Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 04:05:41:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660560 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump just destroyed the Republican effort to repeal Obamacare 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump just destroyed the Republican effort to repeal Obamacare  (Read 148 times)
wvit1001

« on: 01 16, 17, 08:45:57:PM » Reply

When even the most committed Republicans came around to support Donald Trump in 2016, they made a kind of bet. It wouldn’t matter much that Trump had no apparent fealty to conservative ideology or that he was a complete ignoramus about policy, because he’d be leaving all that boring stuff to them. The Republican Congress would pass its agenda, he’d sign whatever they put in front of him, and they’d all live happily ever after.

But now it’s not looking so simple. In fact, Trump just dealt a huge blow to their top priority: repealing the Affordable Care Act. Accomplishing repeal without causing the GOP a political calamity is an extremely delicate enterprise, and the last thing they want is to have him popping off at the mouth and promising things they can’t deliver. Which is what he just did:

[Republicans say they’ll protect you if you have a preexisting condition. Don’t believe them.]

President-elect Donald Trump said in a weekend interview that he is nearing completion of a plan to replace President Obama’s signature health-care law with the goal of “insurance for everybody,” while also vowing to force drug companies to negotiate directly with the government on prices in Medicare and Medicaid …

Trump said his plan for replacing most aspects of Obama’s health-care law is all but finished. Although he was coy about its details — “lower numbers, much lower deductibles” — he said he is ready to unveil it alongside Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). …

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” People covered under the law “can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better.” …

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/01/16/donald-trump-may-have-just-destroyed-the-republican-effort-to-repeal-obamacare/?utm_term=.bc1b96ce5d48
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 01 16, 17, 08:52:36:PM » Reply

Obama made so many promises about healthcare that never were kept.  You don't care.

You hate Trump, period.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 01 16, 17, 08:58:18:PM » Reply

You don't like talking about Trump duke?   
stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #3 on: 01 16, 17, 09:01:02:PM » Reply

He didn't "destroy" anything nit wit.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 01 16, 17, 09:12:18:PM » Reply

You don't like talking about oBummer's failures, wvit?
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 01 16, 17, 09:25:45:PM » Reply

still can't talk about the topic duke?  hahahahahahahaha
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 01 16, 17, 09:27:30:PM » Reply

Still lying, wvit?  hahahahahahahaha
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 01 16, 17, 09:40:40:PM » Reply

lying about what?
stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #8 on: 01 16, 17, 09:42:30:PM » Reply

Nit wit just posts what he/she/it is told to post. He/she/it is incapable of carrying on an intelligent discussion.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 01 16, 17, 09:47:28:PM » Reply

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 01 16, 17, 09:52:40:PM » Reply

Why do you not believe him wvit?  Because you an oBummer lie?
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 01 16, 17, 10:33:52:PM » Reply

why don't I believe him?   If he's talking about single payer then I would believe him, but I don't believe that's what he's saying.  He's really not said anything other than everyone's going to have affordable healthcare.   Do you believe that duke?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump just destroyed the Republican effort to repeal Obamacare
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory