Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:42:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653438 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Palm Beach Sheriffs Office Imam: An insensitive idea 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Palm Beach Sheriffs Office Imam: An insensitive idea  (Read 2599 times)
julianne
Honored Member

Initial Impressions Matter

« on: 08 17, 10, 08:56:28:PM » Reply

Dear Sheriff Ric Bradshaw:

First of all, I want to make it clear that it's your right to make room for the first Muslim chaplain in the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

We proudly live in the land of the free, and that includes the freedom of people to practice their religion, or in some cases, none at all. So, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you don't have the right to include Imam C.B. Hanif among the 25 members of the clergy who give comfort to your officers.

But did you have to do it? Isn't that being insensitive?

Please reconsider this brash action.

As you undoubtedly know, Palm Beach County is hallowed ground for retired New Yorkers.

So wouldn't it be more appropriate if the sheriff's office in say, Sebring or Palatka, became the home of an Islamic chaplain?

Why in Palm Beach County, of all places?

Are you looking to have another "Mosque at Ground Zero" controversy on your hands?

OK, I know, it's actually an Islamic Cultural Center, and it's not at Ground Zero, but actually at the site of an old Burlington Coat Factory two blocks away in lower Manhattan.

But for political purposes, it's a mosque at Ground Zero, and useful fodder for whipping up timely election-season hysteria.
Shouldn't you be more sensitive to this, Sheriff Bradshaw?

I know Hanif is a solid guy. I used to work with him. He's a terrific choice.

But that's beside the point. Shouldn't you be more concerned with making bigots feel justified by showing deference to their delusions?

continued........
julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 08 17, 10, 08:58:03:PM » Reply

Here's a taste of what I'm talking about, a comment from a reader posted on this newspaper's Web site in reaction to the story announcing Hanif's inclusion among your chaplains:

"That evil so-called 'religion' should be barred from the US, and ALL Muslims, regardless of their job, etc., should be deported from our country! That is the only way we are ever going to truly protect ourselves, instead of punishing all citizens of the country for these evil people! Does Hanif beat his wife, and make her cover head to toe, etc., like all Muslims do? If so, that is classified as domestic abuse in this state!"

You have an opportunity to fan these flames of ignorance and hatred. By reconsidering your inclusion of Hanif you can play a vital role in the national effort to perpetuate the useful propaganda that the 9/11 attacks by a small band of Muslim extremists were actually attacks on America by a world religion that's practiced by nearly a quarter of the Earth's population, including several million Americans.

This is no time for reason, Sheriff Bradshaw. Only sensitivity that serves a political purpose.

Muslims just happen to be one of the scapegoats during this election cycle.

It used to be that it was enough just to thump on the gays every election year. But we've added the brown menace from south of the border this year, and for good measure, tossed the whole Islamic religion on the pile. Extreme measures for tough times are necessary.

Let's face it, Republicans can't run on their economic record of the past eight years, or their disastrous military adventurism. The best they can do is take cover under the tea party pseudonym and bank on their growing collection of scapegoats.

So please, Sheriff Ric, show them a little more sensitivity.

~frank_cerabino@pbpost.com

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cerabino-pbso-imam-an-insensitive-idea-864392.html
julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 08 17, 10, 09:00:11:PM » Reply

C.B. Hanif stands inside Muslim Community of Palm Beach County mosque in West Palm Beach Sunday morning, Aug. 12, 2010. Hanif has just been named the first Muslim chaplain of the Palm Beach county Sheriff's Office.

sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #3 on: 08 17, 10, 09:18:23:PM » Reply

Does Hanif beat his wife, and make her cover head to toe, etc., like all Muslims do? If so, that is classified as domestic abuse in this state!

See how easy it is for libturds here like Julianne to excuse this type of behavior and then to have the nerve to denigrate my actions when I challenge them to assimilate or leave?

I guess I can understand this type of subjegation of women is big in the fetish world of sex.  But to publically displaying women covered head to toe in black flaunting their subjegation and domination like a dog on a leash is just terribly wrong, and those that can't see that are horribly corrupted.

Then, it gets even worse, then ....

... you get the honor killing crowd to ad to the Mohd merriment!  Shheeeesh!

willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #4 on: 08 17, 10, 09:32:48:PM » Reply

Julie - this is over the top absurd and a blatant deflectory aside to the separated out controversy in regard to Muslims and their desire to place a Mosque (not a Islamic Learning Center) at or near as they can to Ground Zero.

The last progressive laugh is on you, hon. As Obama himself is back tracking on his "courageous" statements. And U.S. Senate President Harry Reid is unabashedly dismissing the whole MOSQUE at Ground Zero ideation. As we all should be.

Reid is spot on in regard to this one. I must admit.

Don't" like" me saying so - read Reid's own lips. And grow up, Julie.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-seize-ground-mosque-campaign-issue/story?id=11411490

About time you progressive revisionists did.
julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 08 17, 10, 09:33:11:PM » Reply

Sine, considering that you don't know diddly squat about the Imam referenced in the article, thanks for proving what a bigot you really are.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #6 on: 08 17, 10, 09:33:53:PM » Reply

HonorKillings
Every year around the world an increasing number of women are killed in the name  of.    

www.amnestyusa.org/violence-against-women/stop-violence-agai...    

\

Honor Killing ” Dad Secretly Taped Girls...

Aug 6, 2010 ... On New Year's Day 2008, two Texas teenagers Amina and Sarah Said were shot dead,  their bloodied.    

One monkey don't stop no show, girl !!!
Thanks for proving what an ignoramus YOU are!   Hahaha!

julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 08 17, 10, 09:35:23:PM » Reply

Muslim and Arab Republicans Take Issue With G.O.P. on Mosque

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/17/muslim-and-arab-republicans-take-issue-with-g-o-p-on-mosque/
julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 08 17, 10, 09:42:31:PM » Reply

Important excerpt from the link I just posted......

While some in our party have recently conceded the constitutional argument, they are now arguing that it is insensitive, intolerant and unacceptable to locate the center at the present location: “Just because they have the right to do so – does not make it the right thing to do” they say. Many of these individuals are objecting to the location as being too close to the Ground Zero site and voicing the understandable pain and anguish of the 9-11 families who lost loved ones in this horrible tragedy. In expressing compassion and understanding for these families, we are asking ourselves the following: if two blocks is too close, is four blocks acceptable? or six blocks? or eight blocks? Does our party believe that one can only practice his/her religion in certain places within defined boundaries and away from the disapproving glances of some citizens? Should our party not be standing up and taking a leadership role– just like President Bush did after 9-11 – by making a clear distinction between Islam, one of the great three monotheistic faiths along with Judaism and Christianity, versus the terrorists who committed the atrocities on 9-11 and who are not only the true enemies of America but of Islam as well? President Bush struck the right balance in expressing sympathy for the families of the 9-11 victims while making it absolutely clear that the acts committed on 9-11 were not in the name of Islam. We are hoping that our party leaders can do the same now – especially at a time when it is greatly needed.

While we share the desire of all in our party to be successful in the November elections, we cannot support victory at the expense of the U.S. Constitution or the Arab and Muslim community in America. As President Lincoln so eloquently stated in his famous speech: “a house divided against itself cannot stand.”

As proud and patriotic Americans, we are grateful for all the rights our U.S. citizenship allows us, and we will always do our best to not only protect our rights but the rights of all others as well. May God Bless our nation, our freedoms, and our party.
willam

« Reply #9 on: 08 17, 10, 10:00:55:PM » Reply

Come on Julie - opportunistic ill advised Muslims screwed the pooch in New York City and thought our president, their mayor and the U.S. Senate Head would go along for the MOSQUE at Ground Zero ride.

Turns out at least two of the three they hoped would be easily leveraged in regard to a MOSQUE being built at Ground Zero (not a Islamic Learning Center) are not exactly lined up and willingly going along - for the "ride".

Until and if the Muslim people themselves congregate as a people and get their stories straight. Are they peaceful or are they terrorists. Are they loving and kind and inclusive and pure - or are they shielded away in sects and cells integrating themselves in our country and recruiting others in ever increasing numbers - plotting and planning to do the express opposite of honor our country, the express opposite of being kind and respectful to all Americans and the express oppostite of showing respect for this nation's Constitution.

Some Muslim's are very really planning out and intent on perpetrating very real harm toward innocent undeserving Americans of all religious faiths, ethnicities and races. From inside this nation's borders. And you know so. We ARE a nation at war against Muslim terrorists, in case you forgot.

Grow up, Julie.

julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 08 17, 10, 10:13:31:PM » Reply

lm oregon, instead of telling me to grow up, I suggest that you go back to your idea of promoting wood burning stoves to power air conditioners since that is just as irrational as the rest of your rants.
willam

« Reply #11 on: 08 17, 10, 10:25:54:PM » Reply

instead of admitting she was wrong and humbling herself by that TRUTH, julie abandons all pretense of measured commenting on here and goes for a lowly deflectory personal remark.

Nice going, middle school mentalitied Julie. Real nice.... and totally off point. So much for owning a damned thing, Julie. You hurt me, hon. You really hurt me. Wahhhhhhhhhhh. Right.

Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Palm Beach Sheriffs Office Imam: An insensitive idea
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory