Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 01:02:04:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660256 Posts in 298568 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition  (Read 64 times)
wvit1001

« on: 09 26, 16, 11:16:26:AM » Reply

Choosing Myron Ebell means Trump plans to drastically reshape climate policies

The Trump team has also lined up leaders for its Energy Department and Interior Department teams. Republican energy lobbyist Mike McKenna is heading the DOE team; former Interior Department solicitor David Bernhardt is leading the effort for that agency, according to sources close to the campaign.

Ebell is a well-known and polarizing figure in the energy and environment realm. His participation in the EPA transition signals that the Trump team is looking to drastically reshape the climate policies the agency has pursued under the Obama administration. Ebell’s role is likely to infuriate environmentalists and Democrats but buoy critics of Obama’s climate rules.

Ebell, who was dubbed an “elegant nerd” and a “policy wonk” by Vanity Fair, is known for his prolific writings that question what he calls climate change “alarmism.” He appears frequently in the media and before Congress. He’s also chairman of the Cooler Heads Coalition, a group of nonprofits that “question global warming alarmism and oppose energy-rationing policies.”

Ebell appears to relish criticism from the left.

In a biography submitted when he testified before Congress, he listed among his recognitions that he had been featured in a Greenpeace “Field Guide to Climate Criminals,” dubbed a “misleader” on global warming by Rolling Stone and was the subject of a motion to censure in the British House of Commons after Ebell criticized the United Kingdom’s chief scientific adviser for his views on global warming.

More recently, Ebell has called the Obama administration’s Clean Power Plan for greenhouse gases illegal and said that Obama joining the Paris climate treaty “is clearly an unconstitutional usurpation of the Senate’s authority.”

He told Vanity Fair in 2007, “There has been a little bit of warming ... but it’s been very modest and well within the range for natural variability, and whether it’s caused by human beings or not, it’s nothing to worry about.”

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #1 on: 09 26, 16, 11:20:56:AM » Reply

Sure beats the likes of the nut job, eugenics supporting science czar working for Obama now.  Change is coming to America.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 09 26, 16, 11:23:22:AM » Reply

Eugenics supporter?  You are getting nuttier and nuttier chuck.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 09 26, 16, 11:26:07:AM » Reply

You don't know much about your masters.   But, you don't have to.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 09 26, 16, 11:30:14:AM » Reply

I know about that bit of stupid chuck.  Misquoting and taking things out of context is all you have?
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 09 26, 16, 11:31:18:AM » Reply

In response to the comments from Beck and others, Holdren's office issued this statement:

"The quotations used to suggest that Dr. Holdren supports coercive approaches to limiting population growth were taken from a 1977 college textbook on environmental science and policy, of which he was the third author.  The quoted material was from a section of the book that described different possible approaches to limiting population growth and then concluded that the authors’ own preference was to employ the noncoercive approaches before the environmental and social impacts of overpopulation led desperate societies to employ coercive ones.  Dr. Holdren has never been an advocate of compulsory abortions or other repressive means of population limitation."
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 09 26, 16, 11:33:35:AM » Reply

Under questioning by Sen. David Vitter, R-La., during his Senate confirmation hearing, Holdren said he "no longer thinks it's productive to focus on optimum population for the United States. ... I think the key thing today is that we need to work to improve the conditions that all of our citizens face economically, environmentally, and in other respects. And we need to aim for something that I have for years been calling 'sustainable prosperity.'"

Vitter continued with his line of question, asking directly, "Do you think determining optimal population is a proper role of government?"

Said Holdren: "No, senator, I do not. ... I think the proper role of government is to develop and deploy the policies with respect to economy, environment, security, that will ensure the well-being of the citizens we have."
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #7 on: 09 26, 16, 01:29:37:PM » Reply

SOBama has an enviro-wacko leading his EPA right now.

So, what's wrong with Mr. Trump picking a Normal-thinking Person for his team? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #8 on: 09 26, 16, 01:32:43:PM » Reply

Is that a bumper sticker?
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 09 26, 16, 02:16:22:PM » Reply

only thing is that America isn't in the toilet.  From what I see we are doing quite well.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 09 26, 16, 04:39:39:PM » Reply

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition

Good!  Finally someone not brainwashed with fallacious liberal dogma.  Finally someone with an open mind.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #11 on: 09 26, 16, 04:43:06:PM » Reply

oh gee. . . . I'm a man made climate change skeptic. . . maybe I'll ask President Trump to lead the EPA. . . as I'll close it down.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory