Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 10:14:05:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653716 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Good Lord...... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Good Lord......  (Read 4762 times)
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #12 on: 08 17, 10, 11:04:47:AM » Reply

The United States of America was primarily founded to guarantee freedom from religious prosecution..

Then you would be wrong, the Pilgrim were not tolerate, nor where the Calverts, Amish  and several that came here..
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #13 on: 08 17, 10, 11:09:27:AM » Reply

Religious prosecution happens all the time, last one was in Texas took all there kids, then there was Waco , Mormans on poligamy I could go on and on. You clearly have uninformed opion and that is useless.
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #14 on: 08 17, 10, 11:11:14:AM » Reply

Grils - it's not about persecution - religious or otherwise - it's about sacred recognition of what simply and very really IS. WAS. And forever will be. As long as human's recollect. And feel pain. And are entitled to be reminded of much and stand in reverent recognition of such. And be very really impacted by as much. The terroris pursuits of others - religiously "justified' or not.

See my post in regard to the parallels of the lessons of Christianity pursued Auschwitz, the sacred site it forever resides on.

A gym within a mosque blocks from 9/11 and a community "learning" center supplanting for something or another, really girls? Come on... sheez - why didn't the Christians wanting to build a church at the site of Auschwitz think of that one? Because they were, at the very least, not as irreverently detached as some others, I guess...
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #15 on: 08 17, 10, 11:29:16:AM » Reply

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.   John Adams

No morals no safety of the Constitution!
julianne
Honored Member

Initial Impressions Matter

« Reply #16 on: 08 17, 10, 11:35:12:AM » Reply

Sadie, first of all, it's good to see you on the board and I'm glad that you are doing OK.

Secondly, I urge everyone to click on this link and read the entire article, as it is quite an eye opener .......

William Dalrymple:

... we have seen politicians like Rick Lazio, a Republican candidate for New York governor, question whether Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the principal figure behind the project, might have links to “radical organizations.”

The problem with such claims goes far beyond the fate of a mosque in downtown Manhattan. They show a dangerously inadequate understanding of the many divisions, complexities and nuances within the Islamic world — a failure that hugely hampers Western efforts to fight violent Islamic extremism and to reconcile Americans with peaceful adherents of the world’s second-largest religion.

Most of us are perfectly capable of making distinctions within the Christian world. The fact that someone is a Boston Roman Catholic doesn’t mean he’s in league with Irish Republican Army bomb makers, just as not all Orthodox Christians have ties to Serbian war criminals or Southern Baptists to the murderers of abortion doctors.

sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #17 on: 08 17, 10, 12:15:26:PM » Reply

[Obama text] And Ground Zero is, indeed, hallowed ground. But let me be clear. As a citizen, and as President, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country.

Including the part where they lash out at unbelievers with mass-murder, and then erect a monumental mosque to celebrate their feat of blood, their dragging of the bodies?

It turns the White House into a grotesquerie of competing observances, when the President pops in to gladhand Catholics holding a novena in one room, Jews having a seder in another, and Moslems holding a Ramadan supper in yet another, his hands smoking-fresh with blood of a chicken he's just helped slaughter down the corridor where the santeros are staging the gross solemnities of palo mayombe next door to the Wiccans who are "breaking in" the White House with its very first Witches' Sabbath, before hurrying along to mingle with the Satanists who've just summoned Lord Moloch with a prayer circle of their own.

This is insane.
Time to hit the reset button!
cheryl1118
Honored Member

« Reply #18 on: 08 17, 10, 12:17:33:PM » Reply

why didn't the Christians wanting to build a church at the site of Auschwitz think of that one? Because they were, at the very least, not as irreverently detached as some others, I guess...

Oregon

no one is thinking of building a Mosque at ground zero either!!!!!...WTF is wrong with you people.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #19 on: 08 17, 10, 12:21:37:PM » Reply

Given the number of outright liberals claiming Catholicism as their faith in this country and throughout the world ... a better question would be whether Catholicism and conservatism can coexist. Practicing Protestants are far more likely to be conservative than are practicing Catholics.

The most Protestant countries in this world tend to be the freest and most prosperous countries in this world ... led by the United States.

Interesting story today says most Hispanic youth are turning away from Catholicism.
julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #20 on: 08 17, 10, 12:29:54:PM » Reply

Given the number of outright liberals claiming Catholicism as their faith in this country and throughout the world ... a better question would be whether Catholicism and conservatism can coexist. Practicing Protestants are far more likely to be conservative than are practicing Catholics.

Sine, I suggest that you email those comments to Chief Justice John Roberts and the rest of the "conservative" Catholics on the Supreme Court and see what kind of a reaction you will get.

ROFLMAO at your ignorance.
willam

« Reply #21 on: 08 17, 10, 12:36:05:PM » Reply

You say potaytoe, I say potato - and we both know what we are talking about. 

Come on girl.

It changed from a full out mosque to a "community center' when people started to protest its proposed presence- as if their right to do. Two blocks from ground zero being pretty damned inclusive of any intellectual person's appreciations of terrorist intending GROUND ZERO after all.

Give it up, hon. YOU don't care about the pain and suffering of others - in your own country - too bad for you. Not then and not now. Too bad for you - AND your callous and uncaring sensibilities. And too bad (to date) to those within the Muslim faith that have yet to sit down (or stand up) and hold their own faith and those that profess to belong to it - accountable.

Just like those that tolerated Auschwitz knowingly in their midst and went to Christian churches every Sunday,did  too. Only 70 years ago.

Goodness, gracious. The cruel and UNINTELLECGTUAL hypocrisy flows thick on here today.
julianne
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: 08 17, 10, 12:45:52:PM » Reply

lm oregon, why do you continue to spit on the hallowed ground of the three hundred innocent Muslims who died at the WTC on 9/11, including the Muslim first responders who lost their lives trying to save others from the rubble and a pregnant Muslim woman who was on one of the planes that crashed into the buildings?

Never mind......

willam

« Reply #23 on: 08 17, 10, 01:03:36:PM » Reply

Ah, hon - you and I agree - the DISCUSSION is a Muslim one, indeed.

As it was a Christian one to own 70 years ago - when (after the fact) Catholic hypocrites thought a Catholic presence at or near Auschwitz would appease for what was needed then and now - which is open and honest discussion about it all - which perhaps has yet to fully occur even today.

Time is now indeed for Muslims at a cross roads WITH THE WORLD to stand with terrorists allowed to intermingle and disrepect their faith - or stand up and take action IN THEIR MIDST against them.

A "community center"at what is for all intents and purposes ground zero, which is very really a mosque does none of that. Certainly does nothing - one bounced ball at a time- to honor one of those or 300 of those that were Muslim that were targetted, tortured and killed on 9/11. On that sacred, reverent georgraphic location that is now and will forevermore be ground zero.

Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Good Lord......
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory