Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 12:51:54:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662679 Posts in 298803 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump voter lost her home to new Treasury secretary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump voter lost her home to new Treasury secretary  (Read 87 times)
wvit1001

« on: 12 02, 16, 09:50:43:AM » Reply

When Donald Trump named his Treasury secretary, Teena Colebrook felt her heart sink.

She had voted for the president-elect on the belief that he would knock the moneyed elites from their perch in Washington, D.C. And she knew Trump's pick for Treasury_Steven Mnuchin_all too well.

OneWest, a bank formerly owned by a group of investors headed by Mnuchin, had foreclosed on her Los Angeles-area home in the aftermath of the Great Recession, stripping her of the two units she rented as a primary source of income.

"I just wish that I had not voted," said Colebrook, 59. "I have no faith in our government anymore at all. They all promise you the world at the end of a stick and take it away once they get in."

Less than a month after his presidential win, Trump's populist appeal has started to clash with a Cabinet of billionaires and millionaires that he believes can energize economic growth.

The prospect of Mnuchin leading the Treasury Department drew plaudits from many in the financial sector. A former Goldman Sachs executive who pivoted in the early 2000s to hedge fund management and movie production, he seemed an ideal emissary to Wall Street.

When asked on Wednesday about his credentials to be Treasury secretary, Mnuchin emphasized his time running OneWest_which not only foreclosed on Colebrook but also thousands of others in the aftermath of the housing crisis caused by sub-prime mortgages.

But the prospect of Mnuchin leading the Treasury Department prompted Colebrook and other OneWest borrowers who say they unfairly faced foreclosure to contact The Associated Press. Colebrook wishes she could meet with Trump to explain why she feels betrayed by his Cabinet selection after believing that his presidency could restore the balance of power to everyday people.

"He doesn't want the truth," she said. "He's now backing his buddies."

https://apnews.com/0f1305c8742547df9bcf978b2c15997c/Trump-voter-lost-her-home-to-new-Treasury-secretary
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 12 02, 16, 09:52:40:AM » Reply

captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #2 on: 12 02, 16, 10:01:21:AM » Reply

I've been waiting for more to come out about this guy Mnuchin

I heard part of a report on NPR about how he and his execs told a lot of their victims
      that they would be getting extensions on their foreclosed mortgages
      but not long afterward found out that their homes had been already sold at auction
      without their knowlege  - a lot of people were evicted
      after being told they would get a chance to refinance.

Mnuchin  personally made millions doing this.

Mnuchin is a predator - this is not good for Americans.

OneWest Bank pays 7 figures in mortgage fraud case - Cal Coast News
    https://calcoastnews.com/.../onewest-bank-pays-7-figures-mortgage-frau...

[LIST=1]
    Sep 11, 2013 -
    Greg and Irene Rigali of Shell Beach sued OneWest Bank, IndyMac Mortgage Services, U.S. Bank and GSR Loan Mortgage Trust after their home and a rental property in Grover Beach were foreclosed. ...

FRAUD! In Foreclosure Court Indymac/Onewest Doesn't Own Notes ...
    https://mattweidnerlaw.com/fraud-foreclosure-court-indymaconewest-do...

[LIST=1]
    Nov 21, 2016 -
    Fannie Mae, which owned Gudiel's mortgage and paid OneWest to ...

Like most other big banks, OneWest also had a robo-signing scandal.
    wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 12 02, 16, 10:12:58:AM » Reply

OneWest, the bank that Mnuchin and his partners founded during the collapse, actually tried to kick a 90-year-old woman out of her house over a measly $0.27.

After some confusion about her insurance coverage two years back, a subsidiary of OneWest sent Ossie Lofton, of Lakeland, Florida, a bill for $423.30. Lofton sent the bank a check for $423, and got another bill for the remaining $0.30. The woman–who, it’s worth emphasizing again here, is 90 years old–mailed in a check for $0.03.

The mix-up was enough to trigger foreclosure proceedings. Lawyers at the non-profit Florida Rural Legal Services asked the court for a jury trial.

It’s also worth emphasizing that as OneWest twisted an elderly woman’s arm over three pennies, Mnuchin cashed in bigly, taking home a reported $11 million paycheck after a pulling off a $3.4 billion merger last year with CIT Bank.

How’s that for draining the swamp?

DaBoz
    Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #4 on: 12 02, 16, 11:48:04:AM » Reply

You know that's a real shame and since you have so much concern, why don't you give them yours??
    DaBoz
    Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #5 on: 12 02, 16, 12:20:49:PM » Reply

Oh, did I strike a nerve??
    wxzyw
    "Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« Reply #6 on: 12 02, 16, 12:24:32:PM » Reply

One house lost... compared to the thousands lost under 0bama's reign?

I say that's a good beginning, don't you?
    chuck_curtis
    Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #7 on: 12 02, 16, 12:31:47:PM » Reply

She had voted for the president-elect on the belief that he would knock the moneyed elites from their perch in Washington, D.C. And she knew Trump's pick for Treasury_Steven Mnuchin_all too well.

She's not very smart, then, because Trump never promised that.  None of Trump's people are members of Obama and Clinton's swamp of commie crooked collectivists, however.
    captain_kook
    Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #8 on: 12 02, 16, 12:40:14:PM » Reply

"One house lost"... compared to the many in actuality - the real world

read the info about this guy and his business practices
    gwboolean

« Reply #9 on: 12 02, 16, 12:41:12:PM » Reply

Isn't it cool when assholes find that there are consequences?
    chuck_curtis
    Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #10 on: 12 02, 16, 12:41:55:PM » Reply

She blames the bank because she couldn't make her payments.   Sounds like a Clinton supporter to me.
    captain_kook

« Reply #11 on: 12 02, 16, 12:45:26:PM » Reply

chuck - read the info
    Pages: 1 2 Print 
     |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump voter lost her home to new Treasury secretary
    Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
    YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
    My Kiva Stats

Truth About
    Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory