Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 08:36:54:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660570 Posts in 298602 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Obama's remarks courageous...Not 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Obama's remarks courageous...Not  (Read 1727 times)
n1te-stalker
Honored Member

never look back you're past may be catching up

« on: 08 17, 10, 06:42:51:PM » Reply

Some people called Obama's remarks courageous. They were not.

Courage would have been getting up at that Ramadan dinner and saying that even though they had a right to build a mosque on that spot, they should show sensitivity to the victims' families by doing it elsewhere. It also would have taken courage for Obama to admit, after the heat was on, that he was endorsing the mosque. Instead, Obama took the coward's way out in both cases.

Ironically, he also unintentionally elevated the Ground Zero mosque debate into a national issue in a way that no one else could have. Because Obama opened his big yap, Democrats across America are finding it much more difficult to tactfully ignore the whole debacle. Now, they either have to speak, and infuriate the reactionary Left, which wants to defile Ground Zero because conservatives oppose it, or they have to take an incredibly unpopular stand on an emotional issue less than 3 months before an election.

Harry Reid apparently decided that discretion was the better part of valor,
 The 1st Amendment protects freedom of religion. Sen. Reid respects that, but thinks that the mosque should be built someplace else. -- Reid assistant Jim Manley explains Harry Reid's position on the Ground Zero Mosque There are now more Democrats in Congress speaking out against the mosque. Some of them are even quite vehement about it,
 They have a constitutional right to build this, but with rights come responsibilities. Building a mosque near Ground Zero is insensitive, an affront to the victims of 9/11, and it lacks respect for the general public’s feelings. I think another location should be chosen. -- Rep. Michael Arcuri (D., N.Y.) So, are Harry Reid, Michael Arcuri, & the other Democrats who are now speaking out hateful bigots who despise Muslims? That's certainly what they said about conservatives who opposed the mosque, for exactly the same stated reasons. I guess that nothing matters but the party label to these liberal parrots who don't know how to argue other than by shouting "racism" over and over again.
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #1 on: 08 17, 10, 06:55:22:PM » Reply

Harry Reid calls this mosque a MOSQUE?

Well at least as he is heading out the door into the bright light of post elected officer there is a singular moment of truth and clarity from him.

As he suggests this mosque or any other should be built somewhere else. Where peaceful ball playing in the name of all Community Seeking Muslims and "community center" activities that are so importantly solely to Muslims can be accessed.

Or whatever.

captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #2 on: 08 17, 10, 07:11:48:PM » Reply

Harry Reid calls this mosque a MOSQUE?

Harry Reid has not been quoted at all.

His press guy said something
n1te-stalker
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 08 17, 10, 07:21:50:PM » Reply

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/08/17/sen_harry_reid_build_ny_mosque_someplace_else.html
Hey Captain the news said Sen. Reid Said... look at the video
willam

« Reply #4 on: 08 17, 10, 07:28:27:PM » Reply

Can I call Capt. Kook a predictable revisionist progressive now? I believe I have the right to do so - based on Kook's own attempt at deflection.

Instead of a lightbulb going off in supposed to be intellectual and independent enough a thinker to figure it all out for himsel Kook's head - he defers to automatic dial deflection and denial. Fool....

n1te-stalker
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 08 17, 10, 08:14:10:PM » Reply

Building a mosque on that spot is extraordinarily offensive and would be the biggest victory for radical Islam since 9/11. When liberals support radical Islam, they disempower moderate Muslims. There are plenty of Muslim immigrants in this country who came here to get away from radicalism. Now liberals want to help it follow them here in the name of "tolerance?" Tolerance and sensitivity are a two way street. You can't spit in people's faces by building a celebratory mosque at 9/11 and then credibly claim you want to "build bridges" to the community. Even a liberal should be able to understand that. They should also understand that moderate Muslims who genuinely do want to "build bridges" to the community don't want to be lumped in with Hamas-loving bad guys like Faisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the Ground Zero Mosque.
willam

« Reply #6 on: 08 17, 10, 08:24:17:PM » Reply

Well stated nlte-stalker. All of it.
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #7 on: 08 17, 10, 08:36:14:PM » Reply

In a statement issued by his spokesman, Jim Manley, Reid came out against the building of the Islamic center.

"The First Amendment protects freedom of religion," Manley wrote in an e-mail.

"Senator Reid respects that, but thinks that the mosque should be built someplace else."

He added: "If the Republicans are being sincere, they would help us pass this long overdue bill to help the first responders whose health and livelihoods have been devastated because of their bravery on 9/11, rather than continuing to block this much-needed legislation."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/08/harry-reid-weighs-in-on-ny-mos.html

I know - Reid approved the statement. And Manley called it a "mosque."
So you get to put a point up on the board.

It IS NOT a mosque.

Manley - and Reid, if he used the word "mosque",  is mistaken at best.

It is NOT A MOSQUE

and Reid and his press guy are WRONG.

But he hasn't gone to a mic to be quoted directly - and I'll bet he will not.

sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #8 on: 08 17, 10, 09:01:06:PM » Reply

Sure kooky, everyone else is wrong but you!

willam

« Reply #9 on: 08 17, 10, 09:17:02:PM » Reply

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-seize-ground-mosque-campaign-issue/story?id=11411490

Mosque it is - so the head of the party in our U.S Senate said. Or you can log onto ABCnews.com and call ABC news liars.

Eat those words, Kook - because he said it. And obviously he meant it. And worse for you empty headed progressives that choose to never critique your own party leaders,  is your own president is backtracking on his position. As usual.

Don't believe me or nlte-stalker - believe what you hear from ABC itself.

Not a easy issue or an uncomplicated one. I, for one appreciate U.S. Senate Chairperson Harry Reid openly admitting as much when he looked the cameras in the eye and truthfully stated this mosque should be built elsewhere.

Even Obama is wish washy backtracking on his "courageous" statement. And he is the Commander in Chief of our very real and very necessary war against Muslim terrorist enemy entities - along with multiple other allied nations fighting the very same identified international terrorist entity. Think about that for a minute your spineless dems.

Can we just admit the hypocritical absurdity of progressives screwing the pooch on this mosque backing or what? Sheez. Uhn er Islamic educational center, my goodness gracious no. Not in intent and purpose and spirit and you all know so - until the American people starting standing up and saying NO.

No way. No how. Seems as though the American public has more of a backbone than our own not so courageous President and Commander in Chief. During war time.
caserio1

« Reply #10 on: 08 17, 10, 10:36:15:PM » Reply

they have  right and now a duty to build that building

there is no way they can back down now and they have my 100% support
willam

« Reply #11 on: 08 17, 10, 11:57:23:PM » Reply

A duty to do so at the site of ground zero?

A duty?

Who are you, case? Really.

And to support as much with 100 percent of your fattened up retired public servant origressive/revisionist mentality? Wow...

Even the President of the United States is stepping back from his "courageous" statements and admitting he went too far. Way toooo far. But you, case - consider it a Muslim duty to pursue a mosque on the site of ground zero?

Good Lord, literally....

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Obama's remarks courageous...Not
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats