Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 03:45:53:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663090 Posts in 298838 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The world isn’t getting worse — our information is getting better 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: The world isn’t getting worse — our information is getting better  (Read 19 times)
wvit1001

« on: 07 25, 16, 09:39:36:PM » Reply

People think the world’s getting worse, and we see that on the left and the right, and we see that in other countries. People think the world is getting worse. … That’s the perception. What’s actually happening is our information about what’s wrong in the world is getting better. A century ago, there would be a battle that wiped out the next village, you’d never even hear about it. Now there’s an incident halfway around the globe and we not only hear about it, we experience it.

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/ray-kurzweil-world-isnt-getting-worse-information-getting-better/
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #1 on: 07 25, 16, 11:35:38:PM » Reply

So, what you're saying is that the world and the USA have been all fucked up all along while the Politicians have been telling it how great it is?

Now, why would Politicians tell us everything  is fine when they know it's all fucked up?

Got a reason for that, Vit?
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 07 26, 16, 12:11:31:AM » Reply

Information is instant nowadays from anywhere in the world due to super technology.  Sometimes I think we would be a lot happier not knowing immediately about everything that is going on and having to process all the negativity.  There is nothing like a good book and soft music................now and again!
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #3 on: 07 26, 16, 12:19:28:AM » Reply

Emily, not knowing in a timely manner is not going to make bad news better, nor will it diminish the good news.  It will just keep us all unaware of the reality of the moment.

How can we make the best decisions about out world if we don't have the most current picture of it that we can get?

I agree with the music (I'll take Classical, soft or loud) and a lively News program  Smiley
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The world isn’t getting worse — our information is getting better
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory