Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 06:06:44:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662689 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ted Cruz toasts Harry Reid every month 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Ted Cruz toasts Harry Reid every month  (Read 62 times)
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« on: 02 23, 17, 10:56:35:PM » Reply

Cruz toasts Harry Reid for whopping gift to GOP

Garth Kant 02/23/2017

NATIONAL HARBOR, MD – It may be the last thing one might to expect to hear from Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.

“More than once in the past month, I have raised a glass to toast Harry Reid,” he told a small group of reporters with quizzical expressions at the annual the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, just outside Washington Thursday.

“We owe an ironic debt of gratitude to Harry Reid,” the senator declared, for “the most conservative cabinet in decades.”

And then the coup de gras.

“Thanks to Harry Reid, Jeff Sessions is the attorney general, Scott Pruitt is the administrator of the EPA and Betsy DeVos is the education secretary.”

Cruz explained, “There is one person directly responsible for that, and that is Harry Reid, who invoked the so-called nuclear option and broke the Senate rules to lower the threshold for confirmations from 60 votes to 51.”

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

Cruz said he tried to warn the former Senate majority leader. He and Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, both argued “vociferously” to their Democratic Party colleagues that it was a mistake.

“At the time, I told them, several Democrats, this will result in more Scalias and Thomases on the Supreme Court and on the federal courts.”

“And,” the senator continued, “it will result in much more conservative cabinet nominees. That’s precisely what occurred, if you look at the nominees we’ve seen and confirmed, a number them by very narrow margins.”

“It is difficult to believe a Jeff Sessions, or a Scott Pruitt, or a Betsy de Vos would have been nominated if they required 60 votes to be confirmed.”

An amused Cruz observed that the interesting thing about how the nuclear option operated in practice is that it did not alter who the Democrats nominated.

And he didn’t mince words.

“The Democrats have always nominated their nut cases to be in the cabinet. Republicans have quietly and docilely confirmed them.”

That didn’t change under the nuclear option when Obama was president, Cruz asserted.

Former Attorney General Eric Holder and former President Obama

“Obama did not hesitate to nominate extreme left-wing radicals, and, sadly, the Senate did not hesitate to confirm them.”

Cruz also lamented how Republicans had not only rolled over and confirmed Obama’s radical nominees, previous Republican presidents often wouldn’t even bother to nominate strong conservatives for cabinet positions, knowing they couldn’t break the 60-vote threshold.

“And so, by Harry Reid’s actions, which I disagreed with at the time, the consequences are we now have a much more conservative cabinet, and I believe were going to be able to move expeditiously to confirm strong conservatives.”...
http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/cruz-toasts-harry-reid-for-whopping-gift-to-gop/print/
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ted Cruz toasts Harry Reid every month
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory