Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 10:31:46:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660995 Posts in 298647 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Assault rifle and or Assault Weapons, which is which depends on 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Assault rifle and or Assault Weapons, which is which depends on  (Read 1943 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« on: 02 22, 17, 01:52:24:PM » Reply

your politics, and whether or not you support the second amendment.

So lets say you're not a supporter of the second amendment, then you move to redefine or have redefined any Rifle or Weapon that you want renamed as an Assault Rifle or Assault Weapon, and then find those that are in agreement and a liberal biased media that will carry that water then you have defined what isn't into what is which brings us to today with a debate of what wasn't now being what is!
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 02 22, 17, 01:56:10:PM » Reply

The firearms industry itself introduced the term "assault weapon" to build interest in new product lines.   Phillip Peterson, the author of Gun Digest Buyer’s Guide to Assault Weapons (2008) wrote:

The popularly held idea that the term 'assault weapon' originated with anti-gun activists is wrong. The term was first adopted by manufacturers, wholesalers, importers and dealers in the American firearms industry to stimulate sales of certain firearms that did not have an appearance that was familiar to many firearms owners. The manufacturers and gun writers of the day needed a catchy name to identify this new type of gun.
1965hawks

« Reply #2 on: 02 22, 17, 02:00:01:PM » Reply

dont-blameme,

"Writing for the 10-4 majority, Judge Robert King of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, said that the landmark Heller v. District of Columbia decision rendered in 2008 explicitly allows governments to regulate firearms similar in design and function to those issued to members of the military."

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/02/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-maryland/
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 02 22, 17, 02:02:05:PM » Reply

http://assaultweapontruth.com/
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #4 on: 02 22, 17, 02:03:28:PM » Reply

1965hawks do you realize that ruling as written applies only to rifles capable of selective fire not to those solely capable of semi-automatic fire?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 02 22, 17, 02:07:52:PM » Reply

D2D let them have their moments of misunderstanding on purpose it reassures them they are of value for what ever reason known only to them!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #6 on: 02 22, 17, 02:09:46:PM » Reply

True, as that is all they have or ever will have!
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 02 22, 17, 02:38:22:PM » Reply

The firearms industry itself introduced the term "assault weapon" to build interest in new product lines.   Phillip Peterson, the author of Gun Digest Buyer’s Guide to Assault Weapons (2008) wrote:

The popularly held idea that the term 'assault weapon' originated with anti-gun activists is wrong. The term was first adopted by manufacturers, wholesalers, importers and dealers in the American firearms industry to stimulate sales of certain firearms that did not have an appearance that was familiar to many firearms owners. The manufacturers and gun writers of the day needed a catchy name to identify this new type of gun.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 02 22, 17, 02:39:43:PM » Reply

D2D

« Reply #9 on: 02 22, 17, 02:43:14:PM » Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 02 22, 17, 03:08:49:PM » Reply

you should tell that to Guns and Ammo d2.   
D2D

« Reply #11 on: 02 22, 17, 03:10:19:PM » Reply

Did you read the article?

How do you know they weren't talking about selective fire weapons?

They do cover such weapons!
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Assault rifle and or Assault Weapons, which is which depends on
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory