Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:29:41:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653459 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: My wife is back in the Hospital again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: My wife is back in the Hospital again  (Read 3308 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 12 16, 16, 08:02:03:PM » Reply

My wife is back in the Hospital again. This time because of an infection in her blood and her breathing is getting horribly bad.  At the hospital she is using an APAP mask at 50% Oxygen to force air into her lungs.  Each time she goes in its worse, and each time she leaves its worse. They never fix or make anything better.  She can't even talk to me on the phone. She can't get enough oxygen to speak.

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #1 on: 12 17, 16, 09:09:11:AM » Reply

So sorry to read this, Jim!
Positive thoughts and prayers going out to you and your wife at this difficult time.

I punched in natural blood remedies into my search engine......I hope when you do this some helpful info will come up.

example (had to disengage the wysiwyg to get more to post)

Search Results
Vitamin C benefits include reversing blood poisoning
www.naturalhealth365.com/vitamin-c-benefits-reversing-blood-poisoning-1161.html
Oct 1, 2014 - Sepsis, commonly called blood poisoning, is a bacterial infection which can ... How exactly does vitamin C treat, prevent and even reverse blood poisoning? ... Naturally, it's always a good idea to eat foods that are rich in ...
Natural Cures for Sepsis (Blood Poisoning) - Earth Clinic
www.earthclinic.com/cures/blood_poisoning.html
Garlic. Garlic is another effective treatment support for sepsis. This herb contains a compound known as allicin, which helps reduce inflammation throughout the body. It also helps fight infection and boost your immune system.
11 Home Remedies For Bacterial Infections - Natural Treatments ...
www.findhomeremedy.com/home-remedies-for-bacterial-infections/
Ginger is used for treating respiratory and stomach infections caused by bacteria. Ginger heats up the body and encourages blood circulation, thereby reducing the action of bacteria in the body. Ginger tea can be consumed 3-4 times a day to treat respiratory infections.
Herbal Treatment for Blood Infection - Home Remedy Haven
www.homeremedyhaven.com › Ask a Question
Sep 29, 2011 - how to get blood infection from your body. ... Appropriate antibiotic treatment is important when one has blood infection, as the multiplication of the harmful bacteria in the blood stream ... Natural Remedy for Parasite Infection
10 Natural Antibiotics That Fight Infection - What Drug Companies Don ...
https://www.davidwolfe.com/10-natural-antibiotics/
It also promotes healthy blood circulation and has antibiotic properties when broken ... Horseradish can treat everything from urinary tract infections to kidney ...
Natural Remedies for Septicaemia - Regenerative Nutrition
www.regenerativenutrition.com › Library › Health Conditions › Septicaemia
Septicaemia is blood poisoning created by the same germs. ... During the recovery period we would recommend the following natural remedies;. The "Natural ...
Natural Antibiotics - Fight bacterial infections ... - Home Remedies
www.home-remedies-haven.com/natural-antibiotics.html
We have special white blood cells whose job it is to attack harmful bacteria and help fight off infections. Sometimes, however, our immune system does not cope ...
Blood Poisoning - Home Remedies For You
www.home-remedies-for-you.com › Articles › Alternative Health
Blood poisoning causes could be traced to bacterial, viral or fungal infections. If diagnosed early, septicemia blood poisoning must be treated or could progress ...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 12 22, 16, 11:18:17:AM » Reply

It's never any easier as illnesses take hold.

So sorry to hear she is struggling.  But your dedication to her care speaks volumes.

May you be blessed with strength and fortitude as you weave this road of illness and recovery with her, just don't let it drain YOU too much.  We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 01 15, 17, 10:02:04:PM » Reply

I thought I would give a brief update that the Mrs is "still" in the hospital. It will be 5 weeks this coming tuesday.

4 days ago we were told that she will probably never be coming home again since her problems were so severe that I wouldn't be able to manage them, and that she may have to go into an assisted living arrangement so she could receive the daily care she would need.

Then 2 days ago she began doing a little better and, if she continues to do better then that assessment may change and I can get her back home where she belongs.

I just spoke with her and she still seems to be doing well. She has more tests tomorrow and hopefully they reveal good news.

Five weeks in a house alone is NO FUN with your voice being the only one in the house. Night alone in an empty house is spooky as well.
Its unnerving, loney, with bad knee's its difficult to go anywhere, there are no more malls to go to, its like solitary confinement.

And I just discovered I'm a YES man. So far I haven't found a single thing I disagree with in my arguments with myself.   :- \

How can anyone put their spouse into another living arrangement elsewhere and go on as if that's even normal?

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 01 16, 17, 03:18:06:AM » Reply

That's a heartwarming post about you and your sweetie...lonely when she's not there....knee creaks and night creaks --Even having yourself to agree with not as much fun as hearing her YES your ideas -- even hearing a NO let's do it this way would be welcome, I'm sure-- as long as she's there to say it.:`| :`]
Thoughts and prayers to you both. Hoping she can be home soon and if need be perhaps a nurse or therapist can come to your house to help.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 01 17, 17, 10:52:07:PM » Reply

Jim, when we were forced to put my mom in a nursing home after her first amputation, it was difficult, but necessary as there was no way she could have survived on her own and we couldn't afford the the 24 in home care. 

She had her sister visit almost daily, was involved in music, theatre and prayer groups, enjoyed games, concerts, new friendships and travel excursions.  It occupied her time and helped her to forget the weekly doctor visits, multiple surgeries, and pain...she was there for 7 years.

Have a heartfelt talk with your wife and lay out all the pros and cons.  Honestly assess what changes will need to occur to properly care for her ( rails, electric bed, walkers, wheelchairs, etc) and if your home can be changed to do so.  If you have the the fortitude to the on the task, I will tell you, it's not easy ( I took almost 3 months leave from my job to try and become my mother's caretaker, and had my two little boys with me at the time).  But a home full of love goes a long way to healing...and in the end, the decision will be yours together.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 01 20, 17, 10:57:29:PM » Reply

Jim, I have just been reading this thread and so sorry to know that your wife has been back in the hospital and it must have been very miserable for you both over the holidays.  I am so sorry and will be sure to include you in my prayers.  I see you were hopeful that she might be doing better and if so there would be a chance to bring her home.  Do you have an update on your wife improving?  I hope it will continue. I can only imagine what you must be going through.  Hang in there and you are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 02 08, 17, 06:52:22:PM » Reply

Good News. The Wife comes home this saturday after more than 2 months in the hospital. She went from possibly never coming home again because of the medical needs required, to coming home much better than how she went in. She could barely breath and barely walk. The doctors originally drained two liters of fluid (water) from around her lungs and heart. Then with meds worked to get her kidneys functioning again she lost even more fluid from her body to the point where actually lost 50 lbs. All of it water. I just can't imagine that.

And the physical ReHab has done wonders as well. Her oxygen needs are minimal and she hopes to get rid of the oxygen needs for most of the day so that she can untether herself from that oxygen line leash she's been on.. She walks a long way now. Well, long for her. She says she feels strong enough to hopefully return to driving herself. Something she hasn't done for several years. To get out of the house and become a bit more active again.

I'm exited for her, and selfishly I'm excited for me too since she claims she will be to take care of many of the things I had to do for her.

Come to think of it, she's been gone nearly all winter. Living totally alone was a pain in the ass. I can finally get rid of the ghosts.
This solitary confinement ends in 3 days and I can try to recover my sanity.  Or at least just a portion of it..   phew...
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 02 08, 17, 07:36:35:PM » Reply

That is such good news Jim and so happy for you.  It's been such a long haul for you both and it must have been very difficult. You have my very best wishes for her recovery to continue so that she can drive and take care of things, it will make her feel so good to be able to function normally.  Losing all that water weight makes such a difference to physical activity.  Now you can both look forward to enjoying life, good luck and all the best to you both.
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 02 10, 17, 02:15:31:PM » Reply

Disappointments seem to be never ending.I need some frikin valium or something. I went to the center today to start bringing home dirty clothing and personal items to make tomorrows trip home easier, just to find out she won't be coming home saturday as planned. Her kidney functions were not at a level comfortable for the doctors so they will be keeping her to do more tests, they will then re-evaluate her on Monday.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 02 10, 17, 02:32:54:PM » Reply

You must both be so disappointed and will pray for you that on Monday the Doctors will be satisfied when they test and re-evaluate your wife.  I guess it is good that they are being so careful and making sure your wife will not have any more problems when she gets home.  Hang in there Jim and try to relax whatever, it takes.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #11 on: 02 10, 17, 04:23:41:PM » Reply

That virtual vallium for you, Jim!! But what exciting news and all these improvements---yes when you think about it the long winter is ending and your Valentine will be home!! So happy for you two and the ghosts are getting the boot.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  Religion  |  Prayer List  |  Topic: My wife is back in the Hospital again
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About