Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 01:13:51:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660957 Posts in 298643 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Emily & BHS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Emily & BHS  (Read 1317 times)
daw_jr
Honored Member

« on: 08 18, 10, 09:13:27:AM » Reply

You've both stated you're independent with statements like this:

Maybe a little more thought and communication with all sides should have happened so a workable solution could have been arrived at before irreparable damage was done resulting in the hyperbole we are witnessing today from extremists on both sides.

You've criticized me and others, by name, for being on the "left", i.e....

I don't think you are being particularly straight up with that statement Daw.   From what I perceive of your one-sidedness, it is 100% left wing, no matter what their policy is and 100% against right wing. and this your coffee klatch discussions with Cheryl, Julianne, Kook etc. on this Board you know "how nasty, mean and evil they all are".

But, something puzzles me. I've yet to see (not that the posts aren't there but I haven't seen one) either one of you criticize the posters on the right, by name or by group, with specifics. Why would that be? If you're truly independent, shouldn't you have specifics to point out to people like takn, snq, df, and the host of others when they post their far right views that don't fit with your "centrist" views? With all the disgusting, vile, vulgar posts made by posters on the right, daboz in particular, I never saw, even an implication, that you thought those views were extremely, extreme. You never called any of them out by name, but you've called me and others out and you gave specifics.

Could it be you're not really independent? Could it be because you don't think those people on the right would be civil with you, if you personally criticized them? Do you think they would call you some nasty names and say some pretty disgusting, vulgar comments? You feel OK criticizing me and others you mentioned because you feel confident we won't call you nasty names and use disgusting vulgarity and have a civil discourse and the right won't respect you and do the same?

Obviously you don't have to respond to this, and unlike those posters on the right, I won't, childishly, accuse you of running away and hiding because you don't immediately respond (because I know people aren't glued to their computers and some of us do have jobs). But to just put it simply, why do you single out the left, by name, with your criticism of partisanship, but you have yet to call out the right, by name, with specifics?
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #1 on: 08 18, 10, 09:29:19:AM » Reply

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/18/2010-08-18_focus_on_zadroga_bill_bam_mosque_site_not_an_issue_911_heroes_fume.html
caserio1

« Reply #2 on: 08 18, 10, 10:52:43:AM » Reply

a very well thought out and fair letter, daw

but

I'm afraid that being conciliatory towards the right or their followers the self described independents is an excercise in futility

one cannot defend a position of nastiness without being nasty
cheryl1118
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 08 18, 10, 11:19:31:AM » Reply

Daw

good luck in  trying to have a grownup discussion with TeaBaggers disguised as independents who visit this forum.  Maybe BHS, who claims to be an independant, yet cheered when that crazy Sine posted a Teabag Barbie.  You cannot reason with people who believe in Beck and Palin's intelligence. 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 08 18, 10, 12:23:07:PM » Reply

Cheryl's reply to you daw is exactly why I won't justify any more my position.  No matter what my voter registration says - in your eyes, according to Cheryl - I am a teabagger/republican/rightwinger!  Caserio underlined that too!  I am conservative in my views - but not an extremist.

I called out DaBoz when he was on here and also Beavis for very inappropriate remarks - I am sure you missed it.  I have also never provided a link to anything that Glenn Beck has stated and only stood up for Sarah Palin when I watched her self destruct with great help from the left - she seems to have recovered from that.  When you go on a bender of bashing the right and self admittedly 100% hatred of them - what do you expect in return?

I cannot speak for bhs, but I will say that she is never rude and from her posts I would say that she is a thoroughly decent person who gives her opinion in a straightforward manner and to indicate that she is a liar is just ignorant!

Maybe I don't get flack from the right because I don't systematically bash them anymore than I do the left.  I really don't care.

I am only on here for a couple of minutes - you are right daw, I don't live on here - I have a volunteer job, an exuberant new rescue dog, a husband who likes my company and a family who I stay in touch with on a daily basis.  I have to go.
daw_jr
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 08 18, 10, 12:42:05:PM » Reply

You're right, Emily, I missed those posts where you called out the others. Did you call out takn when she talked about it not being her fault if I, and others, didn't have health insurance, or snq when she made her remarks about Catholics (as a group) and then turned around and criticized someone because she said they spoke in absolutes, or william when she tried to imply the US military shooter was indicative of all muslims? I must have missed those, too.

I've said many, many times... I don't hate anyone. Not tolerate and speak out, you bet your bottom dollar.

I guess you don't understand the difference between my intolerance and the intolerance from the right. I can't tolerate and have no place in my life for people for WHAT they are when they show intolerance of people simploy for WHO they are.

People don't have a choice to be WHO they are, but they have a choice to be WHAT they are. IMHO, a huge difference, but one you must not be able to understand.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 08 18, 10, 03:14:01:PM » Reply

LOL, I'm sure someone would have "called me out" if I had said that...

But when you twist what people say, or attribute other's words to someone incorrectly,  then you are the one at fault daw...

Blinders are on sale somewhere and it would seem that those who have a problem or opposition to others will only see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and believe me daw, there have been just as many VILE posts by the left that none of you do anything about, so you are part of the problem as well !

daw_jr
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 08 18, 10, 04:08:49:PM » Reply

LOL, I'm sure someone would have "called me out" if I had said that...

But when you twist what people say, or attribute other's words to someone incorrectly,  then you are the one at fault daw...

Do you REALLY want me to post that again?Huh? You denied it before and when I found a post where you did, in fact say that, (not to me, but to someone else) you asked me why I didn't send it in a private message. You did say that to me on the excite board, but I was able to find one on this forum of you saying the exact same thing to someone else. Maybe the years of making fun of old people is getting back at you because your mind is acting senile. Karma can be a bitch.

Blinders are on sale somewhere and it would seem that those who have a problem or opposition to others will only see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and believe me daw, there have been just as many VILE posts by the left that none of you do anything about, so you are part of the problem as well !

I only post on this board. I rarely look at the other boards because there is too much garbage. I only know the handle of a few posters and I don't know who is who. One of the nuts here accused me of lying when I stated that before.

I have not seen one poster on the right, on this board, (I'm being fair and calling emily and bhs independents like they call themselves) who has not shown an extreme mean spirit, vulgarity, constant lying, baseless, far-out accusations and a host of other actions that I don't see from the left on this board. If there have been posts from the left like what I see from the right, they have to be atypical or I would see them more often.

On the other hand, I can just about predict what a post is going to consist of by the handle of the poster. Completely predictable.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Emily & BHS
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About