Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 01:49:50:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653663 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: George H.W. Bush Letter to Bill Clinton 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: George H.W. Bush Letter to Bill Clinton  (Read 72 times)
justincase

« on: 10 20, 16, 10:23:37:PM » Reply

Why can't it be like this again?  We have let politics tear this country apart.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/you-will-be-our-president-a-moment-of-sanity-in-american-politics/339327289

On a day when the political landscape seems to be filled with negativity, an image came across our desk here at WFAA of a letter that President George H. W. Bush wrote for President Bill Clinton on his first day in office.

The letter sets a tone, regardless of disagreements they may have had, of comradery in each other.

We took this letter to the streets of Dallas and had our viewers weigh in on how it made them feel.

“This is what is lost in our political recourse these days,” local student Clint Davis remarked, “I wish we could get back to this.”

“It’s a lot classier rapport than we have going on right now,” said Taylor Ellis, a barista at Murray St. Coffee Shop in Deep Ellum.

“When Obama comes into office and whoever is elected comes into office, I would expect it to go just as smooth.” said Chad Armstrong.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/you-will-be-our-president-a-moment-of-sanity-in-american-politics/339327289
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #1 on: 10 20, 16, 10:53:36:PM » Reply

We can't have civil discourse when thugs are in power who ignore our laws and step on our rights.  It's simply not possible.  The nature of actions of people in power are anything but civil.   It's not a matter of harmless disagreement, but of real, coercive harm to real people.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #2 on: 10 20, 16, 11:00:10:PM » Reply

And yet you Repocons elected a thug as your candidate.

How can we be civil with a thug like Trump stomping around making a fool of himself?
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #3 on: 10 20, 16, 11:03:07:PM » Reply

I wonder if this little nugget was in the letter?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HexRe1pCMeU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/HexRe1pCMeU</a>
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 10 20, 16, 11:11:17:PM » Reply

I'm relieved to see my anger coming out of Trump's mouth.  I expect nothing less from a true representative.  Washington is corrupt to the core and it's sick beyond words.
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #5 on: 10 20, 16, 11:17:46:PM » Reply

Amen, Chuck.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #6 on: 10 21, 16, 03:14:49:AM » Reply

Why can't we have liberals say nice things about Republicans/ Conservatives?  It's always the Republican expected to be conciliatory.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #7 on: 10 21, 16, 03:23:10:AM » Reply

Because HW was always a gentleman...

And you'd think that Bill would have taken that to heart, yet, he defiled the Oval office, and allowed his staff to steal and vandalize the WH when he left it.

Class is lost on today's liberals...
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #8 on: 10 21, 16, 03:39:46:AM » Reply

Do you remember what Clinton left for W?

A vandalized White House!
Baretta19

« Reply #9 on: 10 21, 16, 05:53:49:AM » Reply

We have let politics tear this country apart.

Ah no "we" haven't let politics tear this country apart, blindly devoted MORONS are tearing this country apart and the vast majority of this comes from the left with their rhetoric that "old white men" have caused all the problems, when the left spews their rhetoric that "you are under privileged because of "old white men"" Hillary states she will protect us from "hate speech" yet to clueless to grasp the fact SHE and her party  are largely a part of the problem in this country.
August West

« Reply #10 on: 10 21, 16, 06:50:52:AM » Reply

FOX news and Rush Limbaugh have put your party on the verge of extinction and takn wants to talk about blow jobs, dd wants to talk about vandalism, and Dan thinks we should applaud a guy who ridicules the handicapped. You folks are a real hoot!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #11 on: 10 21, 16, 11:50:38:AM » Reply

The two newest polls put Trump ahead!
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: George H.W. Bush Letter to Bill Clinton
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory