Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 05:27:56:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659668 Posts in 298515 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Spring 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Spring  (Read 1515 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #12 on: 02 17, 17, 06:46:28:PM » Reply

Glad you can stay home today Pacifica and thanks for the info.  My daughter's working today so I will find out later how she fared.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #13 on: 02 17, 17, 07:08:54:PM » Reply

Hopeful she doesn't have to drive far to work. This tax job i've loved now for 9 years that i got through Kelly

is such a long drive. Close to LAX!! (Thank goodness I have summer's off and Nov & Dec! Family obligations it works out.)
I have a somewhat neat way i like to go, most times avoid frwys and take some old fav roads that cuts about 9 miles off commute although more stop n go, leave really early--getting there much easier than getting home.

So I sometimes stop half way home, do errands or grocery, get dinner or whatever i need to do
and let traffic subside. Other times just drive it and listen to radio& keep smiling haha try anyway.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #14 on: 02 17, 17, 07:23:15:PM » Reply

I don't know how I ever handled those freeways when I lived there and it's ten times worse now.  My daughter has her own photography business and one of her clients is the Claremont colleges.  She does all their brochures and publicity and that's not too far away.  My grandson works for the City of Pasadena about 20 minutes from where he lives and it takes him at least an hour.  In bad weather it's even worse.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #15 on: 02 17, 17, 09:25:55:PM » Reply

Geez such a small world, Emily!!! Didn't realize your photographer daughter has her own business!!! That's great, thought she also did books for s.i.l.'s business. You speak my language in terms of about everythang, old day southern ca freeways compared to today, some not worth taking in this day and age! Thank God for the big Blvd's Lakewood/Rosemead, Manchester, Slauson, Florence,  etc.... old familiar areas, Euclid Ave and Haven!!!...places i used to live similar to you and your family...

/20 min from Pasadena or an hr depending on traffic, sounds about right. Living near some of your relatives then and now lol. Geneology from across the pond too, only difference my fam history ended up in Western Canada then parents moved to S. Calif where we grew up
& Dad continued riding, coink Admin.J's F.I.L.too a jockey and you selling Avon to Rooney's mum who my Dad knew well...her son. Gee you have Wales or Denmark history too? Are we related heehee...even summer's in Del Mar read some of your fam lived near San Diego. Small world.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #16 on: 02 17, 17, 11:34:29:PM » Reply

My daughter just texted me and said tons of rain but blessed to be in a more rooted and green area.  She said they are waiting for the predicted wind to hit.

Glad you have alternate routes to work Pacifica because those freeways are scary.  I close my eyes when my son in law is driving!  No ties to Denmark or Wales, although my black sheep brother now lives in Wales.  My cousin lives in Spain and found me through Ancestry.com.  We were so spread out and both my husband and I have Scottish ancestry.  It's been really fun since my cousin found me and I get to see the family tree she has filled in on ancestry.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #17 on: 02 18, 17, 05:47:00:AM » Reply

oops, meant Jim's step dad if I'm remembering right and imagine our dad's could tell similar stories.

More and more I'm loving the old Blvd's, even some taking you all the way to the beach. Can't believe seeing the news last night, freeways being rivers and closed. Hope all is quieting in the East Foothills, Emily...Yes the wind! Sorry about a black sheep bro, seems an older nephew of mine is becoming one unlike his little bro. Have read many of your fun adventures since your cousin from Spain found you--you're a gem to find and love your writing.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 02 18, 17, 01:49:37:PM » Reply

I cleaned up the flower beds today and put the bird bath out...yeah, it could still snow here but 2 70+ days in a row...yee ha!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #19 on: 02 18, 17, 06:15:40:PM » Reply

We were supposed to have light, scattered showers...
Nope, it's been raining steady since this morning.  I had my heart set on playing in the woods.  Not today, it's just too cold for my weary bones.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #20 on: 02 23, 17, 08:39:45:AM » Reply

Noticed something here...can't explain but it rains a lot at night or early morning but by noon it's all dry like it never happened...I don't know what to think but that the soil drinks up...not a place to be a farmer for sure.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 02 23, 17, 10:39:20:AM » Reply

We had a big muddy landslide on River Road in Salem yesterday.  I take this road next to the Willamette river to get to my friend's house which is up on the hill, but thankfully a couple of streets back.  The police blog equated it to 20 dump truck loads.  We've had so much rain.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 02 23, 17, 11:33:56:AM » Reply

And we barely had a drop all winter. Just a couple non shovelable snow falls....a trace.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Spring
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About