Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 04:08:23:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663493 Posts in 298882 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama: It's over 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Obama: It's over  (Read 1171 times)
tin_foil_hat
Honored Member

« on: 08 18, 10, 08:30:46:AM » Reply

[HIGHLIGHT=#NaNNaNNaN]
Q: Will Barack Obama be a one-term president?
A: Yes, he might last that long.

[HIGHLIGHT=#NaNNaNNaN]
Honest to goodness, the man just does not get it. He might be forced to pull a Palin and resign before his first term is over. He could go off and write his memoirs and build his presidential library. (Both would be half-size, of course.)
I am not saying Obama is not smart; he is as smart as a whip. I am just saying he does not understand what savvy first-term presidents need to understand:
You have to stay on message, follow the polls, listen to your advisers (who are writing the message and taking the polls) and realize that when it comes to doing what is right versus doing what is expedient, you do what is expedient so that you can get reelected and do what is right in the second term. If at all possible. And it will help your legacy. And not endanger the election of others in your party. And not hurt the brand. Or upset people too much.
[HIGHLIGHT=#NaNNaNNaN]

Recently, President Obama decided he had to weigh in on the controversy surrounding the proposed construction of a Muslim community center and mosque near ground zero in New York.
It is a controversy Obama could have ducked (he had been doing so for weeks), but he finally decided he needed to lend his voice and the weight of the presidency to speaking out for what is right.
So on Friday night, he said: “As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country. That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan in accordance with local laws and ordinances.”
See what I mean about not getting it?
John Feehery, a Republican consultant, told Sheryl Gay Stolberg of The New York Times, “This is not a unifying decision on his part; he chose a side. I understand why he did this, but politically I think it’s a blunder.”
You could not put the conventional wisdom more clearly: It is far better for a president to do nothing than to choose a side. Even if the side he chooses is the right one from an ethical or moral perspective, it is a “blunder” politically because inevitably it will upset some people.
The problem for Obama is that he appears to have taken seriously all the “change” stuff he promised during his campaign. And he has been unable to make the transition from candidate to president.

cont....

<!--/.story-text-->
<!--/.story-wrapper -->

Read more: [COLOR=#003399 href=http]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41134.html#ixzz0wxaF7yaF
[/URL][/COLOR][/HIGHLIGHT]

Read more: [COLOR=#003399 href=http]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41134.html#ixzz0wxZzNGY5[/COLOR][/COLOR][/HIGHLIGHT]

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41134.html#ixzz0wxZlK100[/COLOR]][COLOR=#003399 href=http]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41134.html#ixzz0wxZlK100[/COLOR][/COLOR][/HIGHLIGHT]
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 08 18, 10, 08:36:30:AM » Reply

there is no "side" in the muslim community center, which will also contain a basketball court, a culinary school, and a prayer center.....they own private property, they want to build a community center, there is absolutely no reason for them not to go ahead.  there is no controversy. 
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 08 18, 10, 08:37:40:AM » Reply

There are several instances where it appears Obama is pandering to Islamic Extremists.

Is there a word to describe giving aid and comfort to the enemy?
tin_foil_hat
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 08 18, 10, 08:38:46:AM » Reply

Riiiiight!
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #4 on: 08 18, 10, 08:41:55:AM » Reply

you are actually saying every muslim in the world is our enemy?  do you know fucking stupid that makes you, asshole?  here is one muslim that bush had a crush on...

[attachment deleted by admin]
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 08 18, 10, 08:44:55:AM » Reply

It may be over for the mosque in NY.
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 08 18, 10, 09:06:24:AM » Reply

There are several instances where it appears Obama is pandering to Islamic Extremists.

Is there a word to describe giving aid and comfort to the enemy?

Yeah, well, Muslims aren't the enemy radical extremists in Iraq and Afghanistan are the enemy -- destroyers of the Constitution in this country, like the Republicans who got the misnamed Patriot Act rammed through.

AND by running down the President and showing extreme division with him and your fellow citizens, and your willingness to even suggest things like assassination, you Right-Wingers give aid and comfort to the real enemies of our country everyday.
lakitss

« Reply #7 on: 08 18, 10, 11:14:10:AM » Reply

Yeah, whatever 13.

Bush did what needed doing. Some group, some where will always find fault with something. Lefty's are always against any war no matter what, unless their president is in charge.

Our economy is linked with Saudi Arabia, China, Japan etc, whether anyone likes it or not. Even Barry understands that radical elements within any group do not reflect the group as a whole. Muslims in America were in tears when 9-11 happened just like the rest of the world. 

A mosque WILL be built somewhere I have no doubt. The question is why so close, and just how many do you need?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama: It's over
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About