PM » Reply

I pay all my bills online because it is so convenient and I authorize the deduction from our checking account.  It's easy to set up initially. Actually there is one utility bill I don't pay online and that's our City water and sewer.  They are such a small City that they haven't caught up yet with the real tech world.  I walk over and pay it and have a chat with all two of the staff.  They do have a little website but no way of making payments on it.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #7 on: 02 25, 17, 04:40:27:AM » Reply

You could probably still do online bill pay for it and your bank would send the draft, as I was saying to luv. 

But I agree with the local touch too.  When we lived in the little town of Philipsburg Montana, Thing1 and I would walk the block and half downtown to pay our power bill and visit the post office...The town's main street is really only about 4 blocks long...LOL
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 02 25, 17, 06:47:26:AM » Reply

Same here emily. For some reason the water company wants to be paid on it's own website so every time I have to put in a router and account number. Everything else is from the bank online.  On the first of the month, I deduct any automatic payments in the checkbook so there is no chance of  the money not being there when they draw it out.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 02 25, 17, 12:08:39:PM » Reply

In God we trust...not the bank even though it's printed on dollar or use to be...I'm not sure anymore cause the system of things don't allow us to see it long enough to know for sure...

Next time I see a Bill I'll check...lol

Anyway 4 more days I will know..the bank just got caught in a lie saying it was paid but until the check is cashed it's a lie...

Alway thought paid meant paid...back to a paper trail.....
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Banks
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About