Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 02:36:31:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663082 Posts in 298837 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The good thing about this board 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The good thing about this board  (Read 1478 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #12 on: 09 07, 16, 02:32:33:PM » Reply

takncarabizniz has been my primary moniker on all the discussion forums for a millenia...LOL

I started out with a different name but was subjected to harrassment and stalking and had to completely remove myself from the first forum on Iwon until the administrators took care of the issue.  But, despite one completely whacked out harrasser who managed to follow me around on Iwon, myway, Excite and now here at Aesops, I have remained with my favorite name.  Just made it so much easier to transition from place to place and people knew who I was at all times. 

Thank Goodness for Jim's diligence, I no longer have to worry about said harrasser, but it was very upsetting and in my private life, very frustrating having to work with security and the authorities to properly file all the paperwork that has, hopefully, kept that person at bay. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #13 on: 09 07, 16, 03:12:48:PM » Reply

I was Liberty_Belle on excite until my email was hacked and my real info was put online  when I left it all blank on purpose. So I quit there. I had several names related to lily or rose on myway at different times but Sea-hag was the most fun. I wish I could remember those names.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #14 on: 09 07, 16, 03:25:20:PM » Reply

Yes when it stops being fun and get's personal - time for a reset. Too bad about the seriousness and invasions of private lives. I remember on Excite back around 2001 or so, people used their real names or parts of their names. Innocent type days I guess when some were just getting on the www such as myself - got my first computer in 2000 and the only times before that that I went on the web was taking computer classes at Chaffey College in the 90's. Around 2001 or so my very first excite log-in was part of my real name. Didn't post very much, mostly read. I wonder if I could remember the password if it would still sign on to excite mail lol.

Sunny --Yayy, my memory isn't completely shot haha. Really good reads your girls giving Stringer What For when he teased....he would end up saying 'I luff you wimmen' and stuff. Wonder whatever happened, where he went - Good ol Nick just couldn't resist being a Sea-Warlock so he could play with you guys.  A Michelle called herself Elvira as I recall...think anyway.

It was right before Myway closed, I think, was when people started revealing their long-time characters. And giving out e-mails/attempting to open new message boards. It got kind of emotional when the final word came - Excite and Myway were actually closing shop. Sadie is another fun girl to read with her back and forth with muddy and uppy; Good sport when those guys were flinging arrows, even today with Uppy on her tail. And pepper's paw...oh my...'Glorrry.' Drove everyone nuts with his Bush countdown. But did like his reverend character when he wasn't doing the 'countdown'. He also had his sidekick, can't think of his name now, but pepper would make monikers for his friends. Robert, name was Rob I think. Made him a funny truck icon. Pepper would plaster his face to funny characters and posted his clown outfits he wore to cheer kids.   
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 09 07, 16, 03:30:37:PM » Reply

I'm on a board with old iwon peeps...might even be some you know. I can send email in private to you gals and they will let you in if you wish. They are now looking for more members. I would post it here but there are still a few trolls from there who post here on the politics board.
I joined  iwon first in 1999 or 2000 as penelope_peach...got my first computer then too and I would click on iwon trying to get my points in everyday to win those millions. LOL I never gave up. ha ha ha
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #16 on: 09 07, 16, 03:50:13:PM » Reply

So you're an iwon girl, Sunshine! Have read that Takn and Em and other's were originals there too. I went there a few times, never became a 'regular'.
Excite RA & SA were my home base, and mainly clicked around Excite's Pets, Home & Family, Poetry/Writing, Religion Board & Politics. The entire site actually but those were the main places.  I remember when Iwon closed - a bunch of iwon'ers 'invaded' lol Excite's Relationship and Sex Advice boards ha ha. Funny how you get to think 'it's our board' - who are you ; p. I remember someone called 'puppy dog' who made a big splash on the 'our' boards having come from iwon. Caused a stir being rascally and posting lots of threads lol.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 09 07, 16, 04:36:48:PM » Reply

I was a charter member at Iwon as well.

It was fun to get my feet wet back then.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #18 on: 09 07, 16, 05:28:17:PM » Reply

For charter members, could be neat to see if you recognize anyone. When iwon closed, that may have been when many of you went to Excite's CE board. Unless you were there already? I remember your long TCB name I think, and also Internetto's :x because he would also post on Politics where I posted occasionally - mostly read.

Who can forget the mischievous 'poopy pants' thing. Haven't seen him around here for a long time.

Before Iwon closed I don't recall Excite's current events/CE board being that busy, that I can remember anyway. You guys must have livened it up.

Like watching an action movie - Politics such hot-button issues.

Ann Coulter and Truth Out . What fierce posters they were on the main political boards at Excite and Myway.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 09 07, 16, 05:44:34:PM » Reply

I remember internetto (?) and his "poopy pants" comments. LOL   I remember that puppy person too...she was a wild one.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #20 on: 09 07, 16, 05:53:46:PM » Reply

I remember pepper...how could anyone forget. Was he really a reverend or was he just having fun? Then there was this crazy lady iown politics called black JuJu....she fought with a lot of people but I really liked her...we emailed about gardening and stuff like that. We were opposite on politics though.

Now I remember my original iwon name now I had before penelope_peach. It was crazy_lady_puff    Puff was my  Maltese dog.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 09 07, 16, 05:58:46:PM » Reply

Forgot...did any of you use the chat board?
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #22 on: 09 07, 16, 07:17:38:PM » Reply

I was on IWon as essexbrit but I went to Excite with my current name..................I think.  I used to like a poster called Mel, she was a singer also cockroachfromars who has made a few rare appearances here.  I enjoyed their posts. 
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #23 on: 09 08, 16, 03:17:40:AM » Reply

I miss mel too.  I still get her singsnap videos once in a while and she has a youtube channel.  Her grandbabies are growing up and she's enjoying her music again.  I kept telling her she should get back into it professionally.  She could have easily done voice over work or sang jingles, just to get her back into the swing, but I think she wanted to do it more for personal enjoyment.

Pacifica, I joined myway and excite when Iwon announced it was shutting down their forums, even though I remained at Iwon till the day the boards went black.  There were a lot of people, like billbeve, cockroach, gantwick, julianned, briannakye, omiaqtpie, internetto, nerdyredneck, catzpaw, roxie, mrcleanjeans (who I believe is still running his chocolate business out here in the island country somewhere), who were on the other boards, some showed up here too...but most are long gone.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The good thing about this board
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory