Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 01:51:09:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660975 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: Today is also Pet Memorial Day. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Today is also Pet Memorial Day.  (Read 1238 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 09 11, 16, 06:22:11:AM » Reply

People love their pets. We quickly grow attached to our pets. National Pet Memorial Day is an opportunity to bring closure to the departure of our  beloved pets. It allows us to fondly remember our departed pet(s).

There are all kinds of pets. Sure dogs and cats are by far the most popular. But, pets also include rabbits, fish, turtles, ferrets, crabs, snakes, hamsters, gerbils, and a huge assortment of other animals.

Your pet would want you to cherish their memory, then move on. Use this special day for this purpose.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 09 11, 16, 12:58:55:PM » Reply

They have a memorial service every September at Best Friends Animal Society in Utah - a charity that I donate to frequently.  You send in your pet memory with a photo and they have a blessing and read out every name.  Our beloved airedale, Edgar, has his memorial there and I send in a card with his picture every year.  One day I want to go there.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 09 14, 16, 04:41:16:PM » Reply

That sounds really nice, emily. I remember once we had a ceremony over the toilet for a lizard. LOL 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 09 19, 16, 12:34:52:AM » Reply

We had a ceremony for our daughter's pet rat who caught a cold and died, even though I tried to revive him with brandy.  It was very traumatic.  We put him in a shoe box surrounded with flowers.  Dad dug a hole and we said a few words about him.  Little brother said,  "I don't think Benny's dead".  More tears as we assured him Benny was gone.  We marked the place with a cross - big mistake, as the next day little brother snuck out and dug him up.  He was in a lot of trouble and it took a long while for big sister to get over it.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: Today is also Pet Memorial Day.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory