Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 07:56:41:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662542 Posts in 298795 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Shades of the Titanic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Shades of the Titanic  (Read 791 times)
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« on: 08 18, 10, 09:33:23:PM » Reply

Todays Washington political scene for the party in power reminds me of the final scenes of the Titanic going down.  Every one scrambling in every direction trying to save their own ass
wralst
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 08 18, 10, 09:36:19:PM » Reply

Actually on the Titantic it was calm and orderly.

http://library.thinkquest.org/18626/NStories.html

This is why some people think that you are a doofus dope Max.
derhund
« Reply #2 on: 08 18, 10, 09:39:01:PM » Reply

They're going to find out how cold that water is in November when the voters toss them overboard!!

topgear
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 08 18, 10, 10:21:11:PM » Reply

Wally, did you even bother to read from the site you referred?  "Panic stricken" equals "orderly" in your world?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 08 18, 10, 10:27:02:PM » Reply

It was quite orderly, relatively speaking, in First Class.  They were notified personally, one by one, to evacuate.  Steerage was an "every man for himself" scenario.

Of course, the Titanic had a band.  oBUMBLER doesn't even have that.
Lysistrata
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 08 18, 10, 10:27:50:PM » Reply

And Buttryder is wishing he was in the back of the car with Leo. 
wralst
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 08 18, 10, 10:45:58:PM » Reply

I suppose some of you need to be read to

[JUSTIFY]Marshall Drew Eight-year-old traveling with his Aunt and Uncle[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY] [/JUSTIFY]

Al(l) was calm and orderly. An officer was in charge. ‘Women and children first,’ he said , as he directed lifeboat number 11 to be filled.

[JUSTIFY]Lawrence Beesley English Schoolmaster[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY]   "As I dressed, I heard the order shouted, ‘All the passengers on deck with life belts on.’ We all walked up slowly with the life belts tied on over our clothing, but even then we presumed that this was merely a wise precaution the captain was taking. The ship was absolutely still, and except for the gentle, almost unnoticeable, tilt downwards, there were no visible signs of the approaching disaster. But, in a few moments, we saw the covers being lifted from the boats and the covers being lifted from the boats and the crews allotted to them standing by and uncoiling the ropes, which were to lower them. We then began to realize that it was a more serious matter than we had at first supposed. Presently we heard the order, ‘All men stand back away from the boats. All ladies retire to the next deck below.’ The men all stood away and waited in absolute silence, some leaning against the end railings of the deck, others pacing slowly up and down. The boats were level with the deck where all the women were collected, the women got in quietly, with the exception of some, who refused to leave their husbands. In some cases they were torn from their husbands and pushed into the boats, but in many instances they were allowed to remain, since there was no-one to insist that they should go."[/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY] [/JUSTIFY]
[JUSTIFY] [/JUSTIFY]
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #7 on: 08 18, 10, 10:52:14:PM » Reply

Actually, wally I referred to the final "scenes", clearly implying the movie "Titanic".  Those scenes were definatly not orderly.

As is so common, you have slipped on the peel again trying to embarrass another poster just in order to make a pointed ad hominem.
wralst
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 08 18, 10, 11:00:58:PM » Reply

Not so Max.

I honestly disagreed with your assessment. All the accounts that I heard stated that the final scenes of the Titantic were calm and orderly with the band playing as she slipped under the waves, the men having sent off the women and children to be saved.

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #9 on: 08 19, 10, 12:16:39:AM » Reply

Duke John, much the same way "first class" is being taken care of today, eh?

topgear
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 08 19, 10, 06:13:25:AM » Reply

"Presently the  gigantic ship began to sink by the bows, and then those who had remained on board realized  the horror of their situation. Suddenly the lights went out and an immense clamor filled  the air in one supreme cry for help. Little by little the Titanic settled down, and for  three hours cries of anguish were heard. As moments the cries of terror were lulled and we  thought it was all over, but the next instant they were renewed in still keener accents.  As for is we did nothing but row, row, row to escape from the death cries."
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Shades of the Titanic
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About