Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:33:30:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653571 Posts in 297938 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: American Attitudes Shift on Obamacare 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: American Attitudes Shift on Obamacare  (Read 50 times)
wvit1001

« on: 02 24, 17, 09:30:06:AM » Reply

The public perception of President Barack Obama's health care law is becoming more positive as the Affordable Care Act faces threats of repeal, according to a new poll.

The favorability ratings are at their highest recorded levels since the summer of 2010. The poll, by the Kaiser Family Foundation, has been conducted more than 60 times.

To assemble the data researchers surveyed 1,160 adults by phone in mid-February about their opinions regarding different portions of the law, sometimes called Obamacare. They found that 48 percent of those surveyed now have favorable views of the Affordable Care Act – up from 43 percent in December. In comparison, 42 percent of those surveyed had an unfavorable view of Obamacare, down from 46 percent in the December poll.

The shift was driven largely by people who identified as being politically independent, and the unfavorability rates did not fall below their lowest levels, recorded in July 2010, when they were at 35 percent.

Prior to the most recent poll, the public's views on the law were more unfavorable than favorable, even as its major provisions became enacted and about 21 million people gained coverage or more robust health insurance.

Despite the change in overall attitudes, the survey reveals people remain split on what should happen to the law next. Most of those who favor repeal, however, would like to see a replacement plan first.

http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-future-directions-for-the-aca-and-medicaid/
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #1 on: 02 24, 17, 09:47:48:AM » Reply

If Obamacare is not repealed and replaced, there will be a BIG shift in attitudes, for sure.  But, it will be repealed and replaced.  Bet on it.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 02 24, 17, 09:53:41:AM » Reply

It'll be changed, but it won't be repealed in any meaningful way.  Republicans won't kick 21 million Americans off of health insurance rolls.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #3 on: 02 24, 17, 10:05:27:AM » Reply

If obamacare insurance is replaced with healthcare it will be an improvement.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 02 24, 17, 10:05:38:AM » Reply

The mandates and thus the intended path to single payer, gone.   A beautiful thing.
KensanIV

« Reply #5 on: 02 24, 17, 10:26:30:AM » Reply

My attitude has not changed.... I saw nothing worth while when it rammed down our throats by the D's.  And still don't.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 02 24, 17, 10:36:11:AM » Reply

that's because you're happy with your government sponsored Medicare and don't care about other Americans kensan.
KensanIV

« Reply #7 on: 02 24, 17, 02:41:40:PM » Reply

We must  travel in different circles, I know no one who gets ACA (aka Obamacare) FOR FREE. I know several people who have experienced major increases in monthly cost, as well higher deductibles.

Not to mention the medical/Insurance outfits who have pulled out of this program because  their bottom-lines tell them that the current system was so broken that it cannot be fixed...and they cannot afford to play the D's lying game.

Yes! I am happy with my veterans overage as well as my Medicare... Tell ya what lemming,  The next war that comes along, why don't you put on the uniform and go to the war-zone and I'll stay out and whine. Its much safer just whining.
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #8 on: 02 24, 17, 02:55:56:PM » Reply

ObamaCare was a tissue of lies from the get-go.  NOTIHNG in it worked as we were "promised".  I PERSONALLY experienced the rising costs.  We now have an obscenely high deductible that we did NOT have before ObamaCare.  I HAVE insurance, but CANNOT AFFORD TO ACTUALLY USE IT.  So I try very hard not to get sick or seriously injured.

The people I PERSONALLY KNOW who WORK IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD all HATE IT with a passion.

It WILL be repealed, you can take that to the bank.  The Republicans know what will happen to them if they BREAK THIS PROMISE to the AMERICAN PEOPLE.  What is unknown right now is exactly how and with what it will be REPLACED.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: American Attitudes Shift on Obamacare
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory