Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:08:04:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653384 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ‘Absolutely False’: No Contact From Trump Administration 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: ‘Absolutely False’: No Contact From Trump Administration  (Read 328 times)
wvit1001

« on: 02 24, 17, 09:50:47:AM » Reply

Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II blasts Sean Spicer’s assertion about working with tribe on DAPL

Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II on Thursday blasted as “absolutely false” presidential Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s assertion that the administration of President Donald Trump had consulted with the tribe about the Dakota Access Pipeline. The phony fact came out of the White House daily press briefing on February 23, which took place even as the Oceti Sakowin water protectors camp was being bulldozed.

“On the Dakota Access Pipeline, a few weeks ago President Trump said he would try to negotiate a solution between the Standing Rock Sioux and Energy Transfer Partners,” a reporter asked. “Why hasn’t the President intervened and tried to initiate those negotiations yet?”

“Our team has been in contact with all the parties involved,” replied Spicer. “They have been working and communicating back and forth. So if we have an update on that—but there has been work at the staff level between the parties.”

This is patently untrue, said Archambault.

“Spicer claimed that the Trump administration has been ‘constantly’ in contact with our Tribe. That claim is absolutely false,” Archambault said in a statement late Thursday. “We repeatedly asked for meetings with the Trump administration, but never received one until the day they notified Congress that they were issuing the easement. I was on a plane to Washington, D.C. when I learned the easement was issued. It was an insult to me and to the Tribe. I canceled the meeting upon hearing this news. We have since filed a lawsuit for the immoral and illegal issuance of the easement and suspension of the environmental impact study.”

The tribe has not changed its stance that DAPL “is a dangerous project that threatens our water,” the statement said. “The tactics to divide our fight against the real enemy, Energy Transfer Partners, are counterproductive and detract from the goal to stop the denigration of our sovereign rights to protect our treaty resources.”

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/politics/archambault-false-no-contact-trump/
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #1 on: 02 24, 17, 09:56:51:AM » Reply

Interesting. I thought the feds were involved in this situation.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 02 24, 17, 09:58:38:AM » Reply

Spicer claimed that the Trump administration has been ‘constantly’ in contact with our Tribe. That claim is absolutely false
KensanIV

« Reply #3 on: 02 24, 17, 10:03:35:AM » Reply

There is no reason to deal with the tribe, the pipe line does NOT touch their land. It does come within one-half of a mile, but it is all on private land.

http://inter-american-law-review.law.miami.edu/land-anyway-dakota-access-pipeline-protests-arent-oil/
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 02 24, 17, 10:37:24:AM » Reply

If there's no real reason to deal with the tribe then why would trump say he was in contact with them?   Is this just another of his offhanded lies?
KensanIV

« Reply #5 on: 02 24, 17, 11:02:49:AM » Reply

Perhaps he does as liberals would.... does it and then deny it.

You can learn a lot by the study of Libs.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 02 24, 17, 11:13:39:AM » Reply

or perhaps this is just another case of trump casually lying.
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #7 on: 02 24, 17, 11:34:34:AM » Reply

trump casually lying about casually attacking human rights that conflict with corporate profits

like the profits Trump has not made given that he was an investor in this pipeline
and now claims he sold off his interests in it.

He should prove that - but he hasn't presented any proof.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #8 on: 02 24, 17, 11:36:27:AM » Reply

Spicer claimed that the Trump administration has been ‘constantly’ in contact with our Tribe. That claim is absolutely false
Frump and Co., LIE!
KensanIV

« Reply #9 on: 02 27, 17, 03:14:16:AM » Reply

Secrecy is a very serious issue.  I know you libs do not like our POTUS, nonetheless this is not a laughing matter. Spicer first of all is Director of Communications and he has every right to attempt plug this leak and the sooner the better.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ‘Absolutely False’: No Contact From Trump Administration
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory