Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:47:01:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653539 Posts in 297934 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Barney has an epiphany, apostrophe, or whatever.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Barney has an epiphany, apostrophe, or whatever....  (Read 694 times)
lakitss

« on: 08 18, 10, 12:30:14:PM » Reply

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_housing_frank

Gee Barn, ya think? A little late on the uptick. Yes Bush bailed them out first. I'm sure the experts all said it was the smart thing to do at the time.

That worked out well.
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #1 on: 08 18, 10, 12:31:38:PM » Reply

I don't blame Barney Frank for being upset, Freddie wanted to give him a blow job and Fannie Mae objected.
littleeye
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 08 18, 10, 12:39:07:PM » Reply

Wow! Even Barney must be worried about be booted out. Both of these mortgage cesspools should be eliminated.
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #3 on: 08 18, 10, 12:50:37:PM » Reply

In the Fox Business interview, Frank also was critical of public policy that promoted homeownership at any cost. He also said the federal government should not be a "backstop" in guaranteeing mortgages.

"There were people in this society who for economic and, frankly, social reasons can't and shouldn't be homeowners," Frank said. "I think we should, particularly, stop this assumption that you put everybody into homeownership."

"Public policy has been too much to try to push people into homeownership."

Talk about a MAJOR flip-flop. 
Baretta19

« Reply #4 on: 08 18, 10, 12:56:32:PM » Reply

September 11, 2003
The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.
Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Barney has an epiphany, apostrophe, or whatever....
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory