Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:27:16:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653400 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why Does Donald Trump Lie So Much? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Why Does Donald Trump Lie So Much?  (Read 400 times)
wvit1001

« on: 09 27, 16, 02:26:51:PM » Reply

Although the media have made much of Clinton’s “trust problem,” data even beyond this debate tally suggest that Trump has a solid pattern of lying pretty much all the time, about any situation, especially those that might cast him in what he perceives as a negative light.

His reputation is such that this debate, like no debate before it, had every news media outlet promising intensive fact-checking of every assertion. Fact-checkers have probably never before been this employable and may be the true winners in this election.

When we encounter someone who tells a blatant lie–and insists on it even in the face of clear evidence that it is a lie–many of us likely wonder what makes a person like that tick. Why does one person care so little about falsehood, behave so shamelessly about insisting on their truth when others of us think it’s a pretty big deal?

Experts don’t know for sure what drives the troublesome lying. They know impulsivity and a need to impress could be linked to the habit.

Intentional dissimulation…is associated with a range of diagnoses, such as antisocial, borderline and narcissistic personality disorders. When it comes to compulsive liars, says Charles Ford, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Alabama Birmingham, “words seem to flow out of their mouths without them thinking about it.” Ford, the author of Lies! Lies!! Lies!!! The Psychology of Deceit, says that pathological liars may slide easily from the notion that something could have happened to the conviction that it did. When pressed, many will admit what they are saying isn’t true.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2016/09/27/why-does-donald-trump-lie-so-much/#6b4353676d24
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 09 27, 16, 02:27:42:PM » Reply

Why Does Donald Trump Lie So Much?

Why do liberals care about lying all of a sudden?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 09 27, 16, 02:29:18:PM » Reply

so you don't care about his lies dan?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 09 27, 16, 02:32:43:PM » Reply

so you don't care about his lies dan?

Sure.  But then I have always cared about lies on BOTH sides.  Why all of a sudden do you start caring about lies when you didn't say a peep about liberals lying?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 09 27, 16, 02:33:28:PM » Reply

Because telling the truth doesn't win elections.  Ron Paul proved that.  Judge by actions and results, not words.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 09 27, 16, 02:34:34:PM » Reply

Clinton didn't lie about anything last night dan.   
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #6 on: 09 27, 16, 02:39:22:PM » Reply

Clinton didn't lie about anything last night dan.

So you didn't know Hillary lied when she said 'stop and frisk' was ruled unconstitutional because it was ineffective?  And you didn't know she lied about the murder rate going down after 'stop and frisk' was discontinued?

So are you unaware of these lies, or are you lying that she didn't say any?
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 09 27, 16, 02:41:37:PM » Reply

Donald Trump says the police tactic known as stop-and-frisk led to a drop in murders in New York City, while Hillary Clinton says it has been ruled unconstitutional.

At the first presidential debate, neither was quite right.

Crime began falling in New York before police fully embraced the tactic, which allows police to stop anyone deemed suspicious.

And the number of murders has continued to fall even after the use of stop-and-frisk was dramatically curbed.

A federal judge ruled its use in New York discriminated against minorities, but the tactic itself remains allowed under the law.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 09 27, 16, 02:43:07:PM » Reply

Trump is wrong about the judge’s ruling, but it’s complicated. U.S. District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin did rule in 2013 that the stop and frisk practice violated the Constitution in the landmark case, Floyd v. City of New York. But it didn’t end there.

Judge Scheindlin ruled that stop and frisk, in practice, had a discriminatory effect on blacks and Hispanics, violating the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments. “The Equal Protection Clause’s prohibition on selective enforcement means that suspicious blacks and Hispanics may not be treated differently by the police than equally suspicious whites,” the judge said. You can read Judge Scheindlin’s opinion below.

However, the city did ask the Second Circuit Court of Appeals to vacate the ruling, but the court said no.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 09 27, 16, 02:49:20:PM » Reply

neither was quite right.

And yet you claimed  Hillary didn't lie.  Tsks tsk tsk.

And the number of murders has continued to fall even after the use of stop-and-frisk was dramatically curbed.

Wrong.  The number of murders went UP from 2014 to 2015.  Were you unaware of that, wvit?

A federal judge ruled its use in New York discriminated against minorities, but the tactic itself remains allowed under the law.

'Stop and frisk' does not discriminate against minorities.  Minorities are the ones who are most affected because they are the ones who exhibit the most probable causes for search.  I could say the same about men.  Men are far more affected than women.  Does that mean men are discriminated against?  No.  They just happen to be the ones who commit the most violent crime.  It is not discrimination to learn from facts.
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 09 27, 16, 02:51:51:PM » Reply

New data from the FBI, released Monday, find that there were 352 murders in New York City in 2015, a rate of 4.1 murders per 100,000 people. That’s up from 333 murders last year, a rate of 3.9 murders per 100,000 people.

But preliminary numbers from the NYPD show a large decline in murders in New York City more recently: In 2016, there have been 252 murders through September 25, a 5.3 percent decline compared to this time in 2015.
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 09 27, 16, 02:53:08:PM » Reply

what about all the Trump lies dan?  you dismiss his multiple lies while haranguing clinton.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why Does Donald Trump Lie So Much?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory