Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:00:02:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Muslim-Americans served in US military in many wars 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Muslim-Americans served in US military in many wars  (Read 4419 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #12 on: 08 17, 10, 06:03:40:PM » Reply

What's next on the agenda of those who express so much disdain for Muslims........digging up the graves of the Muslims who are buried at the hallowed ground in Arlington National Cemetary who died in service to this great country and throwing their bodies in garbage dumps?

Julianne, I have NO doubt there are some twisted people who would probably do just that and have not one iota of guilt doing it.

I say this a lot "They think God loves them best", but what else could possibly give people the feeling that they can express their intolerance so loudly and proudly and think there is some reason that excuses their need, desire, want, necessity to show intolerance. In their minds, it's OK.

They feel no guilt because they think they're right. And what makes them feel they're right in their exclusion, other than to feel they're superior.

Number 1 (Julianne)  - the first paragraph - a hypothetical scenario that you paint - is outrageous and an insult to any decent person that has the audacity, in your mind, to think differently from you. 

Number 2 (daw) - I read this and shake my head in amazement at some of the statements you come up with about the dreadful "they" - the all encompassing "they".  "They" in your mind are anyone and everybody that might disagree with or think differently from you - which is not an option - right?  From this very statement that you make, does it ever occur to you that you, yourself, have shown superiority and intolerance towards anyone who does not fit into your agenda?   How much hate do you generate in your posts?   You might want to take a deep breath and realize that there are two sides to most arguments and that at least 50% of people with opposing views to yours are coming from the point of frustration and do, in actual fact, have minds of their own!

Everything over these past few days comes back to the proposed building of the Mosque near ground zero.  If it is not agreed with then accusations of disdain for the Muslims are hurled at the offender.   How about the actual victims of 9/11 which includes (I know) 300 Muslims.   Do you have disdain for the other 2,700 odd victims that do not want to see this built?  Where is your tolerance for them.   

Maybe a little more thought and communication with all sides should have happened so a workable solution could have been arrived at before irreparable damage was done resulting in the hyperbole we are witnessing today from extremists on both sides.
caserio1

« Reply #13 on: 08 17, 10, 06:15:39:PM » Reply

good work emily:

terrible hyperbole from both sides so juli should make the adjustment

the sad part is you don't even realize what you said
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #14 on: 08 17, 10, 06:38:18:PM » Reply

And case does nothing, not one thing, to bolster daw's twisted and meritless protestations. Thems the facts.

We are who we are in this nation. Not so complex if we look ourselves critically and crucially in the mirror and OWN IT. American citizen by American citizen. Instead of trying surreally to wish it away and revise it all. As if that will stand the test of objective historical scrutiny.

During war time being waged against a very real and determined enemy terorrist entity and a cruel economic downturn that shows NO END. And is only tanking us worse as Obama tries to bury his head further in the sand and ignore it all. And I mean ALL. 

Don't shoot me for truthfully stating as much.

daw_jr
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: 08 17, 10, 06:49:09:PM » Reply

Number 2 (daw) - I read this and shake my head in amazement at some of the statements you come up with about the dreadful "they" - the all encompassing "they".  "They" in your mind are anyone and everybody that might disagree with or think differently from you - which is not an option - right?  From this very statement that you make, does it ever occur to you that you, yourself, have shown superiority and intolerance towards anyone who does not fit into your agenda?   How much hate do you generate in your posts?   You might want to take a deep breath and realize that there are two sides to most arguments and that at least 50% of people with opposing views to yours are coming from the point of frustration and do, in actual fact, have minds of their own!

Emily, what part of the word SOME don't you understand? I will say it again, I don't doubt there are SOME who would do just that and absolute NOT feel one bit of regret. Not one. Don't tell me you don't think there are people in this country who wouldn't do that. There are people in this country who would still be lynching black people if they could get away with it. Don't think for one second there aren't. And, there are many of them in the south. It's no coincidence the south turned republican after the civil rights movement in the 1960's. No coincidence at all.

You're right, I am absolutely intolerant of the ignorance and ugliness shown on this board from people who show their absolute contempt for people who were born with a different skin color or a last name that isn't anglo, or born with hormones different than theirs. The minute these babies take their first breath, there are people in this country who have intolerance for them, immediately!  And, add to that list religion that is not protestant. I am intolerant of their agenda, an agenda which is feeling superior because they consider themselves to be a more "pure" or more "real" American than the rest. They feel entitled and don't tell me they don't.

You probably came to this country thinking it's the wonderful, shiny, mom & apple pie and everyone is treated fairly, Ozzie & Harriet country. Well, it's not. And, if you can't see that from the hatred expressed for people because of the way they were born or which religion they practice or don't practice, from posters on this board, you are blind.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #16 on: 08 17, 10, 07:00:22:PM » Reply

Caserio - I know exactly what I said.  I meant both sides.  It is sad that you don't see how one-sided you are like some others here.
willam

« Reply #17 on: 08 17, 10, 07:06:46:PM » Reply

daw - all you contributed in that spewing opinion piece of yours was your opinion. In case you thought diferently of yourself. And your words of choice.

Would that you had contributed something SUBSTANTIVE in the manner of exposing whether or not discourse is occuring critically and crucially in the American Muslim community about it all. All across this land. Not just in New York City.

No community center is needed for any of that. Or mosque. Time's up for Muslims in this country expecting to tow the line of not calling out to terrorists in their religion's midst targetting and murdering innocent persons - solely because they determine they deserve to die.

In their offices, in airliners flying across this nation. Anywhere free people in this nation choose to be. That no Muslim has any right to wish harm upon - or act terroristically against. And very really harm. Killing wrongfully in this nation other Muslims, Jews, Christians, etc.
daw_jr
Honored Member

« Reply #18 on: 08 17, 10, 07:18:20:PM » Reply

Emily, I'll admit I'm one-sided. I'm 100% for tolerance of people who are not white, anglo/saxon, protestant and straight and who are breaking no laws, and I'm 100% against people who trash them simply for how they were born or their religion.

AND, I'M DAMN PROUD TO BE 100% FOR ONE GROUP AND 100% AGAINST THE OTHER.

And, io, as usual you make no sense. Am I understanding that you think all muslims want to kill everyone and therefore no community center is needed for any of that? You make no sense at all.
julianne
Honored Member

Initial Impressions Matter

« Reply #19 on: 08 17, 10, 07:21:15:PM » Reply

Emily, in light of the fact that I distinctly remember some of the extreme far right wingers on the old Iwon board complaining about the Muslim symbol of the Crescent and Star being allowed to be engraved on the tombstones at Arlington National Cemetary, my comment is not as far fetched as "you" seem to think.
willam

« Reply #20 on: 08 17, 10, 07:42:01:PM » Reply

Dismiss and deny instead of articulate how it is I "make no sense". How disappoininting, daw.  After all YOUR head dem in the U.S. Senate - Harry Reid - says to build the mosque somewhere else.
Is it perhaps Reid you have issues with - for daring to truthfully discuss this issue. Or little ole me - who you dismissively call out to but all in all cannot quite articulate expressly how it is I make no "sense"?

Daw - just not liking all of our reality is not the same as wishing it were, all in all, rainbows and unicorns floating all around America inclusive of only peaceful worshipping Christians, Jews and Muslims. Or whatever it is you are "articulating"....

You know because you are an "intellect" that this country and this world is a far more complicated MESS than that simple "dream" country of ours.
daw_jr
Honored Member

« Reply #21 on: 08 17, 10, 08:06:55:PM » Reply

Again, io, I don't know what you're trying to say.

Is it to say that I think life should be unicorns and rainbows? No, I just wish for a country where a person is judged for the person they are and not the group of people they're lumped in with because of birth or the religion they choose, if one at all. You know, the principles this country was supposed to be founded on.

Just like you have lumped all Muslims into a group who want too kill everyone. Like trying to make your point that all muslims must be bad because that one major in the US military shot people. (The Major in Tx that you said happened because President Obamba ignored it when it was actually the bush admin that did that.)

At least I think that's what you said and I can't try to decipher another one tonight.
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 08 17, 10, 08:09:54:PM » Reply

SO FUCKING WHAT!!! JAPANESE SERVED IN THE US ARMY DURING WW2 BUT WE AIN'T BUILDING A FRIGGIN SHINTO TEMPLE AT PEARL HARBOR!!!
julianne
Honored Member

Initial Impressions Matter

« Reply #23 on: 08 17, 10, 08:20:31:PM » Reply

There is a Japanese Cultural Center in Honolulu.......

http://jcch.com/default.asp

Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Muslim-Americans served in US military in many wars
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory