Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 04:59:38:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663600 Posts in 298891 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 50% of American guns owned by 3% of population 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: 50% of American guns owned by 3% of population  (Read 9233 times)
wvit1001

« on: 09 20, 16, 10:32:10:AM » Reply

Half of America's guns are owned by just 3 percent of the population – and those people own an average of 17 firearms each, a new survey says. It also found that the number of male gun owners is decreasing, while female ownership is on the rise.

The unpublished Harvard/Northeastern survey – which was obtained by the Guardian and the Trace – estimates that America's gun stock has increased by 70 million guns since 1994, with the current number totaling 265 million.

However, the rise in guns hasn't come with a rise in owners. In fact, the number of people owning guns has actually decreased from 25 percent to 22 percent.

https://www.rt.com/usa/359959-american-gun-ownership-study/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 09 20, 16, 10:51:50:AM » Reply

A Pew Research Center poll released on August 26 shows that 44 percent of all households now own a gun.

This expansion of household gun ownership comes amid an ongoing streak of 15 months of consecutive gun sale background checks and various poll results showing Americans believe gun ownership makes them safer, rather than putting them at risk.

According to Pew, 44 percent of all households have a gun, versus 51 percent who said they did not. This same poll showed that 58 percent of respondents viewed gun ownership as something that brings safety, versus 37 percent who believe such ownership increases risk.

Moreover, high profile firearms-based attacks appeared to drive more Americans toward gun ownership, not gun control.

29 Aug 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3763576/Now-44-percent-households-one-gun-showing-sharp-increase-domestic-weapon-ownership-says-new-poll.html
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #2 on: 09 20, 16, 10:54:22:AM » Reply

Join and support you local militia, they have guns to protect you from these fucking communist like wvit  taking your freedom and rights away from you.

As sweetwater points out,, wvits post is an outright lie AGAIN.

Pathological liars never change.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 09 20, 16, 10:58:06:AM » Reply

from sweaty's link -

The latest Pew research, conducted among 2,010 adults, shows broad support among Democrats and Republicans to subjecting private gun and sales at gun shows to background checks.

Some 90 percent of Hillary Clinton supporters are for the more stringent checks alongside 75% of Donald Trump backers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3763576/Now-44-percent-households-one-gun-showing-sharp-increase-domestic-weapon-ownership-says-new-poll.html
william H
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 09 20, 16, 10:58:45:AM » Reply

WOW vomit in this current environment of liars and corrupt people in government how many people do you think will admit to some guy on the phone YES I OWN A GUN   
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 09 20, 16, 11:02:03:AM » Reply

that's an old PEW study that you reference isn't it sweaty.  It's dated over 3 years ago.  And it doesn't really say what your story says it does.

Let's look at the actual PEW study shall we -

About four-in-ten Americans live in a household where there is a gun

A Pew Research Center survey in early May found that 41% of adults reported having a gun in their household: 27% said they personally owned a gun, and 14% said the gun or guns in their home were owned by someone else.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/26/about-four-in-ten-americans-live-in-a-household-where-there-is-a-gun/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 09 20, 16, 11:06:17:AM » Reply

A Pew Research Center poll released on August 26, 2016 shows that 44 percent of all households now own a gun.

The new study indicates a sharp increase in firearm ownership in the U.S.

Requests for FBI background checks have reached record levels in 2016, indicating demand for firearms will also continues to rise.

Published: 08:49 EST, 29 August 2016 | Updated: 11:12 EST, 29 August 2016

29 Aug 2016

wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 09 20, 16, 11:08:58:AM » Reply

I'm not sure why you keep repeating your bullshit over and over sweaty.  Can you not link to the actual PEW poll?  Do you need someone to tell you what it says?

About four-in-ten Americans live in a household where there is a gun

A Pew Research Center survey in early May found that 41% of adults reported having a gun in their household: 27% said they personally owned a gun, and 14% said the gun or guns in their home were owned by someone else.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/26/about-four-in-ten-americans-live-in-a-household-where-there-is-a-gun/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 09 20, 16, 11:13:50:AM » Reply

Pew Research Center poll released on August 26, 2016 is the latest.   Your poll is old, wvit.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 09 20, 16, 11:16:03:AM » Reply

I notice you don't like to it though.  Why not?
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 09 20, 16, 11:17:52:AM » Reply

Is this the PEW study you are talking about sweaty?

For the past several years, large majorities of both Democrats and Republicans have favored making private gun sales and sales at gun shows subject to background checks.

Today, this proposal draws support from 90% of registered voters who back Hillary Clinton and 75% of voters who back Donald Trump.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/08/26/opinions-on-gun-policy-and-the-2016-campaign/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 09 20, 16, 11:19:01:AM » Reply

Gun ownership is up in America. So why isn't the media telling you about it?

Two weeks ago, the PEW Research Center released a survey showing that gun ownership by households is up to 44% — a 7-percentage point increase in the past two years. Another 5% of households won’t reveal whether they own a gun.  Yet, not a single mainstream American media headline has announced the increase.

cont @

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/09/08/gun-ownership-is-up-in-america-so-why-isnt-media-telling-about-it.html

A recent Zogby Analytics survey posed the question, "If a national pollster asked you if you owned a firearm, would you determine to tell him or her the truth or would you feel it was none of their business?”  Thirty-five percent of current gun owners said that it was none of the pollsters’ business.  This answer is especially common among those who claim not to be gun owners.
Pages: 1 2 ... 15 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 50% of American guns owned by 3% of population
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory