Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 07:56:43:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: legalize it...gallup poll at 60% 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: legalize it...gallup poll at 60%  (Read 582 times)
gwboolean

« Reply #12 on: 10 21, 16, 02:33:25:PM » Reply

That is true Warren.  No one is committing any crime, they are just breaking a law (big difference)that goes against constitutional rights.  The problem I have is that it is the same people who have been putting people in prison for doing what is their right are now the ones who are going to make billions of dollars from it.

On the other hand, the potential for safety hazards significantly increase and how the shit is grown and what goes into the products needs some regulation before we start finding a lot of poisoned people. Of course this has nothing to do with legalization, but product safety regulation needs to be at the front of any legalization to grow and sell products.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #13 on: 10 21, 16, 02:36:14:PM » Reply

Govt will never legalize something unless they can get money from it (TAX IT!!).

Look at tobacco & alcohol & licenses & building permits.
gwboolean

« Reply #14 on: 10 21, 16, 02:39:36:PM » Reply

Govt will never legalize something unless they can get money from it (TAX IT!!).

That is true Comrade Weenie.  So what?
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #15 on: 10 21, 16, 02:41:43:PM » Reply

gwbooger....  Obviously, you don't bother to read posts above!!
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #16 on: 10 21, 16, 02:45:07:PM » Reply

I agree that it should be legal, but the truth is if I were voting on it I would vote against it because I know where all of the money made is going to end up and that really pisses me off.  I even live in a state where pot is now legal.

Yep, the money would all be going to your comrades in Washington and their pharma buddies.  That's would piss me off too.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 10 21, 16, 02:49:39:PM » Reply

There is always a risk with using drugs, even marijuana without proper supervision:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/06/390143641/pot-can-trigger-psychotic-symptoms-for-some-but-do-the-effects-last

In the "American Sniper" murder trial, prosecutors successfully countered Eddie Ray Routh's plea of not guilty by reason of insanity by saying that he just seemed psychotic because he was high. But scientists continue to argue over whether marijuana-induced psychosis is always short-lived or if there's a deeper connection at play.

Nobody would question that marijuana can make some people temporarily experience psychotic symptoms, says Dr. Nora Volkow, the director of the National Institute for Drug Abuse at the National Institutes for Health. "But can cannabis by itself trigger the schizophrenic disease? That's not so clear," she says.

Volkow says it's important to make that distinction. Drugs like marijuana or methamphetamine can make someone experience symptoms like paranoia, hostility and disorganized thinking. But that's very different from a chronic, persistent psychotic disorder like schizophrenia. "You can have a psychotic episode from the use of marijuana without it turning into schizophrenia," Volkow says. "It's very distressing, but you'll get out of it."

Still, some researchers are convinced that marijuana contributes to the development of schizophrenia. There have been nine studies following hundreds to thousands of people for decades looking for a connection between marijuana use and psychosis.

All but one of these studies suggest that marijuana use is associated with schizophrenia. Sir Robin Murray, a psychiatrist at King's College in London, says that evidence changed his mind about weed. "Even I, 20 years ago, used to tell patients that cannabis is safe. It's only after you see all the patients that go psychotic that you realize – it's not so safe."
gwboolean

« Reply #18 on: 10 21, 16, 02:55:48:PM » Reply

Yep, the money would all be going to your comrades in Washington and their pharma buddies.  That's would piss me off too.

I don't think it will be your pharma buddies Comrade Chuckles.  But it damn sure will be some TrEA$on party free enterprise that will.  Besides Comrade Chuckles, you have supported the rights of pharma for years now.  Why the sudden change of heart now?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 10 21, 16, 03:11:32:PM » Reply

There have been nine studies following hundreds to thousands of people for decades looking for a connection between marijuana use and psychosis.

All but one of these studies suggest that marijuana use is associated with schizophrenia. Sir Robin Murray, a psychiatrist at King's College in London, says that evidence changed his mind about weed. "Even I, 20 years ago, used to tell patients that cannabis is safe. It's only after you see all the patients that go psychotic that you realize – it's not so safe."
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #20 on: 10 21, 16, 03:31:41:PM » Reply

It's only after you see all the patients that go psychotic that you realize – it's not so safe."

ALL the patients Huh?

The reality is that it's a very small amount.

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #21 on: 10 21, 16, 06:38:35:PM » Reply

Bool, bool, bool, don't you understand your master's MO by now?   Their pharma buddies will ask them to only allow manufactured weed that is of legal prescription (to protect the public, of course, lol), no homegrown allowed.  Your masters will do that for them and will get their tax take in addition to the money they got from their pharma buddies.

I guess you are not supposed to know that, but just be a good little drone.
bluespower
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: 10 21, 16, 11:56:41:PM » Reply

the 4? legal states and all the medical marijuana states allow home grown weed with limits I can live with...many many ounces.
but why bother when you can legally buy many ounces per month?

big pharma and alcohol are effectively cut out of the mix...
because growing and distribution of decriminalized weed... legal and medical is decentralized to a state, local, and individual level.
so far.
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #23 on: 10 22, 16, 12:08:13:AM » Reply

Considering the sad state of the American collective Intellect I can't really see why any sane man would want to depress and suppress it even further.  Our Institutes of Higher Education have done a fine job without the need for chemical adjuncts
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: legalize it...gallup poll at 60%
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About