Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 07:08:32:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Good Lord...... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Good Lord......  (Read 4761 times)
Sadie402

« on: 08 17, 10, 09:16:49:AM » Reply

The mosque is NOT being proposed at ground zero.....period!

captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #1 on: 08 17, 10, 09:34:23:AM » Reply

Ground-Zero-Mosque-map.jpg (23.14 KB, 190x237 - viewed 19 times.)

Also, it isn't a mosque

no more than a YMCA is a church because it has a chapel inside
lakitss

« Reply #2 on: 08 17, 10, 10:07:33:AM » Reply

In the opinion of many, "ground zero" is the entire area affected by murderous scum.

The issue is why there? 2 or 3 blocks away is still too close to not have symbolism.
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #3 on: 08 17, 10, 10:15:58:AM » Reply

Why there?

That's where the old factory that was for sale happened to be standing

and in a neighborhood known in New York as "Little Syria" because for decades a lot of Muslims have lived there

why else?
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #4 on: 08 17, 10, 10:22:15:AM » Reply

why else?

Perhaps the most egregious and blatant example of Islamic triumphalism is the planned construction of a giant mosque in New York, almost upon the site of the horrific destruction of the Twin Towers by Moslem terrorists acting in the name of Allah.

The proposed mosque is to be opened in 2011 on the very anniversary of the September 11, 2001 atrocity — a flagrant insult to the memory of the thousands of innocents who died at the hands of Moslem fanatics and believers, most of them Saudis.

But this, after all, is what jihad is all about. Subdue the "infidel" at all costs. The Islamic obligation to conquer and convert the unbeliever must never lapse. Its tangible manifestation can also be characterized as the mosques of war.

Joseph C. Phillips: Tolerance and the Ground Zero Mosque

that's why !
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #5 on: 08 17, 10, 10:31:39:AM » Reply

I wonder, and yes, I pray, as to why we have to make this the "holy grail" of all Muslim issues.

Why? I hear people - still in shock and horror over 9/11 being forced by our president to "own" declarations from him that this mosque, in this express location must 'be' - or else.

And I wonder. And yes, I know quite well by now all of the high minded arguments as to why those that think this must mosque "be" are making.

I am just not buying it. Another mosque "needed" just exactly there? Really. Even after hearing not from you or from me - but from those that lost their loved ones to Muslim inflamed hate - from all walks and religious persuasions, saying "please don't do this" - and yet on and on we go - trying to justify this mosque. Because why, exactly. Like putting a Christian Church at the forrever reverant and sacred express site of Auschwitz would automatically exorerate a mad man who perpetrated genocide against all Jews, because of his terrroist agenda in the 1930's and 4's, or whatever. I mean come on - human nature and the imprecise process of healing do not work like that.

Because we don't want to acknowledge the very real hurt and pain, the enormity of the very real terrorist trauma that was born upon this Country and its citizenry INCLUDING ITS MUSLIM POPULATION on 9/11 by those that are to this day still waging a acknowledged terrorist war against America and against this world by those very same Muslim inflamed evil intenders. We would just like to imagine that building a Muslim mosque displaces all of that - instanteously. Or incrementally - because this one mosque has determined all of that to be so?

Sorry Mr. President - you may force it to be so. But I am not buying it. I just am not. Did the organizers of this one specific mosque ever sat down with victims of 9/11 and explain the justifications for any of this - did so BEFORE they demanded this mosque be built within two blocks of The World Trade Center - did they?
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #6 on: 08 17, 10, 10:35:11:AM » Reply

The mosque is NOT being proposed at ground zero.....period!

If that is the depth of your knowledge on the topic, Thank You, But we already knew that, we do not need the basics like you and caserio.! They are already placing a Jewish art center there at ground zero.
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #7 on: 08 17, 10, 10:39:36:AM » Reply

911 Words About 'Obama's Mosque'
By Kevin McCullough
Published August 17, 2010
| FoxNews.com
It was something he certainly didn't have to do. But he did it anyway. President Obama stepped into the fray of the single most divisive issue pertaining to terrorism, healing of hurt, religious disagreement, civil liberties, political fracturing, racism, and national security all in one step.
How's that for bringing us all together?
Why a sitting president feels compelled to sit down to a formal Muslim dinner in the first place begs the issue of necessity. Although, to be fair, President Bush also held Iftaar dinners, in the State dining room. But in this case, Mr. Obama, why not send a nice little videotaped greeting like you did the Boy Scouts of America? I mean it's not like it was the 100th anniversary of anything, after all.
No, instead President Obama you felt compelled, not just to attend, but to host the little soiree and then make formal comments addressing the gathering.
Something along the lines of:
But let me be clear: as a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country. That includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances. This is America, and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakeable. The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country, and will not be treated differently by their government, is essential to who we are. The writ of our Founders must endure."
Question, Mr. President, "Do you feel that all Muslims have a right to exercise their religion?"
How about those around the world who buy into the exact same brand of Islam that the killers of 9/11 practiced? Do you feel that they have the right to practice that brand of Islam in the United States? How about on the hallowed space surrounding Ground Zero?
Even the "moderate" practitioners of *that* faith seem to be having some real trouble coming to clarity on not encouraging their fellow Islamists to be so insensitive.
To date all of two prominent moderate Muslims have had the courage, and endured the death threats, to suggest the mosque be built somewhere else.
But you, Mr. President, we expected better of you, and Mr. Bloomberg, and Mr. Paterson for that matter. We expected those of you who work for "We the People" to have some sort of understanding of propriety, decency, and honor. At the very least we did, and still do expect you to demonstrate some modicum of competence: like pushing the pause button until we know who is funding the mosque, and where the money comes from.
Also a check into the known links between the front man for the effort and terrorist groups wouldn't hurt either.
What we especially don't need and wish you wouldn't waste our time on is meaningless public statements. Are you genuinely so bored that you've run out of things to comment on? Here’s a topic for you:
"Extension of the Bush tax cuts for small businesses so that we can tackle unemployment problems in our nation...” Discuss...
The truth is the Obama mosque is in large measure being favored and given preferential treatment to other communities of faith. How else can you explain why a small Greek Orthodox church in the same neighborhood--which existed prior to 9/11--still doesn't have clearance or permission to reestablish its presence in lower Manhattan?
Americans aren't unreasonable, Mr. President. If we could be really sure, because some investigative body did its job thoroughly, that the kind of Islam being taught in this particular mosque wouldn't be the same kind of Islam that is taught in radical mosques all over the world, then we'd find it somewhat easier to be soothed by your forked tongue.
The problem here is, no one's even claiming to have a desire to look into it.
In Islam there is a long standing practice of building a mosque, a temple, a shrine to Allah's glory upon conquered lands. I know that you and the rest of the "professional left" find it inconceivable that Muslims would dare to think that about America. But you've given them no reason to think otherwise.
You let your Attorney General spit in the face of the 9/11 families by attempting to bring the beasts currently housed at Gitmo back to my precious city to make some grand gesture. But the jihadists didn't see it that way. They laughed at you for your foolishness.
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #8 on: 08 17, 10, 10:39:58:AM » Reply

In fact, since you've been in office you've repeatedly apologized to the Islamic world for America's action of liberation to fifty million Muslims, you wholly redirected our space program to the unique purpose of making them feel good about how smart Muslims used to be, and on issue after issue you've sided with the views of the terrorists, even appointing several of the former defenders of the Gitmo detainees to your Department of Justice.
But this last week, even though no one was asking you to, you stepped into the most painful issue related to the hallowed grounds of 9/11 to date.
You chose sides, even when nobody cared if you did.
But now it's in your file. We will discuss during your performance review in November and over the next two years.
And now you own it!
The Obama Mosque of Lower Manhattan... Hmmm...
It does have a ring to it.
Kevin McCullough is the nationally syndicated host of "'Baldwin/McCullough Radio"now heard on 212 stations and columnist based in New York. He blogs at The Kind Of MAN Every Man SHOULD Be is in stores now. And host of "The Kevin McCullough Show"weekdays 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. ET on Sirius 161
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #9 on: 08 17, 10, 10:43:58:AM » Reply

McCullough is spot on.
cheryl1118
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 08 17, 10, 10:46:12:AM » Reply

Hi Sade

How have you been?

The outrage of building the Islamic Cultural Community Center  which will include a culinary school, gym and basketball court, swimming pool, a Sept. 11 memorial and contemplation space is an embarrassment to what this country stands for.  The lies that are allowed to perpetuate regarding this issue, media is certainly the blame, the TeaParty/GOP leadership fearmongering making division a party platform, the  ignorance of the extreme right-wing followers for not being well informed.
Just look at Sine and BeavisButthead he just posts and quotes everything any right-winged ding-a-ling says.   Simply no minds of their own
Sadie402

« Reply #11 on: 08 17, 10, 10:58:42:AM » Reply

I'm fine....recovering slowly but steadily.....I really don't come on here much anymore....the hate and stupidity get tiresome.....

Last I knew The United States of America was primarily founded to guarantee freedom from religious prosecution....and yet in 2010 the boneheads don't get that at all.....
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Good Lord......
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory